What should I put in the empty space of my case?

markopolomp

So I have a Phantek P400 Case, which is an ATX case. It has room to put reservoir for a water cooling set up, but I don't have the money or time to buy and setup water cooling for my system. So naturally, I have a huge open area inside my case. The case comes with an LED strip that has 12 (I think) different colors settings. So my question to you guys: What should I put in the empty space of my case? What do you think would look good? Some sort of lamp or LED thing, a fake reservoir that utilizes LEDs, a fancy way to do cable management... I wanna hear your imaginations, see what products you're thinking of, and maybe see what you have set up.

Graphic Design + Gaming Machine:

CPU: i7-8700 GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM CASE: Phantek P400 Tempered Glass

Nothing. Less you have, the better the airflow is. But if you really want something there, why not try setting up an internal display monitor of some sort? 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

would having a speaker pod in the case sound terrible ?

Not only would it sound terrible, it would look terrible.

Why do you want to put anything you don't really need in the empty space? Doing so would just make it look junky and, as Airdragonz pointed out, it would impede airflow. Less is more, both in function and appearance. Also, the less you have in the case, the easier it will be to work in.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

i would put nothing in there, no need to spend money to fill the space when you already lack the money to fill it with the water cooling gear.

30 minutes ago, markopolomp said:

So I have a Phantek P400 Case, which is an ATX case. It has room to put reservoir for a water cooling set up, but I don't have the money or time to buy and setup water cooling for my system. So naturally, I have a huge open area inside my case. The case comes with an LED strip that has 12 (I think) different colors settings. So my question to you guys: What should I put in the empty space of my case? What do you think would look good? Some sort of lamp or LED thing, a fake reservoir that utilizes LEDs, a fancy way to do cable management... I wanna hear your imaginations, see what products you're thinking of, and maybe see what you have set up.

A small figurine that fits your case, if you have a black and white theme add a stormtrooper or some other nerd stuff to show how nerdy you are xD

I don't think that you'll be looking at your case after a while and just press the power button and be done with it.

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

See if you can fit a Mini-ITX build there

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

30 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

would having a speaker pod in the case sound terrible ?

Yes. Plus all the EMI from what would likely be a poorly shielded plastic clad speaker.

54 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

i would put nothing in there, no need to spend money to fill the space when you already lack the money to fill it with the water cooling gear.

It's not that I lack the money, it's that I have higher priorities than spending $200+ on a water cooling solution when my cooler works fine for now. Cuz if I go water cooling, I'm going full custom build. I'm just looking for a cheap and fun thing to do

CPU: i7-8700 GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM CASE: Phantek P400 Tempered Glass

1 hour ago, Airdragonz said:

Nothing. Less you have, the better the airflow is. But if you really want something there, why not try setting up an internal display monitor of some sort? 

This sounds kinda fun. I actually have a Raspberry Pi 3 laying around somewhere, so I could actually make an interactive thing with it or whatever

Put nothing in there. Keep it free for a future custom water loop, if that's what you're into.

On a related note, that's one of the reason I prefer having hard disk racks there. It just looks so much more awesome and techy to see a tall stack of harddisks in there. :)

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.