a Pixel 3 XL was found in Hong Kong, ahead of the Google event

only phone that i deem worst than the iPhones in 2018. Such trash. Much garbage. wow

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

This launch will either be the biggest PR stunt ever pulled, or the most embarrassing failure we've witnessed in quite a long time, depending if these leaks are accurate or not, irrespectively.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

There is absolutely zero point in a Pixel phone anymore when you can get an actual iPhone. Hey Google, you can't charge a premium for less features and expect die hard Android fans to just except it.

Both Google and Microsoft hella thirsty to be Apple these days it's pretty sad.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

There is absolutely zero point in a Pixel phone anymore when you can get an actual iPhone. Hey Google, you can't charge a premium for less features and expect die hard Android fans to just except it.

Or the Galaxy phones, which are chock full of features to the point where launching with a version of Android that's a version behind isn't as big a deal as it could've been, and especially since Samsung has been improving on its UX performance for quite a while now.

There's only one reason you want a Pixel. Fast software updates.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

7 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

There is absolutely zero point in a Pixel phone anymore when you can get an actual iPhone.

This reminds me of the wording nvidia was using around the GPP scandal and making sure gamers don't fall for "substitute" GPUs.  It's not like a pixel is just an inferior attempt at or copy of an iphone, it stands on its own as a phone people would want...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

no software update can come fast enough to make me accept putting trash in my pockets, I'd rather have a good phone that never gets updated than a pixel

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's not like a pixel is just an inferior attempt at or copy of an iphone

but it is.

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

but it is.

Unless you can say the same about android vs iOS, then no, not really.

Unless you can say the same about android vs iOS, then no, not really.

i can if by android you mean Pixel's Android or google's vision of android on the pixel

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

i can if by android you mean Pixel's Android or google's vision of android on the pixel

Is it not pretty much stock?

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

no software update can come fast enough to make me accept putting trash in my pockets, I'd rather have a good phone that never gets updated than a pixel

Hence why it's the only reason.

I stopped caring about major version updates when they've become more and more iterative, especially when many of the stuff Google implements have existed in Galaxy flagships for years.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not really. It's a lightly modified version with proprietary Google code

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

no. far from it.

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Not really. It's a lightly modified version with proprietary Google code

How modified is "lightly"? :P is it a small enough amount to be "pretty much stock"? :P

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

no. far from it.

oh, interesting... I know they used to be.  Are the changes obvious attempts at copying iOS?  I haven't played with it myself so idk.

How modified is "lightly"? :P is it a small enough amount to be "pretty much stock"? :P

Yes and no.

It looks and acts like stock Android but has many features that aren't part of AOSP.

Think of it like how Motorola does Android or how OnePlus does it.

14 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Or the Galaxy phones, which are chock full of features to the point where launching with a version of Android that's a version behind isn't as big a deal as it could've been, and especially since Samsung has been improving on its UX performance for quite a while now.

About software updates...

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This reminds me of the wording nvidia was using around the GPP scandal and making sure gamers don't fall for "substitute" GPUs.  It's not like a pixel is just an inferior attempt at or copy of an iphone, it stands on its own as a phone people would want...

My girlfriend's Pixel got an update recently and Android feels less like Android. At this rate, you may as well just switch to iPhone.

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Yes and no.

It looks and acts like stock Android but has many features that aren't part of AOSP.

Think of it like how Motorola does Android or how OnePlus does it.

Just now, Mooshi said:

About software updates...

My girlfriend's Pixel got an update recently and Android feels less like Android. At this rate, you may as well just switch to iPhone.

I'm getting conflicting answers here so I think I'll just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ out of here lol

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh, interesting... I know they used to be.  Are the changes obvious attempts at copying iOS?  I haven't played with it myself so idk.

fastest way to get a rough idea of how different it is would be to try pixel launcher, though things to compare would still be missing.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Android feels less like Android. At this rate, you may as well just switch to iPhone.

You tell me.

Every new Android phone that isn't a Samsung just feels like a sad attempt at aping the iPhone.

7 hours ago, NowakVulpix said:

Only two notifications before they get truncated... ew.

Android by design doesn't work with notches.

That is incorrect. Google it:

Nothing against you, but I've been seeing lots of people lately that will say  'facts' without verifying them first (especially as of late). Please be more careful.

Notch... Really what a fail seriously. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's not like a pixel is just an inferior attempt at or copy of an iphone

If Google made their ROM like Lenovo's, it would be a near perfect copy as far as non techies are concerned, and too damn close for techies.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Honestly, I'd rather use my iPhone 5 with its bezels and chins (and its glorious headphone jack) than a high-end phone with a notch.

The Pixel started out as the king of Android phones, but now it's no better than a bad iPhone clone. If you're buying an expensive Android, just go for an S9 or Note 9 IMO. That way, you get the full package at least.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

Just now, Emberstone said:

The Pixel started out as the king of Android phones

No, it didn't. The Pixel started out as the same failure that Nexus was, just more expensive.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.