gamers nightmare!!! the worst day of my life!!

Mohammed2935

hi

my name is Mohammed and i am from Kuwait, today is the worst day of my whole life. I dont have friends and i dont go out very often. My life is based of games and techs I have Nintendo Wii u, switch, ps3, ps4, ps4 pro and Xbox one x, all of them were placed on the floor because why not. I keep my consoles in the third floor. However, Kuwait had very heavy rain last night. I didn't know that i have the worst roof ever. I woke up today and saw water moveing through the stairs so I went upstairs and saw all my consoles wet ....... Now i am a complete no body haha.

all of them are wet so all of them broke right? Water is coming out from the inside of the systems.

there is a different when you buy things overtime and buying them again at once. it doesn't feel right.

3 minutes ago, Mohammed2935 said:

hi

my name is Mohammed and i am from Kuwait, today is the worst day of my whole life. I dont have friends and i dont go out very often. My life is based of games and techs I have Nintendo Wii u, switch, ps3, ps4, ps4 pro and Xbox one x, all of them were placed on the floor because why not. I keep my consoles in the third floor. However, Kuwait had very heavy rain last night. I didn't know that i have the worst roof ever. I woke up today and saw water moveing through the stairs so I went upstairs and saw all my consoles wet ....... Now i am a complete no body haha.

all of them are wet so all of them broke right? Water is coming out from the inside of the systems.

there is a different when you buy things overtime and buying them again at once. it doesn't feel right.

YOU COULD fix it, MAYBE. If you take them apart individually and soak them in isopropyl alcohol, then let them dry off completely the alcohol will help make the water evaporate faster.  Just make sure not to give them power, sometimes if you let the soak in the alcohol then you might be able to fix them.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

2 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

YOU COULD fix it, MAYBE. If you take them apart individually and soak them in isopropyl alcohol, then let them dry off completely the alcohol will help make the water evaporate faster.  Just make sure not to give them power, sometimes if you let the soak in the alcohol then you might be able to fix them.

Also the water is dirty and dusty haha. They were perfect systems. Nintendo switch is fine because I keep it in my room but the others are gone.

I don't want to play something and put one hand on the controller and the other hand on my heart haha like is it going to die now haha while playing games.

4 minutes ago, asus killer said:

gigantic bowl of rice

At least you can eat the rice, these are garbage now haha.

1 minute ago, Mohammed2935 said:

At least you can eat the rice, these are garbage now haha.

Not yet.

do not try to power on anything at the moment before drying them out completely! 

water damage is relatively harmless if they arent turn on. However you should act fast opening everyone of them and remove water before anything is oxidized.

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Not yet.

do not try to power on anything at the moment before drying them out completely! 

water damage is relatively harmless if they arent turn on. However you should act fast opening everyone of them and remove water before anything is oxidized.

I don't have the tools to open them, I never had to open any console before, only PC (of course). 

I might buy new ones and sell these. I don't like to play on used or opened systems.

I only buy used or opened system if I want to play backups on them haha.

Now my main and hacked systems are wet.

I don't have the tools to open them, I never had to open any console before, only PC (of course)

I might buy new ones and sell these. I don't like to play on used or opened systems.

are you just going to watch them die?  dont give up so fast

some have special screws like ps3 (5 stars & a hole...) eg it can be deal with rubber bands and small screw drivers.

at least use a hair dryer..........

6 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

are you just going to watch them die?  dont give up so fast

some have special screws like ps3 (5 stars & a hole...) eg it can be deal with rubber bands and small screw drivers.

at least use a hair dryer..........

Ok I might use the hair dryer method ....... Consoles salon haha.

43 minutes ago, Mohammed2935 said:

today is the worst day of my whole life

Well, I'm glad you've never had to endure anything worse...

to have any chance of saving them, keep them unplugged and your driest room for a couple of weeks. Open them up and disassemble them as much as possible to make it easier for them to dry. If you use a hair drier MAKE SURE IT'S ON THE COLD SETTING and don't put it too close to the open consoles - otherwise you might blow some parts off of the boards.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just make an insurance claim and buy new ones.

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Well, I'm glad you've never had to endure anything worse...

to have any chance of saving them, keep them unplugged and your driest room for a couple of weeks. Open them up and disassemble them as much as possible to make it easier for them to dry. If you use a hair drier MAKE SURE IT'S ON THE COLD SETTING and don't put it too close to the open consoles - otherwise you might blow some parts off of the boards.

OMG couple of weeks haha.

You know I might call a gaming store to pick up the consoles from my house ... But I don't feel good sending them out I am afraid of switching my consoles or steal some parts from console. 

I hope he won't chagre me too much.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

Just make an insurance claim and buy new ones.

This is Kuwait not Tokyo haha these are regular store not GameStop and pokemon center haha.

Just now, Mohammed2935 said:

This is Kuwait not Tokyo haha these are regular store not GameStop and pokemon center haha.

There just consoles. Home and contents will cover it. 

OMG couple of weeks haha.

Yes, it takes a while to be sure :P the last thing you want is to plug them in and try to run them when there's still water on the circuitry - that's the best way to fry them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Yes, it takes a while to be sure :P the last thing you want is to plug them in and try to run them when there's still water on the circuitry - that's the best way to fry them.

Yeah I won't turn them off this week and next week ..... Because we already planned to leave to Paris on 8/11 until 15/11 we paid for ticked and everything ..... I won't enjoy it .... 

3 hours ago, asus killer said:

gigantic bowl of rice

Don't, you'll just ruin them further. Rice doesn't work as well as just opening them and cleaned them out with alcohol.

If the consoles were powered OFF at the time, you may still be able to save them by opening them up and giving them an alcohol bath like @Ramamataz said, if the water was dirty, use a very soft toothbrush alongside the alcohol. Then wait for a while.. like a week, preferably with the PCBs set vertically to allow any standing water to get out...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Great News 

When I came back home after few day the systems dried and all of them are working fine. ps4 pro, xbox one x, shield tv, wii u and others. 

I remember the water coming out of the xbox one x swoooooosh, I let the water out of all system before traveling.

all of them are working fine, until now haha. 

i bless the rain falling on....kuWAIT!??? raining on desert...?

anywho, if you can manage to get hold of large amount of 95% alcohol you can use it to dry out the water. ethanol loves water it can grab water from the nooks and cranny and quickly evaporates away. you have to get most of the water out before ofc, preferably unscrew all the plastic panels, hang dry them in good ventilated area and avoid direct sunlight. after that submerge the pcb in ethanol in a shallow tray or tub for 30 seconds and hang dry.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

4 hours ago, zassou said:

i bless the rain falling on....kuWAIT!??? raining on desert...?

anywho, if you can manage to get hold of large amount of 95% alcohol you can use it to dry out the water. ethanol loves water it can grab water from the nooks and cranny and quickly evaporates away. you have to get most of the water out before ofc, preferably unscrew all the plastic panels, hang dry them in good ventilated area and avoid direct sunlight. after that submerge the pcb in ethanol in a shallow tray or tub for 30 seconds and hang dry.

OK zASSou.

On 11/6/2018 at 4:13 AM, Mohammed2935 said:

Store have no return policies over there?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Store have no return policies over there?

Maybe!!!

Ive recovered expensive phones, cameras, etc with large bowls or rice and patience.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case