Cool things in Germany?

Froody129

I'll be spending a day each in Lübeck, Flensburg and Hamburg. Looking for some suggestions on things to do while I'm there. With a school group that's mostly girls so nerdy things won't be high on their list. 

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions :) 

That's an F in the profile pic

2 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Reeperbahn O.o

:D

@Froody129 how old are all of you?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

34 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Reeperbahn O.o

31 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

:D

@Froody129 how old are all of you?

I would if I could, but I can't so shan't :P

It has to be at least somewhat savoury, about half the group are underage. 

27 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I would if I could, but I can't so shan't :P

ohh so a trip to germany without even a single beer? wow. sooo... yeah im kinda out of ideas. sadly i dont know fun things todo if its not partying. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

If you are from america land not from another european country, visit the old town.

Most americans like the houses from the 14th century, because america doesn't have anything similar.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

22 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

ohh so a trip to germany without even a single beer? wow. sooo... yeah im kinda out of ideas. sadly i dont know fun things todo if its not partying. 

Well... Somewhat savoury ;)

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you are from america land not from another european country, visit the old town.

Most americans like the houses from the 14th century, because america doesn't have anything similar.

This is more for fun. I've done a fair chunk of museums in Hamburg and this group won't want to do educational things 

58 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Well the drinking age for germany is 16... so maybe you can still drink beer with your group?

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+berr+drinking+age+for+germany&oq=the+berr+drinking+age+for+germany&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l3.4799j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Well... Somewhat savoury ;)

This is more for fun. I've done a fair chunk of museums in Hamburg and this group won't want to do educational things 

Oh then i dont know. Most tourists in my country are fascinated by the old town, but then again they aren't underage.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Beer, 

castles, 

WW2 stuff, 

WW1 stuff. 100th anniversary to treaty of Versailles. 

Food, 

Ice cream with alcohol in it, 

European coffee shops

1 hour ago, Pangea2017 said:

Reeperbahn O.o

way too overhyped just like the Oktoberfest

Lübeck, Flensburg and Hamburg

Hamburg:

- The "Miniaturwunderland" is one of Hamburgs most visited tourist attractions. It is the biggest model railway in the world and it is fantastic. There are tons of youtube videos so you can check before if it is worth for you. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=miniaturwunderland+hamburg

Here is the homepage: https://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/visiting/plan-your-visit/waiting-times/

- I have also heard that Hamburg has a great harbor

Lübeck:

- Maybe Travemünde

Flensburg:

- Also great harbor

I have never been to any of these cities, just saying ;)

2 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Sausages

8 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

way too overhyped just like the Oktoberfest

Both of these remind me. Sit at the most german table & if you never plan on returning, put ketchup on as much german food as you can. 

16 minutes ago, fpo said:

Both of these remind me. Sit at the most german table & if you never plan on returning, put ketchup on as much german food as you can. 

But don't get it on the tablecloth, I've heard they'll charge you to clean it xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

But don't get it on the tablecloth, I've heard they'll charge you to clean it xD

I wasn’t even talking about that. 

Germans will freak out if you eat their holy sausages with ketchup. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

I wasn’t even talking about that. 

Germans will freak out if you eat their holy sausages with ketchup. 

to be fair, I'd probably cringe at that too and I'm not even from there

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Visit McDonald's. They serve the most ethnic German food ever!!! 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

57 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

to be fair, I'd probably cringe at that too and I'm not even from there

Too right. BBQ sauce or Mushroom sauce all the way.

Hiho...

For Flensburg: the Experimentarium, if it is still around the Nordertor. Else lots of dansk shopping tourists to look at =P

For Lübeck: A visit to Niederegger, the Holsten Tor, Altstadt in general...

For Hamburg: Harbor Boat trip (Captn Prüsse is good), Miniature wonderland like has already been mentioned, tour guid through the townhall (it is a really nice one), Hamburg Dungeon with indoor wildwater ride... that is next to the wonderland... A Roundtrip in the U3. It makes a circle through the northern part of Hamburg. A visit to the Binnen Alster, or a boat trip on the Alster, a walk through the Stadtpark, perhaps visit the Planetarium there... 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

I'm from Hamburg and it's the best thing in germany honestly. (some F***ers may disagree)

I mean you gotta check out the Reeperbahn (Kiez) but if you can't drink that's kinda shitty. Dunno maybe take a look around but not during daytime it looks shit then ^^

You can check out the "Schanze" if you like alternative shit and that. There's nice bars, too

If you're into architecture check out the "Hafen-City" it's a huge area recently constructed kinda on top the river Elbe. To get there you will pass through the "Speicherstadt" which is the only real historical buildings Hamburg has left since the city was massively bombed in WW2. Keep walking towards the port and you will reach the still pretty new opera house, the "Elbphilharmonie". It was f***ing expensive so you better enjoy it. It's free to go inside and take a look. Then you can walk along to the port which is in very close proximity and I like to show people the old "Elbtunnel". It's a really nice and old art-deco like tunnel thing below the river and it's nice to stroll along though there isn't really much to do on the other side of it. Finally take a look at the "Alster" but you will need to take a train to get there or like a 30min walk or longer.

if you want to see anything more specific tell me!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido