Tempratures did not improve after upgrading CPU cooler

GLOBALruler

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my cpu cooler from a stock wraith spire to a Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT. Using a Ryzen 5 1600 @3.77GHz (1.356V). My concern is that even after upgrading to a 300W TDP cooler, my temperatures have only slightly improved. With the stock cooler I had around 35-40 idle and 75-88 degrees under load. After upgrading the idle temperatures are mostly the same but under load temps do not exceed 75 degrees. I don't think that its normal (considering the stock cooler is like 65W TDP). The installation of the cooler went smooth, but it does slightly move from its position if I push it abit. But I think that's normal and is because of how this cooler is mounted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds about normal for the temps.

But the cooler should not move.

Did you miss the middle screw?

Just now, TechyBen said:

Sounds about normal for the temps.

But the cooler should not move.

Did you miss the middle screw?

Im pretty sure that I have all the screws in place tightly. It only very slightly rotates if I push it, I think its normal because the actual heatsink is not screwed in to the bracket or the motherboard, its just held in by a plate on the top.

Just now, Theguywhobea said:

You may be more limited by case airflow than your CPU cooler then.

This might be the case, as I had to remove the rear exhaust fan to the top since the cooler was so big there was no space for the fan at the back. I will try to fit in a slim 90mm fan and see if it improves the temps.

CPU fan speed is set to max. Btw, is 1.356V on Ryzen 5 1600 too much for 24/7 use?

Wait... why are you fitting in a slim 90mm fan?

How do you know if this will improve or reduce flow? If the heatsink is in the way, would the fan against it not restrict flow even more?

Just now, TechyBen said:

Wait... why are you fitting in a slim 90mm fan?

How do you know if this will improve or reduce flow? If the heatsink is in the way, would the fan against it not restrict flow even more?

Well im thinking it might help to pull out the warm air from the heatsink to outside of the case. I do know that it probably won't help with the airflow inside the case.