tech job help!

sideqcktv

hi im looking to find a tech job but i dont know what to go into. i want a job to pay atleast a 100k a year, anything but programming definitely no programming. if this help i live in indiana if that helps find a tech job for atleast 100k a year. 

Do you have any certifications, qualifications or diplomas?

Otherwise - get an internship or start off in a small computer repair shop.

I doubt that you'll get 100K at a company without qualifications or experience.

Just my personal experience though. YMMV

Do you mean you want a career path that leads you to that salary?
Or you want to jump into tech with no schooling and expect to make that much?

You haven't really given us a lot to go on, kid.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

"Tech"

I can think of at least 20 different things that could mean.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Here you go

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=system administrator&l=Indiana%2C PA&vjk=58a544ac3abd32bc

im pretty sure you already worked like 10+ years in the industry already and have a degree in computer science or related fields and posseses bunch of IT certifications and licesne right? For your sake, answer yes or I'm just gonna laugh at you. 

Anyway, good luck on your 6 figures job search but im pretty you already worked 10+ years already at a 6 figure job so it wont be too exciting just going to another. 

On 9/5/2018 at 6:54 PM, 2FA said:

"Tech"

I can think of at least 20 different things that could mean.

But he only wants ones that pay 100k+ USD. That pretty much throws out everything except enginneers and system administrators. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

If you need to ask here, you most likely don't qualify for anything above 20k per year - or are you asking what qualifications you should get to eventually be hired for a high paying job? Also, if you absolutely want nothing to do with programming the only "tech" fields that remain are infrastructure maintenance and system administration.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

If you need to ask here, you most likely don't qualify for anything above 20k per year - or are you asking what qualifications you should get to eventually be hired for a high paying job? Also, if you absolutely want nothing to do with programming the only "tech" fields that remain are infrastructure maintenance and system administration.

Actually, a lot of sys admin stuff even is moving towards having some level of programming knowledge for faster response and resolution times, ease of troubleshooting, etc.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

38 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

How can you ask for a job without naming your qualifications?

You can guess why. LOL

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

You can guess why. LOL

Wanted to give 'em the benefit of the doubt

6 figures huh? 

If I had the answer, my salary would be higher. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

28 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

6 figures huh? 

If I had the answer, my salary would be higher. 

State of Interns these days!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

maybe QA or project mangement. also you can start at helpdesk and work your way up, you won't make 6-figure initially

19 hours ago, sideqcktv said:

hi im looking to find a tech job but i dont know what to go into. i want a job to pay atleast a 100k a year, anything but programming definitely no programming. if this help i live in indiana if that helps find a tech job for atleast 100k a year. 

I mean... You won't without experience. You'll start at 20k or 30k as an intern. You won't get to 100k without years of experience.

You could look into Cyber Security, sys admin, networking, or management after ~7 years of experience.

Have you tried hacking a bank? 

Thats a tech job that can “pay” 100,000 a year. :P 

:D:D:D  im dying here.

...ok i think im calm now..

so let me get this straight:

you want a job that has something todo with tech

pays 100k+ 

and isnt programming?

ok first of all programmers dont make 100k+ unless in maybe some big coorporation with lots of experience and since your posting on this forum im just gonna asume thats a little ..."unrealistic" for you.

and even if they did you have something againt programming? why? cause its hard? let me tell you something honey, all the other jobs in tech are way harder.

also as stated before tech nowadays is way to generic basically every job involves tech in some form. 

man id really love to know wheere you got 100k from.

you know what you could do is make your own company and then be ceo they get way more even.

of course if you fail youll live on the street but thats the game how reward comes with high risk.

have you googled what it jobs pay?

i doubt theres a lot out there that pay 100k and certainly not on day 1. and if you really want that position you usually have to study and get your diplomas and by that point youll start your wonderful new job with massive debt to go with your 100k

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

19 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

:D:D:D  im dying here.

...ok i think im calm now..

so let me get this straight:

you want a job that has something todo with tech

pays 100k+ 

and isnt programming?

ok first of all programmers dont make 100k+ unless in maybe some big coorporation with lots of experience and since your posting on this forum im just gonna asume thats a little ..."unrealistic" for you.

and even if they did you have something againt programming? why? cause its hard? let me tell you something honey, all the other jobs in tech are way harder.

also as stated before tech nowadays is way to generic basically every job involves tech in some form. 

man id really love to know wheere you got 100k from.

you know what you could do is make your own company and then be ceo they get way more even.

of course if you fail youll live on the street but thats the game how reward comes with high risk.

have you googled what it jobs pay?

i doubt theres a lot out there that pay 100k and certainly not on day 1. and if you really want that position you usually have to study and get your diplomas and by that point youll start your wonderful new job with massive debt to go with your 100k

Programmers are outsourced to India. Software engineers do not make 100k until at least 5 years into their career. Exception is silicon valley where starting salary has to be $100k or else no one can afford to live there. 

Most folks started out low and move up. Ppl don't just jump straight in balling 100k. You either move your way up a company or left your company for better pay. Both requires years of work and experience under your belt already. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 minutes ago, wasab said:

Programmers are outsourced to India. Software engineers do not make 100k until at least 5 years into their career. Exception is silicon valley where starting salary has to be $100k or else no one can afford to live there. 

Most folks started out low and move up. Ppl don't just jump straight in balling 100k. You either move your way up a company or left your company for better pay. Both requires years of work and experience under your belt already. 

can confirm the india thing, also croatia, poland and buttfuckistan. i got nothing against thos people but as a german software developer in a company that does this partly i constantly have to clean up their mess after them. yes its cheaper but it takes 5 times as long is anoying as hell for everybody involved.

i cant really speak for american salaries honestly but around here im not dreaming of making 100k. actually i wouldnt even want to since that kind of money comes with the kind of job i couldnt stand doing like "management" uhhh

im now almost 5 years in with my basic as hell education and make 40k before tax and at least in my circle of people thats already pretty good. then i also do some stuff on the side to make a little more but thats beside the point. at max i expect like 60ish k at some point but even f not that pretty good.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

14 hours ago, wasab said:

But he only wants ones that pay 100k+ USD. That pretty much throws out everything except enginneers and system administrators. 

Good luck seeing that as a system administrator for most companies. Also depends on the field for engineering.

The things I can think of off hands are
Infosec - analytical or engineering

Project management (scrum masters for example)

Red Hats (linux expert)

Management

E-discovery

and I am sure a few others I have missed

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Have you tried hacking a bank? 

Thats a tech job that can “pay” 100,000 a year. :P 

OP doesn't want anything to do with programming, so hacking isn't an option for him i guess.

Maybe a heist, but I doubt that he has the experience to do that.

28 minutes ago, wasab said:

Starting is anywhere from 30-50K depending on where you live I’d guess. 

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Good luck seeing that as a system administrator for most companies. Also depends on the field for engineering.

The things I can think of off hands are
Infosec - analytical or engineering

Project management (scrum masters for example)

Red Hats (linux expert)

Management

E-discovery

and I am sure a few others I have missed

Chief technology officer make good money too but you have to stomp over many dead bodies to get there... 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, lewdicrous said:

OP doesn't want anything to do with programming, so hacking isn't an option for him i guess.

Maybe a heist, but I doubt that he has the experience to do that.

Script kitty? xD 

Also yeah, if he’s young enough he can use Skrilix’s bangarang video for training. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Script kitty? xD 

Also yeah, if he’s young enough he can use Skrilix’s bangarang video for training. 

There are many hackers selling 0 day exploit and various hacking software on the deep web. 

Sudo make me a sandwich