How hard can headphones cable take?

Austin Powers

Earlier today my sister ran and rush to the front of the television to take the wireless phone at the back at the television because dad calls. So this shit happens, she ran and stepped on my headphone wire that is already plugged in. The wire comes off due to the impact she stepped.

JWSXVqd.jpg

Anyway, if the phones starts to die, is it possible to change the wires?

EDIT : I forgot, she somehow avoid stepping on the other cable because that braided cable skin is hard like a rock.

i would worry more about the socket than the cable

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Confused, so what do you want to know cause first you talk about a phone then headphone wires :L , so what exactly do you need to know? , the socket is more fragile than a wire 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Confused, so what do you want to know cause first you talk about a phone then headphone wires :L , so what exactly do you need to know? , the socket is more fragile than a wire 

Um, I wanted to know if there is any chance the headphones will die if she stepped on the wire and it comes out unnaturally?

Um, I wanted to know if there is any chance the headphones will die if she stepped on the wire and it comes out unnaturally?

yes their is a chance but you would notice as the wire out be yanked out of the headphones them selves/ crackling it the sound coming though the headphones

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

i dont think the wire, but i do think the socket might die

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

yes their is a chance but you would notice as the wire out be yanked out of the headphones them selves/ crackling it the sound coming though the headphones

i dont think the wire, but i do think the socket might die

Well, not going to RMA it, I make her pay for a new one if the sound cranks up or static sound starts to barge in through the headphone speakers. I'm controlling my anger, if it dies, I'm going to rage on her face  >.<.

Well, not going to RMA it, I make her pay for a new one if the sound cranks up or static sound starts to barge in through the headphone speakers. I'm controlling my anger, if it dies, I'm going to rage on her face  >.<.

"I'm going to rage on her face" - Austin Powers, 2014

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

You should be fine, the amount of times I have ripped my headset cable out of things by mistake is well... very high. The Socket might take some damage if the plug pulled out in a really angular direction, for a straight pull out the things are designed to release fairly easily to avoid damage.

This applies to other things like laptop power cables which release if the cable is pulled, This is why I love the macbook magnetic chargers. I really wish they could do something like that for headphones.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

No though, she's on period maybe. Sometimes she threw herself on the sofa taking a rest and mumble saying that "why is it so hot and headache". When she did something wrong or something like above she done. I asked her nicely "Did you step on my headphones wire?". She never admit that she step but I saw her step because I was sleeping and the phone rang to make me wake up. But before I could rush to get the phone, she was there, rushing before I get them. The part she didn't admit, I asked her countless times but in a different way until I break the egg without raging or shouting at her until she gave up. She know she did something wrong, she yelled at me as though I'm the one who in the wrong side. This usually happens, when she yelled at me back in other incident, dad always come and whack and slap me for no reason and there is nothing to prove. I never do anything wrong. Final thing, when I yell at someone if I'm not wrong in the event, I always ended up beaten by my dad for no reason. But dad always accuse me because I'm the eldest.

For many headphones, it's easy to do a removable cable mod, or just replace the cable. Pretty easy if you know how to solder.