Voxels-Box

Full PC specs here

Main specs:
AMD 1700X
Asus Crosshair VI Hero
Asus GTX 1080 ti
Corsair DDR4 3000 4x8gb
Windows 10

So last night while getting started at the computer, I tapped the keyboard to wake it up, and then plugged in my USB flash drive, which may have caused the system to power down completely. I thought it went back to sleep, but after plugging in the drive, it never woke back up. The only light on the mobo was the red indicator light at the bottom right.

I went through the usual troubleshooting, and found that it I unplugged all USB devices from the mobo, it was able to turn back on.
I then plugged devices back in, and it seemed to work.
This morning, my fiancee went to go play games and the same problem occurred again.
I unplugged the ethernet, usb 3.1 Gen 2 Type A (to a powered 7 port USB hub) and the USB 3.1 gen 2 Type C (goes to a 4 port USB C hub)
It worked after unplugging those items. I then left for work, so I dont know if the issue has repeated, but it seems likely.
Could plugging in my flash drive while the PC was starting up caused a problem?
Any suggestions for resolving this and preventing it from happening again.

Notes: I have a ton of USB devices and all USB ports on the motherboard are utilized. Devices used: Corsair K70 rgb, Wacom tablet, Senheisser DAC, Scarlet Solo, card reader, a couple phone cables, a usb2.o to usb2.0 internal header, and a few other things. The wireless dongles for the mouse and a spare wireless keyboard are connected to the 4 port USB 3.1 Type C hub.

Thank you!

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

this is extremely peculiar, and seems like a familiar problem I had. I'll have to experiment on my own rig, and see if I can get anything useful out of it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad