Cheap Laptop for collage.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a laptop for some school work, word, powerpoint, e-mail and stuff like that. The problem is I really don't have a big choice where I live. My budget is somewhere from the 250 USD to the 300 USD mark. The laptops in this range have either the Celeron N3350 (dual-core) or the Pentium N4200 (quad-core) both at a base clock of 1.1 GHz. The RAM is mostly 4GB DDR3 with hard drives from 500 GB to 1 TB sizes. I would love to have your opinion on the matter.
https://www.amc.com.mk/laptops this web page is of a retailer in my country so you can personally see that I do not have a lot of options. 
https://www.anhoch.com/category/3003/notebooks this is another retailer. If you guys could have a look at these two pages and single out a laptop for me you would have my appreciation :). If not your advice is greatly cherished as well.

Edit: If you see any laptop up to 400 USD that is worth a lot more bang for the buck than any of the 250-300 USD tell me about them as well :). But the cheaper ones are more important.

Edited by Lucifierce
added more info

With my experience, no matter what you plan to do, a Celeron or a Pentium is complete junk. Get at least a laptop with a i3.

A i3 laptop is out of budget though. This is cheapest I could find on either of the two sites. https://www.anhoch.com/product/44131/notebook-asus-x541uv-go1046-i3-7100u4gb500gb920mx-2gbdos

What about used?

Edited by bindydad123

I would look into used thinkpads. For that price you could get one with a 4th gen i5 and 4 to 8 GB of ram. 

1 hour ago, bindydad123 said:

With my experience, no matter what you plan to do, a Celeron or a Pentium is complete junk. Get at least a laptop with a i3.

A i3 laptop is out of budget though. This is cheapest I could find on either of the two sites. https://www.anhoch.com/product/44131/notebook-asus-x541uv-go1046-i3-7100u4gb500gb920mx-2gbdos

What about used?

Not much option on that front either. Where I live people will just try to sell you old overpriced tech or tech that is already pretty broken. But thanks for pointing out a specific product :) 

I second the idea for the Chromebook. Google has its own Free office software thats cloud based. On top of the fact if you use Office 365 you can access the software thru the Microsoft website. While some of the MS office stuff will be dumbed down, its still a good option. To me if you cant spend at least $500 then a Windows 10 laptop is going to be a bad experience all around. 

I can tell you from my college days. Most professors would accept pdf's in placement of .docx documents. Also, most schools have a computer lab you can use. You can just copy and paste from a Google doc if push came to shove. For most of my power points I used Google slides, as it was easier to share with others. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

26 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I second the idea for the Chromebook. Google has its own Free office software thats cloud based. On top of the fact if you use Office 365 you can access the software thru the Microsoft website. While some of the MS office stuff will be dumbed down, its still a good option. To me if you cant spend at least $500 then a Windows 10 laptop is going to be a bad experience all around. 

I can tell you from my college days. Most professors would accept pdf's in placement of .docx documents. Also, most schools have a computer lab you can use. You can just copy and paste from a Google doc if push came to shove. For most of my power points I used Google slides, as it was easier to share with others. 

Guys we don't have chromebooks in my country :D plus they are way out of budget. you doubled my 250 USD to 500 money I do not have.

1 minute ago, Lucifierce said:

Guys we don't have chromebooks in my country :D plus they are way out of budget. you doubled my 250 USD to 500 money I do not have.

Oh that sucks. Cause here in the US you can get a Chromebook for at little as like $129.00. I didnt double anything. Just saying Any Windows device for under $500 is generally terrible at best, Horrific at worst. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

May I ask where do you live?

You can go to US amazon (with a VPN, or with a US Amazon account), order a chromebook for 200 USD and ask amazon to ship it to your country. They do global shipping.

On 10/14/2018 at 4:46 PM, zhubaohi said:

May I ask where do you live?

You can go to US amazon (with a VPN, or with a US Amazon account), order a chromebook for 200 USD and ask amazon to ship it to your country. They do global shipping.

I live in Macedonia (more commomnly known as FYROM) and we are not to big on shipping electronics plus shipping fees to my country are quite large. That’s why we are locked down to local retail most of the time. 

The used marked for all things tech is completely horrible here.