Windows 10 SUCKS! Setup Loop On HP 14-CM0012NR

SirTankBall

so i got this laptop cuz it was $180 at target, and will windows 10 shows how shit it really is. i had to use a flash drive cuz it only has 32GB of SSD space and it couldnt do a update. so i did all that but when it asked me to restart to finish said upload it got stuck at 0% for over a hour then 1% for over a hours. so they i went F this and get a fresh OS from MS's site and made a got it on a flashdrive. now installing it TOKE FOR EVER! but after all that once i got to the setup part it just keeped on looping to the start after doing all the shit once already. i was stuck at that shit for over 4 hours!!! then i said FUCK IT! and i went to put WIn7 just to see if i can get to the desktop, witch i did, installing Win7 (the mast OS) was very fast (around 15mins to win10 40+mins.) it looks like i can get full drivers for this laptop for Win7 and it seems to be in full working order. the only thing i need to do now it give the laptop a HHD since 32GB wont make it will all the Win7 updates that need to be done. 

it only had a 32gig drive? you cant do anything on that after win 10 gets installed and thats not including updates
oh and really its funny thou..you blame win 10 cause you bought a crap laptop?

Sounds more like you bought a potato of a machine.. not windows 10's fault if you ask me... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

with Win10 i get stuck in a setup loop with Win7 i can get the the desktop after doing the setup. its not my laptop. 

2 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

with Win10 i get stuck in a setup loop with Win7 i can get the the desktop after doing the setup. its not my laptop. 

That's exactly what he means. The laptop is probably waay too underpowered to run Windows 10 smoothly, it runs Windows 7 because (and I feel really old for saying this) Windows 7 is now a 9 year old operating system. It was released in 2009, while Minecraft was still in development, Apple was releasing the iPod Touch 3G, Samsung released the first Galaxy, and Sony released the PSP Go. It's ancient, and having it run on low-power hardware isn't really much of a surprise.

Desktop: HP Z220 Workstation, 12 GB RAM, 2x500 GB HDD RAID0, + GTX 1060 3GB

Laptop: ThinkPad T430, 8 GB RAM, 1x120 GB SSD

it u google the laptop's model number u'll see its a laptop from 2018... 

AMD Dual-Core E2-9000e (1.5 GHz base frequency, up to 2 GHz burst frequency, 1 MB cache) VERY low end

• AMD Radeon™ R2 Graphic Integrated
  • 32 GB eMMC good luck upgrading it but the only reason it has any responsiveness is its a ssd
    14" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768) old basic screen
  • 4 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
    theres a reason you only spent 180 on it

If your on older hardware like that, why use WIn10 anyway? Just stick with W7 x64 and enjoy Sub-1GB Memory usage on Boot.

It shouldn't have come with W10 ever....

There is an APP available for everything pretty much.. you don't need Win10 on that Laptop,... unless chasing DirectX-12 Gaming, which your laptop isn't,

Use Win7, Optimize it via some guides,.. it'll be PLENTY for Typical Office situation daily driver tasks, such as office/web/video works.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Windows 10 will work on 32gb drive, i've been there.

But after install you only have like 6-10 gb left that will be filled with windows updates.

Windows 10 only need 1ghz cpu to run, so a potato pc will not have problem.

Many "new" potato laptop do have 32 to 64gb "eMMC" unremoveable drive inside.

This pc is meant for browsing and office and that's it, aimed as a chromebook competitor.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

it u google the laptop's model number u'll see its a laptop from 2018... 

A laptop from 2018 that literally has a slower CPU than my laptop from 2009.

Just because it's cheap and is "Compatible with Windows 10", doesn't mean you'll get the best experience out of it.

You paid $180 in 2018, for 2008 specifications (except for maybe battery life)

Windows 10, as much as I hate it, isn't the issue in this case; it's the cheap and slow laptop you unfortunately bought. At least it works with Windows 7...?

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Windows 10 will work on 32gb drive, i've been there.

