25% probable increase on PC parts by 23rd of August due to USA-China trade war

Logical0.1

I want to buy PC parts to build my first gaming PC and i heard that there will be 25% increase in price of PC parts by 23rd of August due to USA-China trade war. i don't live in the US so i don't know anything about this but i will buy from the US due to extreme prices in Egypt. So can anyone confirm or deny this so I know when to buy the PC parts?

23rd August is literally tomorrow so you might as well just wait and see if prices do indeed go up.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Well, it's the 22nd and nothing major has happened.

Usually, specific dates in these kinds of things are just pulled out of one's ass, and the effects of the trade battle haven't even came into effect.

Edited by Dan Castellaneta
This is a case of "affect" and "effect" mattering.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 hours ago, Logical0.1 said:

I want to buy PC parts to build my first gaming PC and i heard that there will be 25% increase in price of PC parts by 23rd of August due to USA-China trade war. i don't live in the US so i don't know anything about this but i will buy from the US due to extreme prices in Egypt. So can anyone confirm or deny this so I know when to buy the PC parts?

I dont think a lot of parts come from China. Im sure some do, but remember the tariffs only count on imports from the Peoples Republic of China and no one else. Like Korea, Japan, Taiwan, etc. Also, NAFTA is still in effect, many companies like Samsung use this to their advantage, by assembling their TV's in Mexico, so they dont have to pay any tariffs.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I dont think a lot of parts come from China.

Most electronic components are manufactured in china. Not all devices are assembled there if that’s what you’re referring to. 

Let’s just be glad I already own my PC so everything is fine for at least a while. 

8 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If there is a change, prices on existing items in stores won't change because the thing is made and imported already. It's anything new that would be a problem.

Also Thursday seems like a weird day of the week.

that is not how it works, if i imported stuff to somewhere and i know it is now much more expensive to import more of it i will immediately sell for the price i need to ask for in the future both to pocket extra profit and to offset possible losses if i import for the higher price and everything goes down in price shortly after.