NEED HELP! New driver crashes my computer?

Just built my pc today, got everything working and booted. Was installing new gpu drivers (980ti) and my conputer froze and crash. Now whenever I boot up, it works for about 30 seconds, then the screen starts to pixelate and change colors. I need help trying to figure out what is wrong with my build, I think its the gpu because its the only thing that was not bought new. PLZ help me

Boot into safemode with networking, install Display Driver Uninstaller (google it) and uninstall the current driver and reboot.

Once the reboot finishes it should boot normally and you can then go install the next most recent driver and try that.

If it's pixelating and changing colors though it sounds like the GPU itself is bad, hopefully it just really is a driver issue.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Boot into safemode with networking, install Display Driver Uninstaller (google it) and uninstall the current driver and reboot.

Once the reboot finishes it should boot normally and you can then go install the next most recent driver and try that.

If it's pixelating and changing colors though it sounds like the GPU itself is bad, hopefully it just really is a driver issue.

Thank for your input, I will tell you if it is successful

Just now, Mortx11 said:

Thank for your input, I will tell you if it is successful

Please do!

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Please do!

Card keeps crashing before I can boot into safe mode

4 minutes ago, Mortx11 said:

Card keeps crashing before I can boot into safe mode

You can force it to enter the troubleshooting mode by forcing the boot to fail 3 times and then it'll prompt you the 4th time.

While it's booting just press the reset button or hold the power button down until it shuts off and then repeat that two more times and then let it boot normally.

nmy 2indows didn't download all the way so I couldnt open safe mode

Just now, Mortx11 said:

nmy 2indows didn't download all the way so I couldnt open safe mode

What do you mean? Are you talking about it booting?

Just now, imreloadin said:

What do you mean? Are you talking about it booting?

It would not allow me to boot into Windows because I had tried to do a system reset. I am currently on the advanced options troubleshoot screen after 3 failed boots

1 minute ago, Mortx11 said:

It would not allow me to boot into Windows because I had tried to do a system reset. I am currently on the advanced options troubleshoot screen after 3 failed boots

Ok, did the system reset fail then?

Just now, imreloadin said:

Ok, did the system reset fail then?

Yes, crashed before it finished

3 minutes ago, Mortx11 said:

Yes, crashed before it finished

What are the specs on the rest of your system?

Probably going to have to go into the bios and default to the iGPU if your CPU has one.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

What are the specs on the rest of your system?

Probably going to have to go into the bios and default to the iGPU if your CPU has one.

Ryzen 7 2700x

2x8 gskill aegis 3000mHz

Asus rog b450f

Corsair cx650 bronze

43 minutes ago, Mortx11 said:

Ryzen 7 2700x

2x8 gskill aegis 3000mHz

Asus rog b450f

Corsair cx650 bronze

Ah, the Ryzen series doesn't have an integrated GPU...Do you happen to have another GPU to test with?

At this point it might be best to boot from your windows install media and just reinstall Windows.

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

Ah, the Ryzen series doesn't have an integrated GPU...Do you happen to have another GPU to test with?

At this point it might be best to boot from your windows install media and just reinstall Windows.

My friends have some I can use, and I am going to try to reinstall tomorrow

29 minutes ago, Mortx11 said:

My friends have some I can use, and I am going to try to reinstall tomorrow

Ok, sounds good. Since you just built it there shouldn't be any valuable data on there that you need to worry about saving and can just re-install it over the broken version. If it keeps crashing on a new install of Windows then unfortunately your card is dead :(

Didcha get the GSOD (Green Screen of Death)? I had a ghastly experience when I was swapping out my 2x GTX Titan 6GB for an RX VEGA 64. GSOD's repeatedly and I was at my wit's end, when it occurred to me that I had MSI AB installed and profiled to my GTX Titans, so when I barely made it to desktop, I pressed and held on to 'Shift' key and restarted my system before it crashed again. Booted in 'Sfae Mode' and uninstalled MSI AB, and ran DDU to clean out my previous install (I had run DDU previously before removing the Titans, stuck in the VEGA 64 and rebooted without issue, only after installing the latest Radeon Adrenalin driver did it crash after reboot).

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

10 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Ok, sounds good. Since you just built it there shouldn't be any valuable data on there that you need to worry about saving and can just re-install it over the broken version. If it keeps crashing on a new install of Windows then unfortunately your card is dead :(

It has been running fine, I am going to install the previous driver and see if it works

1 hour ago, Mortx11 said:

It has been running fine, I am going to install the previous driver and see if it works

Nice! That's what I was hoping would be the case, really dodged a bullet there xD

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Nice! That's what I was hoping would be the case, really dodged a bullet there xD

Lmap, driver downloaded and the card instantly crashes, trying to get a refund now.

3 hours ago, Mortx11 said:

Lmap, driver downloaded and the card instantly crashes, trying to get a refund now.

You're sure you're downloading the right driver for it?