But after install you only have like 6-10 gb left that will be filled with windows updates.

Windows 10 only need 1ghz cpu to run, so a potato pc will not have problem.

Many "new" potato laptop do have 32 to 64gb "eMMC" unremoveable drive inside.

This pc is meant for browsing and office and that's it, aimed as a chromebook competitor.

this one u can put a HHD and more ram in. but if i cant get pass the setup with win10 im not going to do this. again u guys r missing the hole point of this post. its Win10 not the damn laptop. i know its a shit lvl laptop. i knew that going it. i just wanted something to watch anime and play simple VNs on. 

2 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

heres the box and the laptop itself (its run 7 right now) 1124180216.thumb.jpg.4141248c6f40b5c5c180cbac51ea0ef7.jpg

What OS does it came with?

If you can't get windows 10 in it, just bring the laptop to HP and have them install it for you.

If they cannot install it, you can blame them for printing windows 10 logo in the box.

Buy a cheap windows 10 OEM key for $10.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

what happened to os that was supposed to be already installed on it...it says it had win 10 home on it.....another issue you could be is your installing win 10 that they didnt put on it...hell it could be different and already have drivers and such set up for that notebook....if the drive was empty i bet thats a returned unit or refurbished unit

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06074695

3 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

this one u can put a HHD and more ram in. but if i cant get pass the setup with win10 im not going to do this. again u guys r missing the hole point of this post. its Win10 not the damn laptop. i know its a shit lvl laptop. i knew that going it. i just wanted something to watch anime and play simple VNs on. 

"My cheap laptop with specs from 2009 that barely passes Windows 10's system requirements won't run Windows 10 properly"

It IS the laptop. You wouldn't have any issues with setting up Windows 10 if the laptop had enough storage. Just because it says Windows 10 on the box and because HP decided to include Windows 10, doesn't mean it will be able to run properly. They've probably literally took an old motherboard design, slapped Windows 10 on it, and sold it to the masses to make a quick buck. Brand new Windows 10 laptop for $180? If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

drivers HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NOT GETING PASS THE GAD DAMN SETUP. i can get pass installing the OS but once i have to set it up it just loops. also heres the inside. 

1124180229.jpg

Do you format the 32gb drive with GPT or MBR partition table?

You should:
1. Create the windows installation in GPT (select GPT partition scheme in Rufus)

2. In bios activate UEFI boot option

3. Select GPT partition table in windows hdd format option.

4. Format the drive and install windows.

I'm guessing you installed a MBR drive with UEFI enabled bios, therefore it will reloop as the bootloader was not recognized.

man u guys dont know shit at all. I CANT GET PASS THIS SCREEN SINCE IT WILL LOOP ME BACK TO THE START EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIM. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

010-cuoobe.png.e5092a4887a0eab759289b4715babcb0.png

do u all now know what im talking about?

well since you cant read or understand what were saying. have fun with your 180 dollar notebook

1 minute ago, circeseye said:

well since you cant read or understand what were saying. have fun with your 180 dollar notebook

its ok your no help. 

1 minute ago, SirTankBall said:

man u guys dont know shit at all. I CANT GET PASS THIS SCREEN SINCE IT WILL LOOP ME BACK TO THE START EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIM. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

010-cuoobe.png.e5092a4887a0eab759289b4715babcb0.png

Turn off everything.

My sister have something similar to your potato, windows 10 no problem.

As i said before you can just go to HP and have them install it for you.

Is their responsibility for putting the logo.

4 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

-snip-

Been there, clean disk wipe work for me. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

drivers HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NOT GETING PASS THE GAD DAMN SETUP. i can get pass installing the OS but once i have to set it up it just loops. also heres the inside. 

1124180229.jpg

This is interesting, you pretty much can get a real SSD inside it with mini pci-e to m.2 or sata adapter.

And get a 1 stick 8gb ddr.

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Been there, clean disk wipe work for me. 

i know, tried it 20+ times. nothing worked. though 7 seems to work.