In-depth RTX demonstration on Battlefield V

17 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Go buy it then.

I have no plans to buy a 10 series or 20 series, doesnt mean that you're not talking out of your ass about 144FPS and not understanding how the video game industry works

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

5 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

I have no plans to buy a 10 series or 20 series, doesnt mean that you're talking out of your ass about 144FPS and not understanding how the video game industry works

You're right, I just "don't get it".

Just buy it.

The more GPU's you buy, the more money you save.

Giant Enemy Crabs.

1 minute ago, maartendc said:

You're right, I just "don't get it".

Just buy it.

The more GPU's you buy, the more money you save.

No one here is saying go buy 2080ti in SLI just to enjoy reflections. You clearly dont realize who you're speaking to, maybe go check my post history if thats what you think I'm advocating for.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Spoiler
On 8/29/2018 at 2:00 AM, S w a t s o n said:

so $999 for this? https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Turbo-Type-C-Graphics-TURBO-RTX2080TI-11G/dp/B07GK2LWDL

ahahahahaahaha

1080ti FE launch price: 699

2080ti FE launch price: 1199

Holy fuck I didn't realize the gap was that large, what the fuck is jensen smoking. Titan only existed from 700 series onward so it really isn't a given that there should be a 1000+ price tier. If they were gonna charge titan pricing they should have at least made it a proper titan card with double precision and full 12gb of ram.

Me laughing at their pricing model

Spoiler
On 8/29/2018 at 1:21 AM, S w a t s o n said:

Why are you trying to look at the pros and cons of the product when we're talking about GPP and other shady shit. Turing being good or shit is pretty irrelevant even if people are saying its because of performance.

What Nvidia is doing is wrong, idc if turing is 3x faster than pascal in purely shader workloads

Me shitting on Nvidia for being Nvidia

Spoiler
On 8/24/2018 at 6:50 PM, S w a t s o n said:

So the 1080ti running the demo was using TXAA and SSAA vs just DLSS on the 2080ti? That's probably why.

You pretty much do not need AA if you're already running SSAA, sure more is better but running both is suicide for your framerate

I should point out that SSAA alone is usually suicide for framerate, you're literally asking the gpu to render 2x or 4x (for 2x and 4x supersampling) the number of pixels and then downsample to output resolution

Me pointing out Nvidia being misleading with test results

Meanwhile almost everything I post about AMD is positive, but please tell me again about how I think you should go buy these cards. I'm here for raytracing as a technology, idgaf about Nvidia. AMD will do their version too and I hope it's better

53 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

I'm most interested in how raytracing is going to be implemented in the next round of consoles. That'll really cause it to take off. 

either AMD would have to create a gpu capable of doing ray tracing or the next consoles would have to use NVIDIA gpus. I would imagine that they will stick to AMD for the purpose of having a better cpu gpu combo than NVIDIA. 

33 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

either AMD would have to create a gpu capable of doing ray tracing or the next consoles would have to use NVIDIA gpus. I would imagine that they will stick to AMD for the purpose of having a better cpu gpu combo than NVIDIA. 

AMD dont really have a choice, if they dont have raytracing by the cards that come right after navi they are fucked because nvidia will probably release ampere or w/e they call their 7nm gpu after navi which will be rtx gen 2

8 hours ago, maartendc said:

Whatever, judging by what they showed, the tech is not ready. The games that will support it are few, it cannot do 144 fps with raytracing turned on, it cannot go beyond 1080p with raytracing turned on, etc. etc.

So if besides adding raytracing, they are not improving the non-ray-traced performance by at least 30% from 1080Ti to 2080Ti, you can't expect people willing to pay a lot more than 50% or so in terms of price increase, not double the price.

I am glad they are getting pushback for this. The value is just not there, the cards are not worth the money, and Nvidia thought they could get away with it because they have zero competition in the high end market.

As others have said, that's not true.  It has already demonstrated a 30%+ improvement over the 1080 and we don't know where the RT is going to go as it is still new and there is plenty of space for optimizations.  

As I have said all the way through this thread and all the others since the price was announced,  Whilst I have no intention of buying it, it is not overpriced for what it is.  Like it or not it provides a sufficient performance improvement and it offers new tech.  Which btw, with 11 games already supporting it is faster adoption than many new technologies in the Gaming space.

EDIT: And saying something is not worth it without all the information is as bad as that toms article claiming it is worth it without all the information.  Work on the facts at hand not the regurgitated fanboy noise. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just want to put this out there: Every single 2080/2080ti preorder at work was sold out within an hour of the presentation and have remained as such since. If Nvidia is getting "pushback" its clearly not enough to matter to them.

7 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

AMD dont really have a choice, if they dont have raytracing by the cards that come right after navi they are fucked because nvidia will probably release ampere or w/e they call their 7nm gpu after navi which will be rtx gen 2

That could be the case but based on everyone's initial reactions I am unsure if they need to. If they priced their gpus competitively but lacked the feature maybe all the people complaining about the Turing pricing will buy that instead. 

I didn't preorder a card, but man, I reckon in a years time or maybe even only half that, everyone will be asking themselves how they ever gamed without raytracing technology.

For me, this is groundbreaking innovation. I remember playing Duke Nukem Forever and there's this big mirror in his bathroom and it just looks horrible. Back then I was asking my self why they couldn't bother rendering that properly.

Now I know.

The future is nigh!

Seriously though, I'll buy the card once there's benchmarks and reviews published, no matter the outcome.