Windows 10 SUCKS! Setup Loop On HP 14-CM0012NR

SirTankBall
1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

This is interesting, you pretty much can get a real SSD inside it with mini pci-e to m.2 or sata adapter.

And get a 1 stick 8gb ddr.

i have a 8GB ram stick but im not doing anything like that until i can get the PC up and runing right. 

Image result for Hard drive connector 815139-001

This thing will convert that ribbon stuff to a full fledged sata.

Hard drive connector 815139-001

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

i know, tried it 20+ times. nothing worked. though 7 seems to work. 

I guess you need to try different ISO. Interestingly this loop only happened to me on HP laptops.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Image result for Hard drive connector 815139-001

This thing will convert that ribbon stuff to a full fledged sata.

Hard drive connector 815139-001

cool. thx. 

6 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

i have a 8GB ram stick but im not doing anything like that until i can get the PC up and runing right. 

Turn off everything, have the pc prepared without internet.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

wow only happens on a HP laptop? so ita bug with HP and not windows 10? man HP has gone down hill. 

5 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

wow only happens on a HP laptop? so ita bug with HP and not windows 10? man HP has gone down hill. 

My sample size is really low, maybe happen to other brand as well. ?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I agree that PC is potato since for 180 bucks you could buy an used thinkpad with an old i5

Anyway, it seems to me that the Windows 10 image is corrupted, it is normal for it taking time during the install because eMMC is tricky and can have worse performance compared to an HDD for write

Try re-downloading the windows 10 image and change usb drive

Also, since you won't probably game on it why wouldn't you install a linux distro on it? at least web browsing would be decent 

9 hours ago, Lukyp said:

I agree that PC is potato since for 180 bucks you could buy an used thinkpad with an old i5

Anyway, it seems to me that the Windows 10 image is corrupted, it is normal for it taking time during the install because eMMC is tricky and can have worse performance compared to an HDD for write

Try re-downloading the windows 10 image and change usb drive

Also, since you won't probably game on it why wouldn't you install a linux distro on it? at least web browsing would be decent 

im using a ISO from MS themselfs. linux is a joke OS. right now windows 7 seems to be working and updating just fine. but the 32GB suck! 

27 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

im using a ISO from MS themselfs. linux is a joke OS. right now windows 7 seems to be working and updating just fine. but the 32GB suck! 

If it would be a joke os it wouldn't be used that much , anyway the iso can be corrupted anyway even if you downloaded it from ms itself, you should try to re-download and reflash it, could also be a faulty usb drive