Ryzen 2400G – Integrated GPU passthrough

I’m planning on building a white box server to use as a NAS and running a few somewhat graphically intense Windows applications. I’d like the server to be as small as possible and figured I might be able to use the Ryzen 2400G APU. But I’d like to know if it works before I purchase.

Is it possible to pass the integrated GPU in the Ryzen 2400G to a Windows VM? Has anyone tried?

I’ve been looking all over the internet but I haven’t been able to find any information on any attempt at this. If someone has this APU maybe they could give it a shot? I specifically want to passthrough the integrated GPU, not a separate discrete GPU.

Is definately possible. It will depend on your server software support though. Unraid should support it. 

3 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

Is definately possible. It will depend on your server software support though. Unraid should support it. 

Sounds great! Any source to this claim? I haven't seen any proof if it working or not working at all.

Reading some more on the forum, it should be possible, but since it's fairly new tech (AMD sort of makes it's iGPU into a dedicated PCI GPU via infinity fabric) it throws errors and no one has got it working just yet, you'll have to wait a while for unraid. Other software may work though.

There's no reason why it can't work, just no one has got it working. Maybe go for a 2600(x) with a second hand 1050 if you have room. Otherwise Ivybridge iGPUs work with unraid.