Has Ltt reviewed the $99 Linux pinebook?

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

it looks cool though. surprising what you can get when you don't have to build a system to support Windows. 

There are actually a lot of similar products you can buy from china, usually they are convertibles with an atom or core m cpu and many come with windows and/or android. In the end it's just an SBC with a screen, a battery and a keyboard. The nice thing about the pinebook seems to be the 1080p ips display.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

There are actually a lot of similar products you can buy from china, usually they are convertibles with an atom or core m cpu and many come with windows and/or android. In the end it's just an SBC with a screen, a battery and a keyboard. The nice thing about the pinebook seems to be the 1080p ips display.

really? an intel cpu won't be as efficient as this though. also, Windows on low end stuff (i have a tablet with an atom cpu, i speak from experience) is ? terrible. everything slows down when Windows does some crap. it's insane. i think a device like this will get a lot more positive of a review running Linux... 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

really? an intel cpu won't be as efficient as this though. also, Windows on low end stuff (i have a tablet with an atom cpu, i speak from experience) is ? terrible. everything slows down when Windows does some crap. it's insane. i think a device like this will get a lot more positive of a review running Linux... 

I tried one and, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. It had 4gb of ram though, whereas the pinebook only has 2. I'd still run Linux on something like this (I'd run Linux on pretty much anything either way) but... I guess it was acceptable.

Still, if I were in the market for a Linux laptop I'd grab this. Sure, it's twice the price, but it's on a completely different level - the keyboard is great, it has 4 times as much ram and the CPU is much faster. The only downside is the lower resolution screen. I have 3 of those and I'd gladly buy 3 more if I needed them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

41 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I tried one and, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. It had 4gb of ram though, whereas the pinebook only has 2. I'd still run Linux on something like this (I'd run Linux on pretty much anything either way) but... I guess it was acceptable.

Still, if I were in the market for a Linux laptop I'd grab this. Sure, it's twice the price, but it's on a completely different level - the keyboard is great, it has 4 times as much ram and the CPU is much faster. The only downside is the lower resolution screen. I have 3 of those and I'd gladly buy 3 more if I needed them.

yeah i love old business laptops. i have an EliteBook 9470M, and it's still awesome. i put an ssd and 16gb of ram in as well. it flies :) 

She/Her

2 hours ago, Sithon1 said:

I read this article and I wanted to see LTT's take on this product.

Forbes review

2 hours ago, ProRifts said:

No.

If the video wont make ltt money then he's better off just doing filler vids. The crazier the facial expression on the thumbnail vid, the more clickbaitedness the title = cha ching

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

If the video wont make ltt money then he's better off just doing filler vids. The crazier the facial expression on the thumbnail vid, the more clickbaitedness the title = cha ching

Yeah. No good reviewing something that nobody wants to see. Plus the editors would lose more time and productivity, that sort of thing. 

2 hours ago, 1kv said:

Yeah. No good reviewing something that nobody wants to see. Plus the editors would lose more time and productivity, that sort of thing. 

You got it.

Keywords "nobody wants to see"

Time on a vid nobody wants to see, is wasted money in wages while our L-man is thinking up his next facial expression for his next vid. I keep giving him idea's, hopefully well no scratch that..... I know he reads it ;)