Internet disconnects intermitently every few seconds

Createinator

Hi,

I have been facing this problem for a few days. I am connected via Ethernet cable, whenever I open a link or enter a web address my internet disconnects with a cross appearing very briefly on the Network icon and I get this Host could not be reached or there is no internet connection message in my web browser; right then my Internet connects and the website opens. This is not a problem when surfing the web but doing any work or opening any websites like bank etc. is impossible. Playing any online game results in long spells of "connecting to the server" messages while downloading files never has any problems.

I have cleared my cache, deleted all the cookies, changed my Ethernet cable, ran tests for Malware on my PC and updated my Network drivers to no avail.

I have another PC using the same Internet connection but it never has any of these problems.

Please Help

4 minutes ago, Createinator said:

Hi,

I have been facing this problem for a few days. I am connected via Ethernet cable, whenever I open a link or enter a web address my internet disconnects with a cross appearing very briefly on the Network icon and I get this Host could not be reached or there is no internet connection message in my web browser; right then my Internet connects and the website opens. This is not a problem when surfing the web but doing any work or opening any websites like bank etc. is impossible. Playing any online game results in long spells of "connecting to the server" messages while downloading files never has any problems.

I have cleared my cache, deleted all the cookies, changed my Ethernet cable, ran tests for Malware on my PC and updated my Network drivers to no avail.

I have another PC using the same Internet connection but it never has any of these problems.

Please Help

Check for driver updates. Sounds like the network driver could be borked. OR the network adapter could be bad. Id try the driver first however. Many times that fixes the issue. Another thing to try is use that same Ethernet cable on other machines. Just to verify the cable is good. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Check for driver updates. Sounds like the network driver could be borked. OR the network adapter could be bad. Id try the driver first however. Many times that fixes the issue. Another thing to try is use that same Ethernet cable on other machines. Just to verify the cable is good. 

I have checked the cable and updated the drivers.

Do I get a LAN card if nothing works?

5 minutes ago, Createinator said:

I have checked the cable and updated the drivers.

Do I get a LAN card if nothing works?

If it were me, Id try a live CD version of Linux to make sure its not another Windows related issue. Windows 10 can be flaky. Some times during a reboot my network card will stop working, requiring another reboot to fix. If all else fails, buy a card, if that dont work you can always send it back. Just make sure its a Gigabit card, Ive hard Intel makes good cards. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Before buying stuff, I would do a --> Clean Install <-- of Windows .

You may need to save stuff on a USB Stick of the what ,you need, like photos, music.

Good Luck

13 hours ago, Createinator said:

I have checked the cable

What does this actually entail?

Usually it's cable, trying a different port on the router or switch, software/drivers/os, then physical adapter.  

As per above a livecd of Ubuntu or something will help you isolate the software side.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

1 hour ago, beersykins said:

What does this actually entail?

Usually it's cable, trying a different port on the router or switch, software/drivers/os, then physical adapter.  

As per above a livecd of Ubuntu or something will help you isolate the software side.

I tested it on my other PC and it worked without a hitch and I am currently using a new cable.

I will use LiveCD next.