Is it really that cold in North America?

thewhitestig

It's about 5°F in New York. Brrrrrr.

In a perfect world, I'd have my PC specs here. However, my PC specs are embarrassing, so I'd rather not.

News articles are constantly popping on the internet of how cold it is in North America. How bad is it really?

Meh. 

Water pipes are busting. People can't go to work. It's snowing. 

It's hell on earth (for Texas). 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Were you implying that ridiculous idea of climate change being a conspiracy theory? Cause if you were, you have no place in a tech forum where people are generally critical thinkers and scientifically literate. 

Uh huh. Please link me some stories about how it was really hot in DEATH VALLEY last year, which "proved Global Warming". I really enjoyed that "news piece" on CNN last year.

Sorry, but critical thinking goes out the window to accept this farce. Funny that you aren't railing against all the NSA stories that are on this forum every day huh? That scandal is "ok"?

Can you link us pictures of Al Gore's mansions? How about his annual power usage? No?

Being such a critical thinker and "scientific man", can you tell me who started the modern university system with Oxford and Paris U? Stephen Hawking is in the Pontifical Academy of Science and the Royal Astronomical Society if that helps...

You sure you want to continue this discussion? 

Now you go on believing that Ice caps that are in no way shrinking are healthier then ever,  and that are currently trapping "global warming researchers" in their icy grasp,  are going to turn the earth into "water world". For me to believe such garbage would require me to ignore empirical evidence, correlating evidence of guilty parties, studies that have been shown to be falsified and to accept hit jobs on character, and intelligence often seen in the public arena, to turn people away from the obvious. AKA posts like the one you made.  

Thanks for playing buddy.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

There has been a real lack of snow in Norway this winter

In all of Europe.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's about 4° (F) in Connecticut... so yeah, it's cold.

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

It's pretty cold in the morning in New Hampshire. For example, I had to go to a FIRST Robotics meeting to watch the kickoff and discuss plans. It was so cold that morning, that when I got out (about 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM was how long I was in there), it actually felt warmer (It went from 0°F to 22°F). So yes, it is as cold as they really say it is.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Uh huh. Please link me some stories about how it was really hot in DEATH VALLEY last year, which "proved Global Warming". I really enjoyed that "news piece" on CNN last year.

Sorry, but critical thinking goes out the window to accept this farce. Funny that you aren't railing against all the NSA stories that are on this forum every day huh? That scandal is "ok"?

Can you link us pictures of Al Gore's mansions? How about his annual power usage? No?

Being such a critical thinker and "scientific man", can you tell me who started the modern university system with Oxford and Paris U? Stephen Hawking is in the Pontifical Academy of Science and the Royal Astronomical Society if that helps...

You sure you want to continue this discussion? 

Now you go on believing that Ice caps that are in no way shrinking are healthier then ever,  and that are currently trapping "global warming researchers" in their icy grasp,  are going to turn the earth into "water world". For me to believe such garbage would require me to ignore empirical evidence, correlating evidence of guilty parties, studies that have been shown to be falsified and to accept hit jobs on character, and intelligence often seen in the public arena, to turn people away from the obvious. AKA posts like the one you made.  

Thanks for playing buddy.

I could care less about Al Gore and his mansions. Do you really think you intimidate me with "You sure you want to continue this discussion?". Sure bring it on. First however, you need to educate yourself about how science works, then how politics work. 

I'm only gonna point to you some simple facts:

1. 98% of the scientists agree that global warming is happening, and it's man made. There is no debate on that issue.

2. While some places might get colder, and some might get hotter, the overall temperature on earth has risen by 1 C. You might think it's not that big, but it's actually huge. 

3. The composition of Earth's atmosphere 100 years ago contained around 280 parts per million of carbon dioxide. Today it's 400. But surely man made actions cannot change climate, no matter how much we change the composition of our atmosphere right? 

4. This ridiculous idea of global warming being a hoax is only an American thing. All over the world, every single country acknowledges the fact that global warming is happening and is man made.

