LINUS PLEASE DO A VIDEO ON THIS !!!

blu3fan

I work for a cable company.

I had a 16gb iphone.

In one month it had uploaded 32gb of data to the cloud. WTF !?!!?!

I have complained to apple and they are aware and dont care.

I have never been so angry about apple clearly just not caring.

Icloud while its uploading will brick/Saturate any normal network to the point that it will not work.

Apple doesnt seem to care.

I have ditched the iphone due to this alone.

I talk to people on the daily who ask why their internet sucks. and its the f***ing iphone bricking it. so many times.....

Please do a video on this !

Show the masses this shit is unacceptable..

show apple something needs to change.

that is all.

#endrant

Yeah, I don't buy any part of this. Apple surely would have told you to just turn off iCloud backup. One toggle switch solves the "problem".

Oh, and iCloud, by default, is only 5GB -- you have to pay for more, so it can't back up more than that and it will just say it can't do a backup due to insufficient space.

So, this sounds entirely like a YOU problem that's not actually a problem.

Image result for one more thing jackie chan

iCloud only backs up by default on WiFi. So unless your internet is beyond garbage, this also isn't a problem. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Data monitoring through a router is not false. 32gb up. is 32gb up.

79WJD I dont think you have any clue what your talking about.

1 minute ago, blu3fan said:

I didn't say the issue was the router....It was the thing looking at the router. 

I know exactly what I'm talking about. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

so. The fact that I talk to at least one person a week with the same issue. is a Me problem huh. ?

2 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

I didn't say the issue was the router....It was the thing looking at the router. 

I know exactly what I'm talking about. 

1 minute ago, blu3fan said:

so. The fact that I talk to at least one person a week with the same issue. is a Me problem huh. ?

Fight, fight, fight!xD

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

1 minute ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Fight, fight, fight!xD

I would never fight an unarmed individual.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

^not a fight. Re-iteration of statement for clarification purposes.

Perhaps some people live in larger cities where the infrastructure is better and can provide better upload speeds and 54mb/s isnt gonna brick/saturate them.

Well first off, I don't think you understand what the meaning of "brick my device is." Second you are talking about this being on a home network? I mean honestly your internet performance might suffer, but that could be more because you don't have a MIMO router so running in half duplex with multiple items on your network all of them dropping your throughput by half and then also increasing the time before your device can communicate (it goes round robin) means this is a setup for failure.

Now I know the above might not be your setup, but my point is that blaming the phone first without doing any problem solving or research makes for a less than convincing argument. If you want us to take this seriously then tell us what you have DONE to narrow it down to being a problem with your phone.

This post was to state there is an issue with Icloud for normal consumers.

Not for people who are actually intelligent and can fix their own problems.

This is like fighting off the troll patrol on this forum jeez...

do I need my anti bridge spray ?

I fixed my problem by getting rid of that apple trash.

2 minutes ago, blu3fan said:

This post was to state there is an issue with Icloud for normal consumers.

Not for people who are actually intelligent and can fix their own problems.

This is like fighting off the troll patrol on this forum jeez...

do I need my anti bridge spray ?

There isn't a problem though. 

If you enable it, then it backs up your phone. If you disable it, then it doesn't. Very simple. If you don't have access to fast enough internet to do a backup without consuming all the network's resources, then that is your fault for enabling iCloud backup -- not Apple's for giving you the option to back up your phone.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phone controls you !! not the opposite

this is the problem with every single product of apple, 

1 minute ago, 79wjd said:

There isn't a problem though. 

If you enable it, then it backs up your phone. If you disable it, then it doesn't. Very simple. If you don't have access to fast enough internet to do a backup without consuming all the network's resources, then that is your fault for enabling iCloud backup -- not Apple's for giving you the option to back up your phone.

that seems nice. however.

if you disable it. The phone will give you popups day and night informing the user that its turned off.
apple does not like their consumers to disable things.

3 minutes ago, blu3fan said:

if you disable it. The phone will give you popups day and night informing the user that its turned off.

Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Off

Done, it no longer backs up to iCloud and no longer prompts you about it either.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, 79wjd said:

Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Off

Done, it no longer backs up to iCloud and no longer prompts you about it either.

Not true.

Or at least not true on the generation I owned.

For a week I battled with popups asking me to turn it back on.

Tried everything to disable them to no avail.

Like I said. Its a problem. I feel like someone here is an apple fan.

LOL

6 minutes ago, blu3fan said:

Not true.

LOL

Popups like the one thats forever on your notifications? If it is, then I don’t see why one wouldn’t be able to ignore it. If not then I have no idea what popups you’re talking about

34 minutes ago, blu3fan said:

In one month it had uploaded 32gb of data to the cloud. WTF !?!!?!

iPhones upload other things than just data to back it up. Every text message, especially videos and pictures go through WiFi on Apple phones if enabled in iMessage (great feature by the way). Also, your location is being uploaded as well as any requests your phone makes to connect to the internet, such as things as simple as searching up something in Safari. Go to settings and under WiFi data usage it should tell you what apps use what data, at least Android does that I know of on my Note 9.

10 minutes ago, blu3fan said:

The classic "oh wait a minute, I may be wrong but I don't want to admit it" phrase.

12 minutes ago, blu3fan said:

I feel like someone here is an apple fan.

Most people here know that Apple does bad things but also I would hopefully think that they can see the innovations they have made. Such as iMessage. That's about the only thing I miss from Apple. They also have more powerful processors, but then they do throttle them after the battery degrades, so yeah. Apple has pros and cons, just like any other company. Personally, I love my Note 9 and will never switch back.

21 minutes ago, blu3fan said:

I have Iclood turned off, I Don't get an pop ups. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

1 minute ago, Judd said:

iPhones upload other things than just data to back it up. Every text message, especially videos and pictures go through WiFi on Apple phones if enabled in iMessage (great feature by the way). Also, your location is being uploaded as well as any requests your phone makes to connect to the internet, such as things as simple as searching up something in Safari. Go to settings and under WiFi data usage it should tell you what apps use what data, at least Android does that I know of on my Note 9.

The classic "oh wait a minute, I may be wrong but I don't want to admit it" phrase.

Most people here know that Apple does bad things but also I would hopefully think that they can see the innovations they have made. Such as iMessage. That's about the only thing I miss from Apple. They also have more powerful processors, but then they do throttle them after the battery degrades, so yeah. Apple has pros and cons, just like any other company. Personally, I love my Note 9 and will never switch back.

+1 on the Note 9

My wife is an Apple zombie and I can agree with OP... iCloud kills my network, and I have a 500/50 connection.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, Purgent said:

My wife is an Apple zombie and I can agree with OP... iCloud kills my network, and I have a 500/50 connection.

If you are comfortable with messing with router settings, you can try setting up an upstream QoS configuration and prioritize cloud at a very low setting to ensure other devices get better connections. Also backing it up to a laptop or desktop through iTunes is my preferred way with Apple devices, since it's easier to retrieve, faster backups, and faster restores when actually using the backup. Hope this helps.

Turn of syncing when you are on mobile connection, problem solved? Or just don't buy Apple? I mean I rarely have wifi on on my phone (because unlimited 4G as part of my plan) and I use maybe 8gigs per month. Mainly watching/listening Youtube. Last month I used 1gb for syncing stuff to Google combined.

So, question is have you tried to turn syncing off and has that got any effect or not? If it clears you problem, then its nothing to be making fuss about. Just normal operation (I bet you even have tick box for saying that it will only sync iCloud on Wifi). If it does nothing, then it would be place to make video. But I still highly doubt LTT or even TL would cover it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/5/2018 at 8:57 PM, 79wjd said:

I would never fight an unarmed individual.

Dammnnn!!!!! I might steal that one.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, blu3fan said:

Not true.

LOL

It gets even worse on the Netgear forums. You suggest something may be amiss, and you would think from the reaction, that you just said something about someone's mother. LOL!

On 11/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, blu3fan said:

How can you monitor mobile data through a router ??