PLEASE HELP :( URGENT; corrupted HDD while trying to open in UBUNTU

Frazman00
2 hours ago, M-Wolf said:

Well, they allow you to recover up to 1 GB of data for free. For any more, you have to pay the 70$ A crack is almost always piracy, especially if you haven't bought any license for the software. But this is definitely the wrong thread for such a discussion.

A small sense of humor required. :)

But seriously - do you see anywhere on main page that this program is paid? Any "buy now" button? No, on front page everywhere is "free", when you search in google you see it's "free", you must scroll down their website and looking much harder for discover that this is paid program, not free. Is it somehow better than piracy? Scam is not better imo.

"(...) especially if you haven't bought any license for the software (...)"

Sorry, but you cannot buy something that is free. :)

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

A small sense of humor required. :)

But seriously - do you see anywhere on main page that this program is paid? Any "buy now" button? No, on front page everywhere is "free", when you search in google you see it's "free", you must scroll down their website and looking much harder for discover that this is paid program, not free. Is it somehow better than piracy? Scam is not better imo.

"(...) especially if you haven't bought any license for the software (...)"

Sorry, but you cannot buy something that is free. :)

I get what you mean, but the trial is free... just with a limit...

CPU Intel i7 8700k; Motherboard AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0); RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz C15; GPU eVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming iCX; Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB; Storage Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB; PSU Corsair RM650x; Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HUA 27" WQHD 144Hz G-sync; Cooling Corsair H100i; Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown); Mouse ZOWIE EC2-A (400dpi); Sound Corsair Gaming H2100 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset; Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Just used DMDE and I can say that this is a FANTASTIC Software - Free version does not have many restrictions... AAAANNND I was able to get ~120GB of stuff off of it... most pictures seem fine (uncorrupted), so I've been able to retrieve them and other stuff!!

Drive is still not accessible through windows, however, so I'll have to try and REPAIR it now, rather than just RESTORING data, because I think i have most of it now :))

Thanks all so much for your help!!

P.S, do you think that it's my Hard-drive's boot sector damaged or something? because windows cant open it, but data inside seems fine? Know any tools for repairing this? testdisk maybe? 

Cheers!

CPU Intel i7 8700k; Motherboard AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0); RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz C15; GPU eVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming iCX; Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB; Storage Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB; PSU Corsair RM650x; Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HUA 27" WQHD 144Hz G-sync; Cooling Corsair H100i; Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown); Mouse ZOWIE EC2-A (400dpi); Sound Corsair Gaming H2100 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset; Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit

58 minutes ago, Frazman00 said:

Just used DMDE and I can say that this is a FANTASTIC Software - Free version does not have many restrictions... AAAANNND I was able to get ~120GB of stuff off of it... most pictures seem fine (uncorrupted), so I've been able to retrieve them and other stuff!!

Drive is still not accessible through windows, however, so I'll have to try and REPAIR it now, rather than just RESTORING data, because I think i have most of it now :))

Thanks all so much for your help!!

P.S, do you think that it's my Hard-drive's boot sector damaged or something? because windows cant open it, but data inside seems fine? Know any tools for repairing this? testdisk maybe? 

Cheers!

Partition information is corrupted, Windows doesn't know it's NTFS. You may be able to use TestDisk or EaseUS to restore or create new partition info without wiping the disk. I personally recommend TestDisk as I've used it in the past for an accidentally quick formatted drive, but it does have a learning curve.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

10 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Partition information is corrupted, Windows doesn't know it's NTFS. You may be able to use TestDisk or EaseUS to restore or create new partition info without wiping the disk. I personally recommend TestDisk as I've used it in the past for an accidentally quick formatted drive, but it does have a learning curve.

Yeah, was thinking of using testdisk - I started using it on linus the other day but it was kinda intimidating xD Might watch some youtube tutorials first ;) Thanks for the reply