Getting an Aurora but what cooling system should I get?

460W EPA Liquid Cooled Chassis, w/ODD

Included in price
850W EPA Air Cooled Chassis, w/ODD
+ £30.00
850W EPA Liquid Coled Chassis, w/ODD
+ £70.00

1 hour ago, SychosisPatient said:
-

Well....Neither would be the real answer I'd like to give since the Air cooler is basically an intel stock cooler, and the liquid cooler is a 120 mm Asetek cooler. Both are really bottom of the barrel. So if you can do it, go for the cheapest option and upgrade it yourself - although it looks like even that is difficult without case mods. The Watt rating is for the PSU and not anything related to the cooling.

I'd be happy to try and help you cart out a compatible system for a competitive price and you'd be willing to learn how to put it together, then this is most cost effective.

2 hours ago, SychosisPatient said:

Can you put Arctic fans in the Aurora?

I assume they are normal 120/140 mm fans? then yes. Although it likely won't change the performance by much if at all.

6 minutes ago, SychosisPatient said:

It won't cool more than the ones listed above?

In the systems above, you'll most likely be limited by the size of the heatsink. Getting a better fan may net you a few degrees but ultimately the cooling capacity will not be solved. You also don't really want to be compromizing for a shitty heatsink by having a jet turbine inside the PC.

Moderns computers definitely do not need to be and should not be loud at all.

10 minutes ago, SychosisPatient said:

It won't cool more than the ones listed above?

Also, you should either quote me or mention me (using @) otherwise I don't get notified of your responses.

Just now, SychosisPatient said:

@For Science!  Thanks for the response. I saw a YT review of the Aurora and he said the fan that came with it was very very loud.

The fan is probably very loud because its trying to keep the PC from burning its insides. A fan only needs to spin fast if the radiators/cpu coolers are getting too hot and that happens faster with a smaller radiator or cpu cooler. A proper heatsink/radiator has enough surface area that even gentle airflow can keep it cool.

If you forcibly slow down a fan when the PC needs the airflow, the result will be premature degradation of components. I think in this subforum people will recommend you to go for DIY means. You can ask a moderator such as @W-L to move the thread to the pre-built PC section where you may get more focused responses.

My opinion is that this Aurora case is no good and is not a good buy.

Just now, SychosisPatient said:

@For Science!I have 2 weeks to decide.

What is your budget by the way? Just so that I can suggest some alternatives

31 minutes ago, SychosisPatient said:

@For Science!I am not an IT tech though, I am a gamer.

If you watch a few youtube videos from the likes of Paul's Hardware, Jayztwocents, Bitwit; PC building is quite easy to the grasp of. Here is a cart from overclockers with all parts in stock that will run circles around the Aurora both in performance and noise. I would personally go for Meshify C instead of Define C but it wasn't in stock when I last looked. Other vendors have them, but I just limited myself to a single vendor.

The advantages of this particular build:

- 1080 over 1070

- Much much better CPU cooler

- Quiet case

- Standard components, easy to upgrade

- Enough budget left for Windows

Disadvantages

- You have to do it yourself

- No warranty for the whole system, although warranty for each individual component exists

1132380280_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1215-50-17.thumb.png.1106635ab6c4bf3bbe547bd7d32701d7.png

Overclockers UK Pricelist made 2018-10-12 14.44.pdf

-= Moved to Laptops and Pre-built Systems =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER