A gaming-Centered Budget list

Kwispee

Could you guys critique me on this list? I tried to use the best GPU I could for the price point, what do yall think, also I used the 7th gen i3 because It had hyperthreading, So do the new Pentium gold processors but they run on a newer chipset and were way more expensive

I realize now that i could've used the hyper 212 evo so just replace that and subtract 5 from the price

The 2200G has 4 real cores and includes a good enough cooler free

Your build has only 500GB of storage and no SSD

The RX 580 is a good bit faster than the 10603GB

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

10 minutes ago, Kwispee said:

I realize now that i could've used the hyper 212 evo so just replace that and subtract 5 from the price

Don't get an i3 unless it's the 8th gen. There is no reason to pay 120 bucks for a dual core cpu. The 2200g is much better than that i3 and costs less and I do mean much better. 

Just now, Kwispee said:

Youre not including a cooler

Cooler is included with the 2200G 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

If you wanted to keep it closer to what you had. The cooler that is included with the 2200g is good enough and you get a 240gb ssd for a boot drive. 

14 minutes ago, Kwispee said:

Hyper 212 is pain in the ass to install, one of the hardest.

get a nh-u12s i know, its over kill and much more expensive.

it will last for ages, and noctua will send you a installation kit for any socket free of charge so if upgrade you can keep and nh-u12s can handle a lot of heat :D

I may be wrong.

I would advise agains the 200g for three reasons:

1)  It has a pasted IHS as opposed to the soldered IHS that the rest of Ryzens have.

2)  It comes with a much smaller cooler than the rest of the Ryzens

3)  You can get a better deal.  It says 2200g, but its actually a zen 1 with an iGPU. (14nm)

At MicroCenter, a 2600, a legitimate zen+ (12nm), can be had for $149, and then they will give you a $30 discount on a compatible motherboard.  That would bring the monstrous 2600 (6c/12t) down to the price of your original 7100 (2c/4t).  The extra cores and thread will allow you to have Discord, Youtube, iTunes, and whatever the hell else you want running in the background without coming anywhere near touching the performance of your games.  The 2600 also has way more OC headroom than the 2200g.

EDIT:  The 2600 would also allow you to '86 the aftermarket cooler.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

1 minute ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

1)  It has a pasted IHS as opposed to the soldered IHS that the rest of Ryzens have.

3)  You can get a better deal.  It says 2200g, but its actually a zen 1 with an iGPU. (14nm)

At MicroCenter, a 2600, a legitimate zen+ (12nm), can be had for $149, and then they will give you a $30 discount on a compatible motherboard.  That would bring the monstrous 2600 (6c/12t) down to the price of your original 7100 (2c/4t).  The extra cores and thread will allow you to have Discord, Youtube, iTunes, and whatever the hell else you want running in the background without coming anywhere near touching the performance of your games.  The 2600 also has way more OC headroom than the 2200g.

Highly agree!

get the nh-u12s with it.

oc!

I may be wrong.

Oh my. I think you've already seen the error in your ways, but a dual core CPU with hyperthreading over a 4 core CPU doesn't make any sense...

If you're going budget, go for something like the G4560 (or whatever its replacement was).

The RX570 and RX580 is what I'd look for in your price bracket.

14 minutes ago, Kwispee said:

You can use the included one...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

EDIT:  The 2600 would also allow you to '86 the aftermarket cooler.

You also want to buy a nicer b450 board if you go with a 2600 vs you can buy whatever b450 with the 2200g. Obviously if you can afford the 2600 you should get it but that isn't always the case. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

You also want to buy a nicer b450 board if you go with a 2600 vs you can buy whatever b450 with the 2200g. Obviously if you can afford the 2600 you should get it but that isn't always the case. 

I'm running one on an ASRock b350m Pro4 (Ryzen 2 ready out of the box).  Literally no issues.  It reaches 4.2 just fine.  That board was $50

7 minutes ago, Altruist said:

Highly agree!

get the nh-u12s with it.

oc!

On a budget build it makes no sense to buy an expensive aftermarket cooler when the stock one is perfectly adiquite. 

Just now, Queen Chrysalis said:

I'm running one on an ASRock b350 Pro4 (Ryzen 2 ready out of the box).  Literally no issues.  It reaches 4.2 just fine.  

I just said you would have to buy a better b450 board and the pro4 fits that category. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

I just said you would have to buy a better b450 board and the pro4 fits that category. 

The 350 is fine.  450 is mainly just a namesake upgrade.  How much cheaper would you want to go anyway?  When your already spending ~$550, another 20 bucks on a trusted board shouldn't be a second thought.

2 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

The 350 is fine.  450 is mainly just a namesake upgrade.  How much cheaper would you want to go anyway?  When your already spending ~$550, another 20 bucks on a trusted board shouldn't be a second thought.

You would be spending 80 more bucks though. 20 more for the board and 60 more for the cpu. Also getting a b450 isn't a namesake upgrade. It's a board that is guaranteed bios compatibility where as the b350 would be hit or miss.