[Done... For Now!] Serenity (4960x, GTX770)

It'll run a little warmer than the 3570K because it has a higher TDP, so that's absolutely normal, but your temps are way more than fine. Once you go custom loop, you'll be hitting much lower temperatures. 

On 4.2 GHz with a 3930K, I get around similar temperatures as you are getting now on 4.0 GHz, I'm at 1.305V though, can't seem to push it down any lower. 

I know :) I'm excited for the custom loop, after pricing it out it comes to around $700, so it's going to take a little while.

Have you tried playing with you BLCK to get abit more performance at that voltage? 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I know :) I'm excited for the custom loop, after pricing it out it comes to around $700, so it's going to take a little while.

Have you tried playing with you BLCK to get abit more performance at that voltage? 

Yeah, watercooling is a massive black hole of money, waterblocks and stuff are okay because I actually feel as if I'm getting my money's worth, but every time I order some fittings and pay like $50 for a couple of them my stomach churns a little :P

Not yet, as I'm working on another build at the moment, but once the holiday season is well and truly over and I'm back to more serious things, I'll probably try and get the most performance I can out of my 3930K and just be content with that. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Yeah, watercooling is a massive black hole of money, waterblocks and stuff are okay because I actually feel as if I'm getting my money's worth, but every time I order some fittings and pay like $50 for a couple of them my stomach churns a little :P

Not yet, as I'm working on another build at the moment, but once the holiday season is well and truly over and I'm back to more serious things, I'll probably try and get the most performance I can out of my 3930K and just be content with that. 

Yeah, I'd be spending $100 on fitting.

And, $50 to make a D5 look nice  :blink:  

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Yeah, I'd be spending $100 on fitting.

And, $50 to make a D5 look nice  :blink:  

Yep, it's costs like that which make me question again and again why I decided to go with custom loop water cooling. 

But it's the same with anything PC modding related though, I've seen LED strips for like $30, that overpricing.

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

• 4 weeks later...

build-log-header.pngJust a mini update, I bought and have installed me Xonar DGX soundcard. I have to say, it is an improvement over the built in. Better bass and abit more detail. I like it.

soundcard.jpg

15" MBP TB

build-log-header.png

Just a mini update, I bought and have installed me Xonar DGX soundcard. I have to say, it is an improvement over the built in. Better bass and abit more detail. I like it.

*snip*

new update so smexy

I really like that M/B, would love to do a build with it and a 12 core Xeon.

Looking forward to the wetness. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I really like that M/B, would love to do a build with it and a 12 core Xeon.

Looking forward to the wetness. :D

:o 2697w in this board, that would be crazy!

15" MBP TB

:o 2697w in this board, that would be crazy!

IKR?! :D

Same amount of cores as  my dual-CPU HELIOS, plus newer  architecture. I might be able

to keep up in some applications with a serious overclock (the one advantage of LGA1366

and Westmere on the SR-2), but overall I doubt it. Ah well, progress marches on...

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

IKR?! :D

Same amount of cores as  my dual-CPU HELIOS, plus newer  architecture. I might be able

to keep up in some applications with a serious overclock (the one advantage of LGA1366

and Westmere on the SR-2), but overall I doubt it. Ah well, progress marches on...

The nice thing about this board is the ECC RAM support, and the Xeon support. 

Literally, in a few years or whenever I upgrade, this is going to be made into one bad ass server.

15" MBP TB

Literally, in a few years or whenever I upgrade, this is going to be made into one bad ass server.

Can I has the heatsink? :D

Can I has the heatsink? :D

The dark rock pro? Hmm... That's a toughie :P

15" MBP TB

The dark rock pro? Hmm... That's a toughie :P

No the one on the south bridge of the motherboard.

No the one on the south bridge of the motherboard.

LOL, that one is really nice, isn't it :D

15" MBP TB

Yes yes it is. My guess as to why its so big is that iit has to cool that LSI controller.

