Microsoft sold 3 million Xbox Ones in 2013

Gunzkewl

In December 11th Microsoft announced that it had sold more than two million Xbox Ones, and it only took until the end of the month for that number to jump to three million. According to the company, it managed to reach that sales milestone by the end of 2013, and that includes sales from all 13 of its launch markets. "Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong," Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi says.

Sony, meanwhile, had previously been selling PlayStation 4s at roughly the same pace as its main competitor — it took the PS4 16 days to reach 2.1 million units sold, whereas the Xbox One reached a similar milestone in 18 days. Sony hasn't revealed sales info since then, but there's a good chance we'll hear that three million PS4s were sold sometime soon.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5280162/microsoft-sold-three-million-xbox-ones-in-2013

That's surprisingly good 0.o

Oh no 13 million people lost to the console beast.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

it'd be interesting to see how many ps4 did in relation. 3 million doesnt seem all that much to be really. considering uk, amerca, europe etc.

would've expected more given its just been xmas holidays

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

well considering how many people are in the world 7ish billion that's 1 per every 233 people

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

it'd be interesting to see how many ps4 did in relation. 3 million doesnt seem all that much to be really. considering uk, amerca, europe etc.

Yeah they do seem a little low to be honest. I wonder if PS4 did better.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

A friend of mine is still waiting his order to come, he ordered the 25th and he can expect the console to arrive in February, whilst I'm here, playing in full HD 60FPS on my computer... Ahhhhh noobs.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

A friend of mine is still waiting his order to come, he ordered the 25th and he can expect the console to arrive in February, whilst I'm here, playing in full HD 60FPS on my computer... Ahhhhh noobs.

YEEESSS my friend pc gaming all the way!! you will never get 60 fps on a console in full HD

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Considering it had all of a month and a half to sell that many it is very good. Both the PS4 and XB1 have sold more units in the launch window than any other console. Given the way PS4 sales have been going there were at LEAST 6 million consoles sold between the two of them in under two months. To put that in perspective: The WiiU's lifetime sales are just over 4 million. Both of them could easily surpass the WiiU by the end of March if they keep selling at a steady pace and with Titanfall, inFamous: Second Son, and most likely Watch Dogs releasing in March sales of those consoles will jump.

3 million units (1 unit per person) is only ~0.042% of the world population.

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

The fact is it won't really matter comparing the numbers until both PS4 and XBox One can be found by walking into an electronics store...otherwise it is just about which company can make the devices quick enough

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

How much did you pay for your computer?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Still not available in most parts of he world, including half of europe (wth microsoft)

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I believe that Sony did better, just because they were able to produce more PS4's.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

YEEESSS my friend pc gaming all the way!! you will never get 60 fps on a console in full HD

yes it will, 10 years from consoles will have 60fps 1080p....while us pc masterrace will be at 120fps 4k and oculus rift :DD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well Xbox wasn't released in a big part of Europe which will have made a big difference, a lot people wanted to buy a console for Christmas and if you can't buy your XBone then you can only buy a PS4, so the PS4 gets more and the Xbox gets less...

3 million is still a lot, but PS4 will have sold more

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Now think those 3 million people could realize their mistake and join the GLORIOUS PC MASTERACE

Console gamers, behind PC gamers by ten years since 2000