Anti Net Neurality Advertising on LTT Videos

Not sure if anyone else is gettting these ads while watching LTT videos. Wonder if the guys have a say over what is playing, I know they have multiple videos expressing their views on the subject. It was called “Alternatives to Net Neutrality” and very deceptive PragerU like video: 

Hope they find a way to have a say over what is being advertised on their channel.

IIRC The youtubers don't have a say in exactly which ads get played. That's up to Google/Youtube.

I don't think YouTube gives them control over what's shown against their videos, unfortunately.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

There are ads on the internet?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

@Slick and @nicklmg should be aware of this. If not, at least we let them know. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Alerting @LinusTech

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

WHO CARES?
I would say my opinion on the matter but frankly the CS restricts me from really talking about it because of how it's enforced.

And no, PragerU isn't deceptive.

Content Creators have no choice over what ads play on their videos, it's a lottery system.

Stop yer whining.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

it's (morally) forced prostitution if you accept money from your abusers.

less so in OP's case, but this tool is necessary.

There's a difference tho

And I was getting at the point being that the PragerU ad shouldn't mean that much to OP.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

They can't choose what ads are shown on their videos, that's part of the reason they do their own sponsor spots. They even said that they don't really care if you use adblock on their channel, most of their income comes from elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I would say my opinion on the matter but frankly the CS restricts me from really talking about it because of how it's enforced.

Mods are pretty hands-off as long as the conversation is civil in my experience.

9 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

If, for example, I tell you that it is and its creators are charlatans who take advantage of the uninformed without personally attacking you, it should be fine.

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

they do.

Really? Can you choose which ads from which companies play? It's not what I've heard from various creators, but then I can't really fact check them.

5 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Right but like what's the deal, money is money. Jesus.

Uhm... hardly. That's gangster mentality...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

it's the opposite, they can choose which ads to disallow/not play. unfortunately that would mean someone deciding to advertise on the channel first, then having someone to actually see the ad (i.e. be aware of the infracting ad) before blocking, so yeah

I'm surprised they haven't already blocked PragerU ; I know I would

She/they 

10 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

it's the opposite, they can choose which ads to disallow/not play. unfortunately that would mean someone deciding to advertise on the channel first, then having someone to actually see the ad (i.e. be aware of the infracting ad) before blocking, so yeah

Oh ok, that's different. Blacklisting every bad advertiser probably isn't really an option... but maybe @CPotter can do something about this one in particular?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Deceptive, no. Horribly offensive and stupid, yes

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

27 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

@Sauron okay i'll have to temper my brief overview about it a little ,_,

• you can block target URLs that ads are trying to bring you over, but current google policy doesn't allow you going through that ad to find out where they are and copypaste-block that URL (which i find pretty much defeats the purpose of blocking)
  • there's a 500 item list limit. wait 'till china removes their firewall.
  • you can block via youtube video classification/category, but really the nuances (and gaming) of the category tags would be quite the obvious exploit
  • the blacklist will affect all channels under the same multi-channel network

sometimes I wonder if I should turn off adsense completely if it were me.

Ol' Hank to the rescue :D

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Deceptive, no. Horribly offensive and stupid, yes

How so? I find the actual Youtube produced propaganda and Susan Wojicki's content far more offensive than any Prager U ad ive ever seen. That being said, idk wtf Prager U is other than some random ads ive seen.

17 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

How so? I find the actual Youtube produced propaganda and Susan Wojicki's content far more offensive than any Prager U ad ive ever seen. That being said, idk wtf Prager U is other than some random ads ive seen.

their ads before videos are promoting extremist views and putting out very false information

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/how-prager-university-consistently-spreads-propaganda-on-youtube

This guy is very biased, but he points out some basic lies that prager ads spout. 

There's plenty of articles about them and even a petition to have them removed from being an ad partner for their offensive content. I myself have sent several emails to google about it.

https://www.change.org/p/google-youtube-keep-prager-u-s-videos-in-restricted-content-and-remove-their-ads

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/10/05/youtube-allows-horrifically-transphobic-advertising-on-its-videos/

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dennis_Prager

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/19/1635270/-Prager-University-How-Billionaires-Proselytize-Rightwing-Ignorance-to-Children

Here's some examples:

The Trump-backing radio host has claimed that it is a “left-wing lie” to say straight people get AIDS.

When it comes to relationships there's no one to go to for worse advice than the Pragernater. This is made especially apparent in his essay "When a Woman Isn't In the Mood: Part II" where he gives eight reasons as to why women should submit to having sex with their husbands even when they’re not in the mood.

While the typical lesbian has had fewer than ten "lovers," the typical male homosexual in America has had over 500.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.