Valve Already Has A Dozen Steam Machine Partners

PillowSmoke

steammachines837ibuypower.jpg

Valve's Steam Machines initiative is supported by a first-party box that 300 beta users have right now, but 2014 is all about third-party Steam Machines taking that reference box and running with it. Thus far, the only third party we know of that's making a Steam Machine is iBuyPower (pictured above) -- today, that all changes. Alienware, Falcon Northwest, iBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, Origin PC, Gigabyte, Materiel.net, Webhallen, Alternate, Next, Zotac and Scan Computers are among the first companies signed on to support Valve's initiative, Engadget learned this afternoon.

The entire lineup will be on display this week at CES 2014, and we'll have many more details in the coming days. Beyond the dozen companies above, it's totally possible that there are other third parties signed on for Steam Machines -- we'll have to wait and see when Valve unveils everything at its press conference tomorrow afternoon.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Valve's Steam Machines initiative is supported by a first-party box that 300 beta users have right now, but 2014 is all about third-party Steam Machines taking that reference box and running with it. Thus far, the only third party we know of that's making a Steam Machine is iBuyPower (pictured above) -- today, that all changes. Alienware, Falcon Northwest, iBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, Origin PC, Gigabyte, Materiel.net, Webhallen, Alternate, Next, Zotac and Scan Computers are among the first companies signed on to support Valve's initiative, Engadget learned this afternoon.

The entire lineup will be on display this week at CES 2014, and we'll have many more details in the coming days. Beyond the dozen companies above, it's totally possible that there are other third parties signed on for Steam Machines -- we'll have to wait and see when Valve unveils everything at its press conference tomorrow afternoon.

Next? Interesting to see a home and fashion retailer trying to enter the pc market. That or neXT Computers are resurrecting themselves for the Steambox.   

Zotac Steam Machine #EwwwwwwwNo

You say that about Zotac and not Alienware?

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

As much as I dislike alienware, I kinda of wanna see what they do with the steam machine. Hopefully they don't disappoint me.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I'm hoping that the steam machines lead to more low-profile cases on the market that look like they belong in a living room.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Can't wait to see what Scan does with the steam machine with their 3xs team.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

As much as I dislike alienware, I kinda of wanna see what they do with the steam machine. Hopefully they don't disappoint me.

x51 rebrand i am sure of it.

also digital storm i thought was building a steam machine

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

They'll probably just take the existing X51, slap Steam OS on it, and call it a day. They might even replace their Ubuntu X51s with that.

The only prebuilder I think I could recommend on that list is Falcon Northwest, and maybe Origin PC. I wonder if Puget Systems will release a Steam Machine.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I'm hoping that the steam machines lead to more low-profile cases on the market that look like they belong in a living room.

That's already happening my friend! And i like it a lot! Looking foward to a Silversone Raven RVZ01 for building a sort of steam machine/media computer for my living room!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

I don't see the benefit of a Steam Machine, unless they can build it more cheaply than I can....and perhaps it will be more energy/heat efficient as well.

So what does it mean if a 3rd party has signed up for this? As I understand it even I can start building PCs, installing steamOS on them and selling them? So what does the partnership actually entail? Do only these vendors get the steam controller (unlikely), do they get additional support from valve or do they get rights to use the logo?

I don't see the benefit of a Steam Machine, unless they can build it more cheaply than I can....

This is not for us, we already know how to build PCs. This initiative is an attempt to start selling gaming PCs to console gamers who don't know / not interested in building and the R&D that goes with it.

This is not for us, we already know how to build PCs. This initiative is an attempt to start selling gaming PCs to console gamers who don't know / not interested in building and the R&D that goes with it.

I'd love to have one. Or build one myself in that Silverstone Raven m-ITX case that Linus unboxed one and a half week ago.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

You say that about Zotac and not Alienware?

Well Alienwae's PCs work.

Quote me to get a reply!

Alienware, let the hate begin.

Don't you mean Plasticware?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

There is nothing wrong with Alienware. I paid $100 than an equivalent Sager. Worth it for the build quality and aesthetics

Just needed to get the last word in.

Speaking of which, though, I bet there's going to be companies trying to sell us Steambooks. Oh boy.

I don't see the benefit of a Steam Machine, unless they can build it more cheaply than I can....and perhaps it will be more energy/heat efficient as well.

than it is not for you, as simple as that.

Yay for Scan, there guys down at 3XS make beautiful machines.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum