Friend pluged iphone and it burned my power suply

DukeOLuke

Now i was wondering i got it fixed and all but i was wondering how it burned my power suply the tech guy told me because it didnt have enough space to plug the iphone in my computer (i honestly hate iphones but they seem like a peace of junk and a money stealer but my friends are fuckboys so they buy the most expensive phone but back to the topic i was asleap at that time and my friend was on my computer so im not sure what happened and my friend told me my keboard and mouse turned off and later i found out my internet turned off too) well all im asking is how that happened                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            but my friend still wont buy and computer but buys a 4000 dollar laptop 

Most likely just coincidence that it failed when he was charging his phone.

What model PSU was it?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

37 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

probably has some trash ass silver powersupply off of craigslist

does that count amazon

1 hour ago, DukeOLuke said:

but my friends are fuckboys so they buy the most expensive phone

Hahahaha I love how you just had to mention that! Unfortunately I can't answer your question.

46 minutes ago, DukeOLuke said:

does that count amazon

If it was a $20 500W power supply then certainly yes. 

Which make and model PSU do you have?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

7 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

If it was a $20 500W power supply then certainly yes. 

Which make and model PSU do you have?

no

Not the iPhone, but Louis did a few videos on ebay/amazon cheapo chargers and macbooks.

May help you get an idea of what could've happened.

(Basically Apple devices are not designed to survive bad power delivery)

edit: Oh wait, you're saying your PSU is the one that got killed? The fuck... 
Maybe it was just overdue to die... Was there any storm lately in your area? Do you have a surge protector between the computer and the wall outlet? (Not talking about a dollar store power strip, but one that's beefy)

What PSU was this ? It is highly unlikely for an iphone to somehow consume enough power to kill a PSU and the PC would've just shut down if it was drawing more power than it could output.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

9 hours ago, DukeOLuke said:

he tech guy told me because it didnt have enough space to plug the iphone in my computer

I'm wondering what kind of unqualified technician would pronunce such words

Unless your fuckboy friend intentionally plugged something that shorted the port on purpose it's highly unlikely a phone can burn a power supply.

And the rest, think about it, your house has a 32A breaker and you're currently using 30A (let's pretend you have some AMD + Fermi builds or something ok) but it's a hot day and you decide to plug in a portable air conditioner that needs 5A of current, 30+5 = 35 = breaker trips until you lower the current draw, a PSU works the same way, if the computer draws too much current, the OCP will trip and that's it, you might need to restart it by flipping the switch back to the on position in order to make it work again, but frying the board? I don't think so.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

7 hours ago, DukeOLuke said:

no

Yeah, but what power supply do you have?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

What sort of power supply do you have? 

If it died, I highly doubt it's because of the iPhone 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

16 hours ago, DukeOLuke said:

i was asleap at that time and my friend was on my computer

sounds like your friend did more than just plug their phone in, if this is what they are saying, they are lying

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Inx said:

He's avoiding the question I noticed, honestly may be just trolling us.

Probably just wants to continue living in his fantasy world where it was Apple's fault that his computer died instead of his own fault for using a $10 Shockmax 300 in his system.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 hours ago, DukeOLuke said:

no

ok then you are officially gay now. 

This topic is a meme anyway, so that comment fits.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I'm pretty sure your friend either did something that caused it to break (unlikely) or that your PC has some craptastic PSU that blew itself up. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I'm pretty sure your friend either did something that caused it to break (unlikely) or that your PC has some craptastic PSU that blew itself up. 

He's gay now, leave it

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, DukeOLuke said:

i honestly hate iphones but they seem like a peace of junk and a money stealer but my friends are fuckboys

brilliant