"Vintage" Computer Thread

Tr3vor

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! Did you read that Wikipedia article? LOOOOOOL

Damn, that's fucked up.

It doesn't even make sense though. It's the OS that makes it user friendly (stupid friendly in this case). Has to be a troll.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

It doesn't even make sense though. It's the OS that makes it user friendly (stupid friendly in this case). Has to be a troll.

of course its a troll. 

Its been a while since I've seen the much dreaded wikipedia false information... Someone didn't like that person obviously.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Sadly the oldest PC i had access to was this hunk of junk, might have been capable of XP but regardless, it's still a relic and my relic :)

Compaq Presario 5423US Desktop

41TYB2T230L.jpg

Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4 RAM 512 MB Hard Drive 80 GB Card Description nVIDIA GeForce2 MX Graphics Card Ram Size 64 MB

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

As you might or might not know, i'm out of my house, so right now, i can't post anything. :(. I will do it as soon i get to home :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

This is my Pentium 75mhz machine. Its one of my best all-around DOS machines. It can pretty much play everything.

PrZVQ70l.jpg 0m8RHI0l.jpg

Its got a P54C Pentium 75MHz

32MB of 72-pin SIMM RAM (possibly EDO, Not sure though)

A Cirrus Logic PCI video card

Sound Blaster AWE64

An 800MB Quantum Trailblazer HDD

CD-ROM, 3.5" 1.44MB FDD

200W AT PSU

onboard IDE, Serial, ETC.

I'm not too much a fan of this case. to get the cover off, you have to pull off the front panel that is held on by clips. I would hate to see those break. Luckily they are made of metal. The AWE64 is something I added to this computer. Beats the hell out of that ESS audio drive sound card. This has MIDI that will blow your ears off, but its still nothing compared to the mighty MT-32. I wanted to put an AWE64 in my 486, but the case doesn't fit full height ISA cards, so the top of the case wouldn't fit right :|

This is a Dell Latitude xpi p100sd. I have no idea what year it's from. Probably the mid 90s. 

11836406754_fe1cbc0d56_b.jpg

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

This is a Dell Latitude xpi p100sd. I have no idea what year it's from. Probably the mid 90s. 

That's a cool looking laptop. Do you know the specs?

That's a cool looking laptop. Do you know the specs?

I need to check them in Windows, but it only works with the charger plugged, and I don't know where the charger is. I believe the RAM was 4MB and the HDD is either 1GB or less. Not sure about the CPU though. There should be specs on the internet for that particular model. :)

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Those IBM Thinkpads were very good. I always liked the mouse joystick type nub thing in the middle of the keyboard, they are much better than a touchpad.

On some of the later Thinkpads there was a little LED light you could turn on with a keyboard button combo that would shine down on the keyboard for while you're working in the dark. That model also had a 1600x1200 LCD screen, and that was from like 2002. It was insane.

Sadly the oldest PC i had access to was this hunk of junk, might have been capable of XP but regardless, it's still a relic and my relic :)

Compaq Presario 5423US Desktop

41TYB2T230L.jpg

Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4 RAM 512 MB Hard Drive 80 GB Card Description nVIDIA GeForce2 MX Graphics Card Ram Size 64 MB

OMG ITS MY OLD COMPAQ

DUDE

dude...

Seriously man, this thing was all I had for SO LONG - I played everything on this thing, I ended up upgrading it a ton too, man this thing was great - Never died either, mom just made me throw it away

OMG ITS MY OLD COMPAQ

DUDE

dude...

Seriously man, this thing was all I had for SO LONG - I played everything on this thing, I ended up upgrading it a ton too, man this thing was great - Never died either, mom just made me throw it away

Not very compact... or should I say.. Compaq? ha no, sorry. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

OMG ITS MY OLD COMPAQ

DUDE

dude...

I gutted one of those the other day, same specs minus the GPU and 80GB HDD

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I love older pc's there just so awesome even tho im 17 i still enjoy looking and reading about them too bad i smashed my old old pc lel :(

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Wow this thread makes me really wish i had a picture of my old compaq slash dial up setup! 

Probably buried somewhere at my parent's place...Yes i did print it.

OMG ITS MY OLD COMPAQ

DUDE

dude...

Ha I had the same one ! It was a hand-me-down from my aunt and uncle and has been gone a few months now but we still have the speakers left over :D

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This is my first computer. Still works just as well as it did in 98 or 99 or whenever I got it. I got it dual booting DOS 6.22 and Windows 98SE

ZEe4s6al.jpg P9pcl6el.jpg

I've upgraded it a few times over the yeards. right now it has:

Pentium MMX 200mhz

96MB  60ns EDO RAM

S3 ViRGE 2mb video adapter

AOpen AP5VM motherboard

ISA NIC

Sound Blaster AWE64

3GB Maxtor HDD

8GB Quantum Bigfoot HDD

2x 1.44MB 3 1/2" floppies, only one connected though, my old FDD cable busted and I could only scrounge up a single drive cable

TEAC CD-ROM

It used to have a low end cruddy yamaha xwave card, so that got upgraded. Also used to have only 64mb of ram.

I use it the most out of all my old computers. Its the best all around computer for DOS gaming that I have, it will run Quake, Descent and any really heavy DOS game nicely and most other DOS games work. Also it runs a fair bit of Win98se games. I also sort am attached to this thing, being my first ever computer. I neeeeeed to get a VooDoo for this machine though.

Also, there's my Model M too.

I have an old IBM aptiva, it originallyhad a 486 and a 540mb HDD in it. My old man upgraded it to an 83mhz Pentium Overdrive and a bigger HDD sometime in the mid 90's. It was my first PC, I played Doom on it.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

I have an old IBM aptiva, it originallyhad a 486 and a 540mb HDD in it. My old man upgraded it to an 83mhz Pentium Overdrive and a bigger HDD sometime in the mid 90's. It was my first PC, I played Doom on it.

Thats cool, Pentium Overdrives aren't to easy to come by.

Thats cool, Pentium Overdrives aren't to easy to come by.

Really? I have the box and everything that it originally came with. :P

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

There are 4 DDR sticks and a P4 sitting beside my monitor, and I am typing this on a PS2 keyboard. 

...PS2 is still the superior keyboard interface...

• 1 year later...

i love this topic.