Best tripod for video production on a budget?

Go to solution Solved by Hans Christian | Teri,

There are a lot of good offerings on the market, but I honestly think you should scrape some more money together so you only have to buy a tripod once. I have two, a Velbon and a Manfrotto both on the good side of 20 years old and they're both still rock solid and always dependable. I'd say the Manfrotto to buy these days is the Manfrotto 458B Neotec, but it is on the expensive side. Just look at it as a long term investment.

I've got around 75$ to spend on a new tripod for my dslr.  I mostly do video up on a desk with me sitting behind it.  Any suggestions on what I should buy?

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

There are a lot of good offerings on the market, but I honestly think you should scrape some more money together so you only have to buy a tripod once. I have two, a Velbon and a Manfrotto both on the good side of 20 years old and they're both still rock solid and always dependable. I'd say the Manfrotto to buy these days is the Manfrotto 458B Neotec, but it is on the expensive side. Just look at it as a long term investment.

Wow $450 for a tripod!?

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

I just got a $40 Dynex Tripod, and it works VERY well. Everything you could really want except for some super-smooth X-panning.