DayZ map

Vader

So a friend of mine linked me a map of DayZ. It's pretty awesome. They recently (today) added where hospitals are located, weapons, supplies, etc. It's helpful for people just starting out, or as a reference. 

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.064.086

(sorry if this is common knowledge i just learned about it)

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

This is pretty common knowledge (website has been around since the mod) but i'm sure some people haven't heard of it before.

This is pretty common knowledge (website has been around since the mod) but i'm sure some people haven't heard of it before.

wow i feel dumb. :P

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

wow i feel dumb. :P

Don't feel dumb, this map is entirely different than the one he is talking about because its Chernaurus plus. All the markers were added today sometime.

"The internet is a series of tubes"

Don't feel dumb, this map is entirely different than the one he is talking about because its Chernaurus plus. All the markers were added today sometime.

The one for DayZ Standalone came out the same day as the game but it was updated again today.

So a friend of mine linked me a map of DayZ. It's pretty awesome. The recently (today) added where hospitals are located, weapons, supplies, etc. It's helpful for people just starting out, or as a reference. 

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.064.086

(sorry if this is common knowledge i just learned about it)

already knew about it but thanks for posting it, now i know they updated it :)

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I was expecting something bigger, didn't know the map was this size.

The maps good, but it kind of defeats the whole idea of the game. Now people are just going to go straight to the weapons etc, without having to do the whole survival thing of foraging etc.

This map is more for beginners starting out. If you have played the game for a week the loot spawns are very predictable.

"The internet is a series of tubes"

This map is more for beginners starting out. If you have played the game for a week the loot spawns are very predictable.

This.

If you play the game for any meaningful time at all, you will know what spawns where and what is worth your time.

That is true for both the mod and SA.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.