Oh, I like the way you think. :D

Yes yes it is. My guess as to why its so big is that iit has to cool that LSI controller.

I concur, that is one badass heatsink. :wub:

I concur, that is one badass heatsink. :wub:

Too bad ASUS blew it with their Z87 boards (gold, really? Really? Who ever has asked for a gold motherboard?!).

I can't wait to put dominator platinum in this build :D

15" MBP TB

Too bad ASUS blew it with their Z87 boards (gold, really? Really? Who ever has asked for a gold motherboard?!).

I think I read once somewhere that they're primarily targeting

the far-eastern markets with that colour scheme, don't have

any reliable sources on that one though.

I'm not that much of a fan of the gold, but I don't really mind

it as much as other people seem to. But yeah, I much prefer something

looking more professional, such as yours. :)

After a bit more research it doesnt coover a LAII controller but you know what it really should ;)

I think they look good at least my X79-Deluxe does its mostly black though with just the heatsinks being gold.

For dominator platinum's yo uhave two options take the top bars off which i have done, it actually looks quite nice like the older dominator GT or paint them go which I am contemplating doing.

As for who want the color asians to put it bluntly. But im kinda glad it there as ive been bored of the standard colors for some time.

I think I read once somewhere that they're primarily targeting

the far-eastern markets with that colour scheme, don't have

any reliable sources on that one though.

I'm not that much of a fan of the gold, but I don't really mind

it as much as other people seem to. But yeah, I much prefer something

looking more professional, such as yours. :)

That board needs more black and less blue.

I think they look good at least my X79-Deluxe does its mostly black though with just the heatsinks being gold.

For dominator platinum's yo uhave two options take the top bars off which i have done, it actually looks quite nice like the older dominator GT or paint them go which I am contemplating doing.

As for who want the color asians to put it bluntly. But im kinda glad it there as ive been bored of the standard colors for some time.

Thought so. I do like that it's something different for a change, even if it

doesn't necessarily cater to my tastes (and it might still grow on me over

time ;)). And if colour-coordinated properly it can look very nice in a build.

My favourite colour scheme (apart from just all-out black with some slight

dark gray maybe) are probably MSI's blue/black boards (e.g. the Z77A-GD65).

It's nothing too original, but the blue on those boards is absolutely gorgeous

IMHO (looks a lot better than the Asus blue, which I also have a board in).

That board needs more black and less blue.

Oh, this in a black edition, now that would be awesome! :wub:

My favourite colour scheme (apart from just all-out black with some slight

dark gray maybe) are probably MSI's blue/black boards (e.g. the Z77A-GD65).

It's nothing too original, but the blue on those boards is absolutely gorgeous

IMHO (looks a lot better than the Asus blue, which I also have a board in).

We seem to have really similar tastes (first build)

8351534378_8468775351_c.jpg

Z77A-GD65 :wub:

15" MBP TB

[...img...]

Hehe, indeed. It's a bit of a shame IMHO that MSI have decided to relegate blue

to non-high-end boards. I mean, sure their yellow ond the MPower and XPower is

pretty nice (and it's definitely recognizeable), and I guess that they went with

red on their gaming lines due to the ROG boards, but their shade of blue is just

sublime IMHO.

I still love looking at ZEUS with its Z77A-GD65, the blue Kingston RAM and the

blue Monsoon fittings, I really like how that turned out. :wub:

Posted Image

Nice ram man!

Hehe, indeed. It's a bit of a shame IMHO that MSI have decided to relegate blue

to non-high-end boards. I mean, sure their yellow ond the MPower and XPower is

pretty nice (and it's definitely recognizeable), and I guess that they went with

red on their gaming lines due to the ROG boards, but their shade of blue is just

sublime IMHO.

I still love looking at ZEUS with its Z77A-GD65, the blue Kingston RAM and the

blue Monsoon fittings, I really like how that turned out. :wub:

Yeah, MSI did a great job on that board. And I still don't understand why ASUS doesn't use right angle USB 3.0 headers.

15" MBP TB