AMD Radeon Pro V340 - First Dual Vega GPU

33 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

crank the cooler up to 100% permanently and have a good ventilated Server chassi.

its a card for datacenters basically where noise does not matter.

He asked that question because the card has no inbuilt fan.

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

So it's just a refined Vega on better node, refined flagship really, not generational jump. Navi is last of GCN no. 

VEGA 20 is said to have 4 HBM Stacks so around double or even more bandwith of VEGA 10.

But not only that, it also has 1/2 Double Precision (=64bit)  performance like Hawaii...

And also other changes, that are also more for Server and HPC market like support for Infinite Fabric for example...

18 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

So how do you cool this thing?

You put it in a server rack that has the specified airflow that is required to use this card.

In these cards specification shee tthere is a point with Airflow and Airpreassure requirements.

Though I don't know if those specifications are openly available for the people.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

VEGA 20 is said to have 4 HBM Stacks so around double or even more bandwith of VEGA 10.

But not only that, it also has 1/2 Double Precision (=64bit)  performance like Hawaii...

And also other changes, that are also more for Server and HPC market like support for Infinite Fabric for example...

Ok though it's still GCN with same number of stream processors and we still don't know about next consumer cards what they'll release.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

If i understand correctly this VDI card will be able to show properly on each VMs of a rack mount ?

I am currently looking to run an automated Solidworks farm and Solidworks doesn't install at all on any VM we tried most likely due to "Generic adapter" for video card.

But this technically should show as AMD Vega "whatever" ?

Our current solution is running dozen of physical computer with 4 sessions each but that take enormous space and cost alot. This looks like a miracle solution.

9 minutes ago, Franck said:

If i understand correctly this VDI card will be able to show properly on each VMs of a rack mount ?

I am currently looking to run an automated Solidworks farm and Solidworks doesn't install at all on any VM we tried most likely due to "Generic adapter" for video card.

Our current solution is running dozen of physical computer with 4 sessions each but that take enormous space and cost alot. This looks like a miracle solution.

Not sure, but I hope it ends up being a good solution for your company.

11 minutes ago, Franck said:

Yes but Nvidia also has options for this as well, have a look in to the requirements of both to see which best fits.

Just now, leadeater said:

Yes but Nvidia also has options for this as well, have a look in to the requirements of both to see which best fits.

What are similar Nvidia option ?. We have big issue with Solidwork on AMD cards. We can work around them but not all the time. We know it works flawlessly on Nvidia and since those computers are technically zombies creating parts and assembly, cnc etc we rather find the most stable solution possible.

21 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Im holding out aswell. Not because i want to, not because i have to, not because i cant afford the RTX 2080ti, no its because im going to be a cheapskate about it. 

Not buying one of the new gpus that is 600+ isn't really being a cheapskate. Making a decision after both companies have their new cards out is a good decision. Not to say that buying one of the new nvidia gpus is a bad decision. I mean I am buying the 2080ti but I would say it is a bit of a questionable decision to buy it prior to benchmarks but oh well. 

10 hours ago, Franck said:

What are similar Nvidia option ?. We have big issue with Solidwork on AMD cards. We can work around them but not all the time. We know it works flawlessly on Nvidia and since those computers are technically zombies creating parts and assembly, cnc etc we rather find the most stable solution possible.

There are Quadro, Telsa and GRID GPUs made for or support VDI implementations. We have a VMware Horizon VDI cluster that has 2 Telsa M40 or P40 GPUs per server in them that we have people doing photo and video editing off of.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/solutions/virtualization/

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

This is not Vega20 apparently, read the OP for more details

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

AMD Radeon Pro V340 – The Specifications

The card is equipped with dual Vega 56 GPUs, that’s 7168 stream processors packed in 112 CUs (3584 stream processors / 56 CUs per GPU), based on the 14nm FinFET GPU architecture. These cards will also come with 32 GB of HBM2 VRAM (16 GB per GPU), delivering up to 512 GB/s of raw bandwidth across a 4096-bit memory interface (per GPU). The card comes in a passive cooled, dual slot design which is ideal for data centres and is said to feature a TDP of 300W. The card features dual 8-pin power connectors to boot.

The heatsink is also a thing to talk about as it packs dual vapour chamber blocks with aluminium fins for heat dissipation. The support bracket comes with a thick heat pipe that is outlined along the whole power delivery system. There’s also a nice backplate that goes on the black. The shroud uses the Radeon Pro blue and black colours which we are looking at for some time now.Some key features of the AMD Radeon Pro V340 graphics card are listed below:

MxGPU Hardware Virtualization Technology.

Up to 32 Virtual Machines (VMs) per card.

Two Virtualized Encode Engines to compress independent video streams in H.264 or H.265 formats.

Remote Management tools to monitor a range of static and dynamic GPU information.

Two GPUs based on the advanced “VEGA” architecture.

56 x2 CU Compute Units to accelerate demanding workloads.

State-of-the-art memory technology: 32GB of HBM2 Memory.

Enhanced Security Engine to enable hardware isolated VMs.

An ideal use case of this GPU would be to pair it up with a 32 Core AMD EPYC CPU or if you are a content creator, you can always use that AMD Ryzen Threadripper WX series (2990 and 2970WX) and couple them up with the Pro V340 for massive amounts of CPU cores and GPU compute units, running in tandem, for unprecedented amounts of Compute and virtualization features.

Personal Note: I can't see this being anywhere close to a gaming card, especially when considering the price that is sure to be astronomical. 

17 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Vega was far out of efficiency regardless of good or bad dies. Tbh, good on AMD making some profit selling Vega to Apple.

This reminds me of the dual AMD solution in the 2013 Mac Pro, maybe in the upcoming refresh we will see this card.

1 hour ago, tabun said:

Personal Note: I can't see this being anywhere close to a gaming card, especially when considering the price that is sure to be astronomical. 

I want to see some madlad buy this and try to see if crossfire in supported games will work lmfao

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

12 hours ago, leadeater said:

There are Quadro, Telsa and GRID GPUs made for or support VDI implementations. We have a VMware Horizon VDI cluster that has 2 Telsa M40 or P40 GPUs per server in them that we have people doing photo and video editing off of.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/solutions/virtualization/

oh thanks. that sounds very good. We are looking for about 20 VMs so that solution come really cheap compare to one ~2500$ video card per PC.

10 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

I want to see some madlad buy this and try to see if crossfire in supported games will work lmfao

Linus will probably do it lol. It would be an interesting alternative in the 100,000 PC project.