Is Black Ops 4 worth it?

Taily96

With the recent release of Black Ops 4, I was wondering if it was worth getting. Ive watched game plays of the battle royal mode and it looks like a polished PUBG, but is that enough to warrant getting it?

No, there is no campaign; it is solely multiplayer (including battle royal) and zombies. Better to wait till it goes on sale 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Well, black ops 4 doesnt actually launch until tomorrow, so all you saw was the Blackout mode, or the Battle Royal mode as that is all that was available in the beta recently. That said, I did play it a lot, and it was a lot of fun and a lot faster paced than PUBG making for more engaging combat. 

As for buying it.. if you are not sure, wait until a week or 2 from now when its been out for a while and check on reviews for it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, lmeneses said:

No, there is no campaign; it is solely multiplayer (including battle royal) and zombies. Better to wait till it goes on sale 

to be fair, the COD campaign has never been the selling point, its always been the multiplayer aspect as any campaign has only ever been 4-6hrs long at most. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

to be fair, the COD campaign has never been the selling point, its always been the multiplayer aspect as any campaign has only ever been 4-6hrs long at most. 

Yea, that's true, but it used to not be that way back in the glory days of cod when it was Modern Warfare and not this future warfare shite. 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

2 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

Yea, that's true, but it used to not be that way back in the glory days of cod when it was Modern Warfare and not this future warfare shite. 

nah, even in Modern Warfare it was only about 4-6hrs..

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, lmeneses said:

Yeah the future warfare setting is one of the things putting me off. I loved WWII last year because the setting felt a lot more authentic. It felt like COD was back, but this is just a vast change in style. 

3 minutes ago, Taily96 said:

Yeah the future warfare setting is one of the things putting me off. I loved WWII last year because the setting felt a lot more authentic. It felt like COD was back, but this is just a vast change in style. 

Well this is more modern than future. There is no rocket jumping wall running and flying etc.. its all boots on the ground 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Well this is more modern than future. There is no rocket jumping wall running and flying etc.. its all boots on the ground 

That's good, i just really hope they go back to Modern 

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Thats good. I hated the rocket jumping and wall running of past games.

2 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

That's good, i just really hope they go back to Modern 

Maybe, but I think the huge aspect from Modern Warfare was that it paralleled the actual wars going on so people were seeing it on TV and able to experience it to a degree in a game. So unless there is another large scale conflict like that again, it may be very tough to replicate the success that Modern Warfare had. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

On 10/11/2018 at 8:33 AM, Taily96 said:

With the recent release of Black Ops 4, I was wondering if it was worth getting. Ive watched game plays of the battle royal mode and it looks like a polished PUBG, but is that enough to warrant getting it?

It's worth getting if you're big on the following games:

COD Black Ops

COD Black Ops II

COD Black Ops III

PUBG

If you're not big on these titles, you probably won't be big on COD Black Ops IIII.

From the looks of game play of COD Black Ops IIII, the game was created for highly competitive gamers.

I like the implementation of how you heal in the game. It's different. Difference is good.

I'm not a big fan of battle royale games but if there is one battle royale game I had to choose, it would be COD Black Ops IIII because I could just play the multiplayer mode of it if the blackout mode wasn't for me.

What a battle royale game needs to succeed with the majority of gamers(imo) is some way to avenge your death. When I play any battle royale game and die, I want to continue playing the game and not have to start over. And I especially want to kill whoever killed me. Not being able to do this is painful and the major reason I stop playing the game. I've never even hit 30 minutes of game play in any battle royale game and I think I have played almost all of them. What needs to happen is when you die, maybe you get one more damn life and you instantly appear back in the helicopter as your second dude. You then glide back down and you're maybe even given that disadvantage of getting sniped out of the sky. But dag burn it, you have a chance to avenge your death. Some might even give you that chance and follow you all the way to your weapon pickup with you in their sights. I just want that slim chance because if I were to succeed on that second chance it would make it even more worth while.

Anyway, I'm venting so yea. COD Black Ops IIII is worth every penny if you're into those games I mentioned. I'm waiting to obtain it from people on eBay that don't like it. I could care less if any game sucks, I'm still going to own it when its price drops. And to be honest, COD Black Ops IIII looks like a game I wouldn't hate. Probably because the game LOOKS like Bulletstorm to me for some reason and I'm a huge fan of that game.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

its all boots on the ground

There's wingsuits and graveling hooks so not all boots on the ground but very well grounded. Which is perfect for taking the futuristic aspect out of the game while keeping a sort of modern aspect in the game if you know what I mean. Sort of a combination of the two. I liked what I saw from the graveling hook. Changes the game in a positive way because skill is definitely involved when putting it to use.

No, it's a horrible game. Time to kill in multiplayer is atrocious, the outcome of battles seems completely arbitrary unless you're already <40, like a lifeless loser, gun mechanics are shit, the new manual health system is pretty fucking annoying, Zombies outright sucks (which, IMO, was the ONLY redememing game mode in BO3 and the only strong point of BO2).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I forgot to mention, the shit bags at Treyarch also recycled most of BO4's maps from BO1. There is beyond no reason to get this game if you have BO1 and can play that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On the subject of grappling hooks and wallruns and double jumps, I honestly kind of liked those mechanics. I found CoD's boots-on-the-ground, slower paced action of previous titles got fairly boring quickly. But goddamn do I ever love the movement system in AW. The double jump and midair boost allows for faster paced shooting with more emphasis on mobility and raw aiming, indirectly nerfs grenade/explosive spam, and allows for some ridiculous plays and jukes. I hope to see a more arena deathmatch styled COD in the future, kind of like the DOOM 2016 multiplayer. Big, open maps with lots of room, fast default movement speed with no sprinting, maybe even no weapon reloading or ironsights, grapple hooks, double jumps, wallruns, midair speed boosts, maybe some ground based pickups, like shields or speed boosts or quad damage. Make it a beautiful bastard fusion of Advanced Warfare and Quake III. I'd buy 5 copies of the collector's edition

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540