CyberPowerPC Steam Machine will compete with consoles at $499

Gunzkewl

Starting at just $499, the new CyberPowerPC Steam Machine A will come with a 3.9GHz AMD A6-6400K processor and AMD Radeon R9 270 discrete graphics, 8GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive in a new custom case, and come complete with a Steam Controller and SteamOS when it ships in the second half of 2014. It won't be able to run all your Windows games, of course, but Valve is promsing to announce a raft of content for the Linux-based SteamOS operating system over the course of the year including triple-A games.

CyberPowerPC will also offer a second configuration, the Steam Machine I, for $699. It comes with a 3.5GHz Intel Core i3-4330 processor, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 video card, and faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi compared to standard 802.11 Wi-Fi in the other config.

cyberpowerpc_steam.jpg

source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5280256/cyberpowerpc-steam-machine-will-compete-with-consoles-at-499

Why dont these companies try and force AMD to rebadge the 7870 xt, it had a cheaper retail price and is more powerful, right now its basically the same price as the r9 270.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Already saw it. Really good specs for the price and form factor. I'm more interested in this kind of Steam machines than the $1000 ridiculous Pixxl or something and the Digital Storm one that isn't even a Steam Machine.

Theres a spec table here (can't post here because the formatting messes up):http://www.legitreviews.com/cyberpowerpc-debuts-steam-os-powered-gaming-system-ces_132522

The specs are not bad for gaming but the case is what looks really cool imo with the lighting. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Why dont these companies try and force AMD to rebadge the 7870 xt, it had a cheaper retail price and is more powerful, right now its basically the same price as the r9 270.

Because AMD wants to promote the "newer" line of GPU's

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Because AMD wants to promote the "newer" line of GPU's

The newer line, you mean like the 10,000 rebadges. Suuuure, damn shareholders are retards.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Finally something at a price that maybe the average consumer care about.

Signatures are stupid.

That's good for the price, I kind of want to see a downfall of consoles, more PCs and Steamboxes (except for the people who scream down mics, they can stay on consol!)

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

Theres a spec table here (can't post here because the formatting messes up):http://www.legitreviews.com/cyberpowerpc-debuts-steam-os-powered-gaming-system-ces_132522

The specs are not bad for gaming but the case is what looks really cool imo with the lighting. 

Please.

Please.

Please.

If you copy something from another website, use Ctrl + Shift + V or right click and click "Paste as plain text" to paste it. Otherwise it carries the font color with it and Dark Theme does not change it to white.

So we have black font on a very dark grey theme. 

The newer line, you mean like the 10,000 rebadges. Suuuure, damn shareholders are retards.

Shareholders don't care if the company is actually innovating. They care if the company is making money. Rebadges or not. :|

(I know because I am/was one.)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Please.

Please.

Please.

If you copy something from another website, use Ctrl + Shift + V or right click and click "Paste as plain text" to paste it. Otherwise it carries the font color with it and Dark Theme does not change it to white.

Shareholders don't care if the company is actually innovating. They care if the company is making money. Rebadges or not. :|

good now?

good now?

Yes, thank you.

Just trying to spread the info, because it gets overlooked sometimes.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Very nice

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Oh well...AMD is a company and it will do whatever is better for them. Actually I ain't even mad because I want AMD to make lot's of profit and get back at making better products.

Though you are correct about the fact that the supposed "new" line of GPU's from AMD is rebrand of the 7000 series which in itself is a disappointment.

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Please.

Please.

Please.

Thanks for the tip! :) Fixed it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why the APU if they're going to be using the R9 270? Wouldn't one of the Richland-based Athlon CPUs be a little cheaper?