Fan powered by heat(candle)

noname7931

I don't know if this could be used for an self powered cpu fan, but it's cool anyway.

IMO it's kind of useless. You use heat to dissipate heat. It kind of defeats the purpose. Also, happy new year to you :D

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

yeah happy new year but if the heat is constant then not so much

IMO it's kind of useless. You use heat to dissipate heat. It kind of defeats the purpose. Also, happy new year to you :D

Not necessarily. It might work on a xbox cpu as the fan doesn't need to run that fast and the cpu's heat powers the fan so you could scale that down or up. But it wouldn't be good enough for a desktop or laptop.

I don't know if this could be used for an self powered cpu fan, but it's cool anyway.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Something more interesting would be charging smartphones by the heat of your own body when the phone is in your pocket/ hand for example.

who cares...

do you guys know the true potential of this? if this technology advances we can use of a car engine to convert it to heat and have enough electricity to power a ton of stuff. 

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Not useless, brilliant! The point of the cooler is to disipate the heat, which this does without consuming power from the PSU. It's just awkward to understand the concept because it dissipates its own energy source.

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

Something more interesting would be charging smartphones by the heat of your own body when the phone is in your pocket/ hand for example.

Its a good idea but at the voltage that it puts out you would have to have your phone on the charger for over a day. Plus your skin nor your phone would put out hot enough heat and if your phone was able to it wouldn't be consistent. But I think it would a awesome survival charger kit. So like if your lost in the woods and your phones dead then you could have this device and give it a few hours to charge in direct sunlight.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

do you guys know the true potential of this? if this technology advances we can use of a car engine to convert it to heat and have enough electricity to power a ton of stuff. 

What I wonder is if this would be more efficient then solar panels and if so that gives us more of a chance for solar powered cars because you could just put these in the sun. Would be good for people in the lower half of the U.S where it gets hotter.

Its a good idea but at the voltage that it puts out you would have to have your phone on the charger for over a day. Plus your skin nor your phone would put out hot enough heat and if your phone was able to it wouldn't be consistent. But I think it would a awesome survival charger kit. So like if your lost in the woods and your phones dead then you could have this device and give it a few hours to charge in direct sunlight.

Yes. It sounds like one of Samsungs pilot project features that they will implement into one of their phones, just so they can say, they did it first.

Your idea is actually pretty good, i think i have already heard of sth like that. A more effective way would be to hold it into a camp fire. :D

who cares...

Yes. It sounds like one of Samsungs pilot project features that they will implement into one of their phones, just so they can say, they did it first.

Your idea is actually pretty good, i think i have already heard of sth like that. A more effective way would be to hold it into a camp fire. :D

Hey for all we know instead of using boiling water and turbines in power plants in the future we could just use these :D that would be epic and would save the process of boiling water not sure how efficient it would be though.

Yeah but you can already do this with solar energy, there are plenty of solar cases available for phones that can do this and they're probably a lot more efficient.

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

Yeah but you can already do this with solar energy, there are plenty of solar cases available for phones that can do this and they're probably a lot more efficient.

Yea but there's the possibility for this to create more energy then solar and also you could put this by a fire.

I like all the idea, but I don't see this replacing any thing but instead introducing new ways of harvesting energy, really like the car engine idea. Plus if the cpu is not putting out much heat the fan will turn down, if the cpu is putting out a large amount of heat it will speed it self up. Also I don't know about you but this was the first time I heard of this technology so this can only go in one way, get better and become more efficient.

Those things are cool, you put power one way and it heats things up, invert the polarity and it cools things down. 

While it's a good idea for say, system fans. I hits its own problem of the more effective it becomes of cooling the cpu down the more it kills it's own power source, It would be good to use as a emergency cooler say if your cpu fan failed but pointless when trying to save power

I like all the idea, but I don't see this replacing any thing but instead introducing new ways of harvesting energy, really like the car engine idea. Plus if the cpu is not putting out much heat the fan will turn down, if the cpu is putting out a large amount of heat it will speed it self up. Also I don't know about you but this was the first time I heard of this technology so this can only go in one way, get better and become more efficient.

Yea this is the first time I've heard about this to.

I had a look on youtube and someone has already tried this, its no way effective. You'd have better luck harvesting light and store it over night.