Issues: BSOD followed by not detecting SSD

Sindroms

Good day.

I have recently encountered an issue after a hardware upgrade done to my home station.

The specs are an ASUS Z370-H, i7-8700k (No OC due to the troubleshooting), a Kingston SHFS37A120G (which is suspected as the issue) and a Toshiba DT01ACA100, all running on Windows 10 Home.

The system was installed a few days ago and started having this issue very recently, where I would come back after a period of time to find my PC in its BIOS recovery mode and with the Kingston SSD not listed as a boot option, which is a bit of a shame since it is in fact my system drive. Sometimes the PC would also not post and enter the UEFI screen without booting into Windows 10. Only now I had the chance to witness the issue first hand when the PC bluescreened in the middle of a gaming session (game is located on the 1TB mechanical drive) but the screen disappeared too quickly for me to get a good glance at it. When the PC restarted, it went straight into the UEFI with the system drive invisible.

The issue seems to solve itself after a few reboots and seems to persist across all sata connections.

After some googling, I found that this might be an issue with the current storage settings, but the entry was from 2015 and spoke of a similar issue with an M.2 ssd, and might not be relevant three years later or with this board. The PC currently is using its default bios version in the way it came with the mobo.

If anyone has had this sort of experience and knows what's up, please do tell.

Sindrom's Discovery Freelancer Youtube Channel

2015 AMD FX-8350 @4.5ghz | Gainward GTX 960 Phantom | 8GB Kingston 1600 | Asus M5A97 R2.0

2018 Intel i7-8700k @4.2ghz | ROG GTX 1070 | 16GB Adata @2400 | Asus ROG STRIX Z370-H

A few additional notes.

The SSD is two years old with no issues currently detected via HDTune. The PC is running a clean install of Win10 that was introduced along with the new hardware. 

Sindrom's Discovery Freelancer Youtube Channel

2015 AMD FX-8350 @4.5ghz | Gainward GTX 960 Phantom | 8GB Kingston 1600 | Asus M5A97 R2.0

2018 Intel i7-8700k @4.2ghz | ROG GTX 1070 | 16GB Adata @2400 | Asus ROG STRIX Z370-H

Kingston SSDs are pretty crap, I would suggest replacing it asap.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020