Black Ops 4 almost destroyed Fortnite on twitch

Guanzo

Now that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is out, it's no surprise to really anyone that the attention be taken away from other games in a similar genre. With the latest shooter also featuring a Battle Royale mode for the first time, understandably the spotlight has shifted away from Fortnite - at least for now.

At the time this article was written, here's where the battle of the Battle Royales stand - at least in the Twitch-verse:

bo-twich-1138660.jpeg

Fortnite has been the game to beat since Epic Games launched their free-to-play Battle Royale mode and the title itself has continued to smash through records left and right since then. Though the dethroned spot may only be temporary, we're excited to see even more Battle Royale options out there for those that enjoy this particular mode of play.

For those that might be unfamiliar with Blackout, Treyarch describes the new mode as "the Black Ops universe comes to life in one massive battle royale experience, combining Black Ops signature combat and the biggest map in Call of Duty history. Play as fan favorite characters and battle through iconic settings in an all-out survival and elimination experience."

Just like any other Battle Royale mode - and Fortnite in particular, players will drop down onto their desired place on the map and be forced to immediately scrounge for good gear. Build up, build fast, and survive! That's the name of the game in Blackout and the new mode has been met with pretty positive reviews since it left beta.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC! For more about the game itself before hopping into that lobby:

"Black Ops is back! Featuring gritty, grounded, fluid Multiplayer combat, the biggest Zombies offering ever with three full undead adventures at launch, and Blackout, where the universe of Black Ops comes to life in one massive battle royale experience featuring the largest map in Call of Duty history, signature Black Ops combat, characters, locations and weapons from the entire Black Ops series."

Did it really? I mean, literally every big streamer is playing it right now because it released today. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I mean, I'd rather watch BO4 simply because I always felt FN looks very childish, but I can see how it would appeal to a mass audience of people. I do hope it gets dethroned though. I'm honestly kind of tired of seeing FN every time I go to the store or go online :|

"almost destroyed"

given the proposed numbers, i suspect there's a specific formula to factually define "destroyed"?

joking aside.. i wouldnt even give it a week, the game literally just came out, its the hot new thing. and the only thing shorter than the attention span of a livestreamer, is the attention span of the viewers they're trying to appeal to.

crude guess is tomorrow the number is halved, and by wednesday next week fortnite is easily back above call of noobie.

Destroyed? Nah.. but i can see Fornite players move to COD if they have a capable hardware to run it because 10 years old love COD. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The bigger question is how is LOL still number 1/2? 

On 10/13/2018 at 2:04 AM, xAcid9 said:

Destroyed? Nah.. but i can see Fornite players move to COD if they have a capable hardware to run it because 10 years old love COD. 

Think you'll be surprised at how much older the CoD audience is. 1 because you have to pay for the game and 2 because CoD used to be known for its young player base back in 2009 but the thing is those kids grew up

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

On 10/12/2018 at 3:39 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

Did it really? I mean, literally every big streamer is playing it right now because it released today. 

in truth blackout looks more fun than fortnite after seeing the pro builders in fortnite i just stopped playing the game... I can't match these kids with the building and the hopping and the shooting... 360 no scope headshots... welcome back...

Bolivia.

Was anyone really surprised? I mean really? Any big AAA release will top Twitch. Streamers will get audience as they usually are sponsored with copies. Its good advertising for devs/publishers. I haven't followed Twitch that much lately, but didn't same happen with RB6:Siege? Why is Assasins Creed even at top20? Who likes to watch single player games on Twitch??

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv