What ISP Should I Choose?

Hubriz

Hello all,

Once again, I come to you for questions because you're all just so damn reliable and knowledgeable.  I know this is probably a silly question, but can you guys suggest me a rock-solid ISP?  I live in Nashville, TN.  All I need the internets for is to be able to:

1) Online game (of course)

2) Download online games

3) Watch Twitch/YouTube/Netflix

I use approximately 3 devices at any given time, e.g., desktop, phone, and TV(s).  I would like something with "fast" download/upload speeds, albeit not sure what those would be.  I'm used to 45 Mbps (download) and 8ish Mbps (upload), and let me tell you, it is atrocious for downloading games online.  Not sure why bc I thought these speeds were fairly viable.  Do you think 100 Mbps (download) would be overkill for one person?  Also, want to keep my plan either at or below $80/mo.

Hit me with some suggestions please.  Thanks in advance ;D

Just look at the Mbps and bandwidth.

I have Charter Spectrum down here in the south and I get

200Mbps download, I forgot upload :(

bandwidth to support as many devices as needed. (I've had 12 people all on my bandwidth with no slow down, never tried more people though)

I never get spikes or knocked offline.

Wifi included

Two networks, one for 5Ghz and the other the standard 2.4Ghz

I only pay 50 a month for it too. 

Just gotta shop around and look at reviews. 

zip code? if you have at&t go for that. They dont have hidden fees and it's the best in terms of reliability imo. 

Not gonna be much help but if you think 45Mbps was bad then oh boy let me tell you... Ive been chillin with 8Mbps on a good day

Breaking things 1 day at a time

You want to go with a Fiber provider, or a cable provider if thats all that is available. Stay away from DSL because its utter shit. AT&T and Verizon offer Fiber in select areas. Comcast, TWC, Charter have Cable internet. Well Comcast does do Fiber but they want your first born child and a kidney for it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, Hubriz said:

Hello all,

Once again, I come to you for questions because you're all just so damn reliable and knowledgeable.  I know this is probably a silly question, but can you guys suggest me a rock-solid ISP?  I live in Nashville, TN.  All I need the internets for is to be able to:

1) Online game (of course)

2) Download online games

3) Watch Twitch/YouTube/Netflix

I use approximately 3 devices at any given time, e.g., desktop, phone, and TV(s).  I would like something with "fast" download/upload speeds, albeit not sure what those would be.  I'm used to 45 Mbps (download) and 8ish Mbps (upload), and let me tell you, it is atrocious for downloading games online.  Not sure why bc I thought these speeds were fairly viable.  Do you think 100 Mbps (download) would be overkill for one person?  Also, want to keep my plan either at or below $80/mo.

Hit me with some suggestions please.  Thanks in advance ;D

I decided on my isp by googling "fastest ISPs near me"