5. This goes to point 4 and has to do with money in politics. America is the only place on the earth where bribing politicians is legal by the form of campaign contributions. This is the single most important issue today, and it's ruining your country. So I'll expand a little bit on that one. The thing that happens is the following: the ultra rich and powerful give "campaign contributions" to certain politicians to play ball - vote on certain legislation, create loopholes etc. For example, this is why USA has the biggest prison population in the world. Not because you have that much more crime than other countries, it's because prisons have moved to the private sector, and the private sector being what it is (it involves the profit motive), it would be impossible for people to be treated fairly in a court of law, when certain interests are involved. Every incredibly stupid thing that happens in the american political system is because money in politics a.k.a legal bribery. So Oil and Gas interests have launched this huge disinformation campaign in USA because all of this global warming fear is hurting their business. 

And please man, educate yourself some science and stop watching these Alex Jones NWO bullshit.

EDIT: Also this is VERY important for you to check out. Do not ignore it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcNV4qiuKU4

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I could care less about Al Gore and his mansions. Do you really think you intimidate me with "You sure you want to continue this discussion?". Sure bring it on. First however, you need to educate yourself about how science works, then how politics work. 

I'm only gonna point to you some simple facts:

1. 98% of the scientists agree that global warming is happening, and it's man made. There is no debate on that issue.

2. While some places might get colder, and some might get hotter, the overall temperature on earth has risen by 1 C. You might think it's not that big, but it's actually huge. 

3. The composition of Earth's atmosphere 100 years ago contained around 280 parts per million of carbon dioxide. Today it's 400. But surely man made actions cannot change climate, no matter how much we change the composition of our atmosphere right? 

4. This ridiculous idea of global warming being a hoax is only an American thing. All over the world, every single country acknowledges the fact that global warming is happening and is man made.

5. This goes to point 4 and has to do with money in politics. America is the only place on the earth where bribing politicians is legal by the form of campaign contributions. This is the single most important issue today, and it's ruining your country. So I'll expand a little bit on that one. The thing that happens is the following: the ultra rich and powerful give "campaign contributions" to certain politicians to play ball - vote on certain legislation, create loopholes etc. For example, this is why USA has the biggest prison population in the world. Not because you have that much more crime than other countries, it's because prisons have moved to the private sector, and the private sector being what it is (it involves the profit motive), it would be impossible for people to be treated fairly in a court of law, when certain interests are involved. Every incredibly stupid thing that happens in the american political system is because money in politics a.k.a legal bribery. So Oil and Gas interests have launched this huge disinformation campaign in USA because all of this global warming fear is hurting their business. 

And please man, educate yourself some science and stop watching these Alex Jones NWO bullshit.

98 percent of scientists? One, that is not true and MANY scientists say global warming and climate change is a complete farce. They have LITTLE funding and receive limited if any media play.

Now as far as these "scientists". Do you refer to the same clowns who believe the shortest distance between two points in space isn't a straight line, because a guy who couldn't pass a college entrance exam proposed lunacy found in Kabbalah and esoteric texts, then left his wife and married his own cousin? We call that man Einstein, and he was accused of plagiarism by the likes of Nikola Tesla whom rejected what he called "metaphysics" long before Einstein proposed it. These "scientists" also ignore what Einstein said In 1920, lecturing at the University of Leiden, where he said that the ether had to exist.

Now go watch some Michio Koo Koo who hasn't invented jack and ignore Nikola Tesla who invented the modern world and said things like this in the NY Times. Obviously he didn't think Royal Astronomical Society false positives held any merit.

The theory of relativity, "is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king. Its exponents are very brilliant men, but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.” 

Our textbooks are a joke and sell us Edison and Marconi who started Vatican Radio with stolen patents from Tesla. Our modern university system was started by the Pope. Our preeminent "scientists" have only made a new religion out of old religions and put forth the same beliefs as FACT. They belong to the Pontifical Academy of Science and Royal Astronomical societies. The people selling climate change and global warming are making a KILLING financially. 

Here is a redo of the Michelson Morley experiment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0d7o8X2-E

Of course "critical thinkers" and "scientists" aren't interested in empiricism though. Now why don't you tell me all about how things like Alcubierre warp theory is possible and how it can even be considered "science". 

BTW funny how you mention "Alex Jones". Sorry Alex Jones didn't get the memo. All roads lead to Rome. Hawking obviously did, he is in the Pontifical Academy of Science and Royal Astronomical Society. All the maltese cross knights like Elizabeth in the Order of St John sure did. Wilhelm II who was a Knight of Malta and who led Germany in WW1 sure did. He also happened to be Queen Victoria's first grandson. House Windsor changed their name in WW1 from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. al-assad sure did. He is in several Matlese cross knighthoods like the Order of St. Francis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar_al-Assad

These are all things you can easily look up, that are absent from our history books. Biden is a knight of Malta. You can google a NY times article where it says that the Bush family is related to Queen Elizabeth.

Pictures of Hitler and cardinals are a google search away. Some things like Project Odessa make their way on the "his-story" channel, along with a-lie-n nonsense.

Have fun with the illusion. My college education was a joke. Learned to worship pedophiles like Plato, whom NAMBLA uses as a logo...

Anyone who has been in "higher math" knows that it shouldn't even be considered MATH. Nothing there is concrete or even real. You can't disagree with it though and who started the University system again? Oh yeah...Love that peer review. 

Have fun selling BS. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

It was -50F with the windchill yesterday here in Northern Indiana.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

67°F here in Arizona! (19.4°C)

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Listen buddy, I can care less about your ignorance. Seeing your absolute denial of science I have zero interest in discussing this topic any further. I have to wonder what the hell you're doing in a technology forum since you're so scientifically illiterate. I just want you to know that every time you use your GPS in your car or on your phone you are witnessing the theory of relativity in action. Clocks on satellites have to be adjusted to earth time, because as we know from what Einstein told us, time is not a constant and it advances in a different pace depending on your velocity in space and on the gravity. Have you ever heard that because of the gravitation pull, time in the mouth of a black hole advances really slow? Also every time you're using your smartphone, you are witnessing quantum physics. Anyways, I see that I can't change your mind on any of these stuff so I won't even try. So keep believing in conspiracy theories that don't make sense - your cold fusions, your Nikola Tesla perpetual motion machines, your Zecharia Sitchin's "the annunaki created us" or your David Icke and Alex Jones Illuminati NWO horse manure. It's fine by me. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I live in Connecticut so it isn't as bad as what my family in Minnesota or the rest of Canada has but it's still pretty cold at -15C

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Listen buddy, I can care less about your ignorance. Seeing your absolute denial of science I have zero interest in discussing this topic any further. I have to wonder what the hell you're doing in a technology forum since you're so scientifically illiterate. I just want you to know that every time you use your GPS in your car or on your phone you are witnessing the theory of relativity in action. Clocks on satellites have to be adjusted to earth time, because as we know from what Einstein told us, time is not a constant and it advances in a different pace depending on your velocity in space and on the gravity. Have you ever heard that because of the gravitation pull, time in the mouth of a black hole advances really slow? Also every time you're using your smartphone, you are witnessing quantum physics. Anyways, I see that I can't change your mind on any of these stuff so I won't even try. So keep believing in conspiracy theories that don't make sense - your cold fusions, your Nikola Tesla perpetual motion machines, your Zecharia Sitchin's "the annunaki created us" or your David Icke and Alex Jones Illuminati NWO horse manure. It's fine by me. 

I not taking park in the argument, I just wanted to say that E=mc^2 was disproved a few years ago...

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

It's in the mid, high 30s (F) to low 40s (F) here in Tampa, Florida. So if Florida's this cold, well, ya...

COMIC SANS

too cold for my blood and i was snowskiing in colorado the other week. so yes. colder in houston than my trip to breck in mid december.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

its 58f today but tomorrow its a nice 75f here in miami

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

I not taking park in the argument, I just wanted to say that E=mc^2 was disproved a few years ago...

Einstein's theory of relativity simply works. This is why it can't be disproven. As I said, every time you use your GPS, you're seeing it at work.

-37 F with windchill haven't had school for 3 days! 16 inches of snow. me and one neighbor had to clear our whole street, because its been 4 days since it started to snow, and still not plowed.  the snow drifts are so bad, its waist high in most places. yay Michigan 

We got to -30F where I live, which is not good cuz I'm used to 60+.  At least it keeps my GPU's nice and cool.

It's about 4° (F) in Connecticut... so yeah, it's cold.

Where do you live in this glorious state of ours.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

around -30*F with wind chill, and such were I live.. It's been colder though. (We hit -40*F at one point)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

just think that i live in central america ,and that i need to use a sweater to poop