Is the Intel i7-8700 good cpu for gaming and streaming?

I want to find a cpu that is good for both gaming and streaming. I have the AMD FX(tm) 4200 Quad-core Processor 3.3 GHz and its okay with gaming but it cant stream without having problems with the quality of the stream. Any help?

Yeah an i7 will be better for streaming. Actually just about any i7 will be better for streaming, but the 8700 will be great. Judging by the copy/paste in the title, you're probably not too sure about PC building stuff, so just know that the CPU will not work with your motherboard or ram.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes. I'd buy a ryzen 7 2700 though, it performs better for streaming and only a little worse in games themselves (you won't notice the difference under 120fps).

For future reference you can just refer to cpus with their name and serial number (e.g. i7 8700K), we know the specs :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah an i7 will be better for streaming. Actually just about any i7 will be better for streaming, but the 8700 will be great. Judging by the copy/paste in the title, you're probably not too sure about PC building stuff, so just know that the CPU will not work with your motherboard or ram.

Im definitely not the greatest when it comes to Pc building but im definitely trying to learn and learn about the parts. I do know it wont work with my mother board and ram so i need to get new ram and a new mother board that works with the cpu

2 minutes ago, Lane Matzeder said:

Im definitely not the greatest when it comes to Pc building but im definitely trying to learn and learn about the parts. I do know it wont work with my mother board and ram so i need to get new ram and a new mother board that works with the cpu

Well that's a good start. I know that's what alot of people knew to pc building don't understand. It's kinda tricky to know if the new gpu is compatible with your existing hardware if you are a beginner. What is you power supply and graphics card?

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well that's a good start. I know that's what alot of people knew to pc building don't understand. It's kinda tricky to know if the new gpu is compatible with your existing hardware if you are a beginner. What is you power supply and graphics card?

i Have a 850 W power supply and a GtX 1060 6gb. i had to get a new power supply because it had the plugs i needed for my gpu which my old power supply did not have.

1 minute ago, Lane Matzeder said:

i Have a 850 W power supply and a GtX 1060 6gb. i had to get a new power supply because it had the plugs i needed for my gpu which my old power supply did not have.

That's a good system for a cpu upgrade. What is your budget?

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

That's a good system for a cpu upgrade. What is your budget?

might go with the i5 8600k instead of the i7 8700. but wdym by my budget? like how much i have to spend?

21 hours ago, Lane Matzeder said:

might go with the i5 8600k instead of the i7 8700. but wdym by my budget? like how much i have to spend?

Your budget is how much you are willing to spend. Usually when someone has an upgrade in mind they will think of how much they plan on spending. The thing about streaming is that you want alot of cores and threads to be able to have a good stream quality. Something like the 2700x or 2600x would be better suited for that than the 8600k. Now if you want to just game the 8600k is a decent cpu.