Something is definitely going on here.......

ukLz

duh.   okay so..   I installed Win 10 recently, installed Steam today, all drivers up-to-date, all fine...  Suddenly when I decided to run PAYDAY 2 and play a little, THIS started to happen:

i will not say anything else than I already updated gpu drivers and idk what truly could be a problem?   this is 100th problem about performance since I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 only few days ago..   I'm not really getting along with 10.   however, any solution?    I'm very desperate about this since this is only one of the problems in a row so far

6 minutes ago, ukLz said:

duh.   okay so..   I installed Win 10 recently, installed Steam today, all drivers up-to-date, all fine...  Suddenly when I decided to run PAYDAY 2 and play a little, THIS started to happen:

i will not say anything else than I already updated gpu drivers and idk what truly could be a problem?   this is 100th problem about performance since I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 only few days ago..   I'm not really getting along with 10.   however, any solution?    I'm very desperate about this since this is only one of the problems in a row so far

What are your PC specs?

Just now, Slottr said:

I don't know if i'm missing anything here but it looks fine?

I can see it. it lags a ton when he moves from area to area and when other players are present.

it could honestly be a ton of different things causing that. like network speed on your end or theirs , or windows 10 just clogging up the drive with activity becuase it has to send the nsa your vacation photos every hour or so.

10 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I don't know if i'm missing anything here but it looks fine?

FPS counter is bouncing between 15-40FPS. CPU and GPU usage (if that is what it's showing) are bouncing between 20-40% usage.

Edit: Example
image.png.c7a51482de5d5a1ed6c25cede31e74ca.png

@ukLz It will help if you post the specs of your computer.  What CPU and what GPU are you using?
Also, how much RAM does your system have?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 minutes ago, ukLz said:

I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 only few days ago.. 

Can you describe how you did this?

Did you properly clean install windows 10?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

try reinstalling windows. it really may help. and also is it with other games or payday only

9 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

What are your PC specs?

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

FPS counter is bouncing between 15-40FPS. CPU and GPU usage (if that is what it's showing) are bouncing between 20-40% usage.

Edit: Example
image.png.c7a51482de5d5a1ed6c25cede31e74ca.png

@ukLz It will help if you post the specs of your computer.  What CPU and what GPU are you using?
Also, how much RAM does your system have?

My detailed specs:

Intel Core  i5-4460  @  3.40GHz

1stick of Kingston  8GB DDR3 1600MHz

ASUS H81M-R

MSI  GTX 750Ti  2GB  GDDR5  OC

Kingston  UV400  120gb

TOSHIBA  1TB  7200RPM  SATA3

1 minute ago, Airpewdiepie said:

try reinstalling windows. it really may help. and also is it with other games or payday only

No, not all games.  Today I played Cuisine Royal with friends, it worked good. I played Fortnite aswell, it also worked pretty good as expected.  And at the early morning I was playing GTA San Andreas  Multiplayer  with friends, no problems.

My personal idea was to test each of the games after I reinstalled Windows 10 in order to see any performance difference in 10 compared to 7 all the time until I switched to 10. Most of results are positive, only thing that made me so disappointed is this issue right here.

BUT.....  To be honest with you all...   I DID change some settings at Nvidia Control panel in order to gain better performance in certain games.   MAYBE it might be the reason since PAYDAY 2  game was working JUST FINE until this time after putting Windows 10 first time on this particular rig.   (cuz i've been using 7 ever since xd)

1 minute ago, ukLz said:

No, not all games.  Today I played Cuisine Royal with friends, it worked good. I played Fortnite aswell, it also worked pretty good as expected.  And at the early morning I was playing GTA San Andreas  Multiplayer  with friends, no problems.

My personal idea was to test each of the games after I reinstalled Windows 10 in order to see any performance difference in 10 compared to 7 all the time until I switched to 10. Most of results are positive, only thing that made me so disappointed is this issue right here.

BUT.....  To be honest with you all...   I DID change some settings at Nvidia Control panel in order to gain better performance in certain games.   MAYBE it might be the reason since PAYDAY 2  game was working JUST FINE until this time after putting Windows 10 first time on this particular rig.   (cuz i've been using 7 ever since xd)

it would be nice if you could tell your specs. and have you overclocked anything

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yes.  btw, the genuine reason for switching from 7 to 10 is that I received my UV400 ssd few days ago, and finally I had an opportunity to reinstall windows, but this time try luck with 10. Since many friends of mine recommended me  like:  "dude, switch to 10, it's much better for games..:", etc,etc...

Other than that.. Yes, win10 has been successfully activated yet after installation and everything seems to work fine so far...  but this.

1 minute ago, Airpewdiepie said:

it would be nice if you could tell your specs. and have you overclocked anything

I already wrote at previous post:

6 minutes ago, ukLz said:

My detailed specs:

Intel Core  i5-4460  @  3.40GHz

1stick of Kingston  8GB DDR3 1600MHz

ASUS H81M-R

MSI  GTX 750Ti  2GB  GDDR5  OC

Kingston  UV400  120gb

TOSHIBA  1TB  7200RPM  SATA3

4 minutes ago, ukLz said:

Try verifying the games integrity in steam for Payday 2. (Right click the game in your steam list, Properties, Local Files, Verify integrity)

4 minutes ago, ukLz said:

BUT.....  To be honest with you all...   I DID change some settings at Nvidia Control panel in order to gain better performance in certain games.   MAYBE it might be the reason since PAYDAY 2  game was working JUST FINE until this time after putting Windows 10 first time on this particular rig. 

Run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and install the latest Nvidia drivers for your card from the Nvidia website.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

then looks like it may be software relted. You actually need to reinstall windows. it aint that hard

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Try verifying the games integrity in steam for Payday 2. (Right click the game in your steam list, Properties, Local Files, Verify integrity)

Run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and install the latest Nvidia drivers for your card from the Nvidia website.

Alright, I'll try with veriyfing games integrity first...

So basically I just re-install nvidia's graphic drivers?  Ok, will be done unless verifying games doesn't help.

Check Nvidia control panel power settings for Payday and check it's set to prefer max performance

2 minutes ago, Airpewdiepie said:

then looks like it may be software relted. You actually need to reinstall windows. it aint that hard

Ain't that hard,yes, I know...   But last time it took me like several hours since I got bunch of stuff from past softwares to re-configure since I'm not used to that as before, heh

But nevertheless, If none of the above helped, then i'll consider reinstalling it again.

1 minute ago, ukLz said:

Ain't that hard,yes, I know...   But last time it took me like several hours since I got bunch of stuff from past softwares to re-configure since I'm not used to that as before, heh

But nevertheless, If none of the above helped, then i'll consider reinstalling it again.

windows also has an option to reinstall but to keep all your data. but it uninstalls all programs. if you dont like to reconfigure all ur apps then backup is ur friend

On 8/23/2018 at 8:37 PM, Airpewdiepie said:

windows also has an option to reinstall but to keep all your data. but it uninstalls all programs. if you dont like to reconfigure all ur apps then backup is ur friend

That sounds good.. I'll search for it