Hackintosh Tutorial?

They have one from 2014, but they'd probably get a cease and desist if they tried it now.

12 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

They have one from 2014, but they'd probably get a cease and desist if they tried it now.

Yes they would its against the EULA of the operating system and a reckless thing for a big youtuber to do.

Hackintosh is against apple EULA and also this forums rules.

Apple can can disable any Hackintosh system really easily via software switch if they really want to, but the amount of people who used Hackintosh is really small percentage.

Magical Pineapples

14 minutes ago, EMC said:

also this forums rules.

nope its now cool.

26 minutes ago, AidyyJ said:

Yes they would its against the EULA of the operating system and a reckless thing for a big youtuber to do.

na Snazy labs does a lot of them and he has been fine so far.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

22 minutes ago, EMC said:

Hackintosh is against apple EULA and also this forums rules.

Apple can can disable any Hackintosh system really easily via software switch if they really want to, but the amount of people who used Hackintosh is really small percentage.

If anything, it's a testament of good of an OS they've made. Even if the hardware they make you buy to use it is questionable.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Before the thread gets ?...

Isn't Mac OS based on some open-source kernel or something - Darwin, was it?

If someone installed that, could it be made to run Mac apps?  (I'm sure it would have a somewhat different UI; as I understand the actual Mac OS UI is proprietary.)

14 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

If someone installed that, could it be made to run Mac apps?  (I'm sure it would have a somewhat different UI; as I understand the actual Mac OS UI is proprietary.)

it won't.

It is based on UNIX at its core. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 hours ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

Mac OS is based on the Darwin OS (BSD+Mach, XNU). Mac OS is Darwin OS + all the licensed proprietary apple interface, cocoa, aqua, etc. 
You COULD install Darwin OS, but that would be hard as installing an hackintosh, you will need all those kexts like you were installing an hackintosh (FakeSMC, etc.) and you would only be able to run binary ELF prorgrams, typical unix desktops, X.org (So not Mac apps, they run on the Aqua and cocoa framework, you would run GNOME, KDE, XFCE, etc.) 

This is how Darwin OS would be like without "Mac OS"
What's the point of doing that? You could just install any linux distro and that would be the same, the only thing that changes its the BSD userland (bash, and all programs comes respectively from FreeBSD ones and GNU OS)

Screenshot-2018-03-02.png

The way of doing it varies between what device you use. Laptops require specific patches, AMD CPUs require special patches, etc.., it would hard to create a video covering all of that, especially from someone who doesn't specialize in Hackintoshing. Using tonymacx86's tools isn't a very good idea either if you want a stable operating system (most of these videos just refer to those to make it easier for them).

🙂

On 9/23/2018 at 12:47 AM, DataByte said:

Linus? Can you please make a Hackintosh tutorial? Thx

if you are smart enough to build a working hackingtosh, you are smart enough to simply learn llinux and quickly becoming an expert. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 9/24/2018 at 7:18 AM, wasab said:

if you are smart enough to build a working hackingtosh, you are smart enough to simply learn llinux and quickly becoming an expert. 

Why would you, though?

🙂

5 hours ago, duncannah said:

Why would you, though?

Cuz I can choose my own hardware which will work instead of a frankstein mix mesh that barely works with the software? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

56 minutes ago, duncannah said:

@wasab That's not true, where'd you get that idea? Compatibility is very good nowadays. More stable too.

yeah, good luck getting hackingtosh to run on your Microsoft pro and any prebuilt systems with OEM bios. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

8 minutes ago, wasab said:

yeah, good luck getting hackingtosh to run on your Microsoft pro and any prebuilt systems with OEM bios. 

A simple Google search shows that the Surface Pro is easily hackintoshable. I hackintoshed my Lenovo laptop easily.

🙂

• 1 month later...

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

21 minutes ago, jpenguin said:

Linux is legal

If Hackintoshing wasn't, then there would be lawsuits against the people and communities developing the tools

🙂

9 minutes ago, duncannah said:

If Hackintoshing wasn't, then there would be lawsuits against the people and communities developing the tools

The reason for that is the open source nature of their OS, you could just install the Mach Darwin XNU OS with the tools the hackintosh community made, since the whole Mac OS system is open source + proprietary interface and programs

You can't sue people just making a workaround for some piece of software to run on other systems. I don't really know how the EULA treats this but it is probably just referred generically to the Mac OS itself and for just having it installed, not for making the tools.

The most important hackintosh software probably are FakeSMC and Clover bootloader

Edited by Guest