Is there any way to prevent dust buildup inside cases?

Sammael

Not just diminish it, or periodically clean it out so it never builds up to something larger, I am talking about radically reducing the acquisition of dust in the first place?

Is there some air filter that can be put in a room to clean out all the debris?  Do you have to vacuum the floor or sweep up dust every other day or so just to keep dead skin particles from going airborne and finding their way inside the case?  Do we need to scrub our skin with steel wool to minimize said dead skin?

It's just so effing disgusting, and there is so much filth in the air.  

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Not just diminish it, or periodically clean it out so it never builds up to something larger, I am talking about radically reducing the acquisition of dust in the first place?

Is there some air filter that can be put in a room to clean out all the debris?  Do you have to vacuum the floor or sweep up dust every other day or so just to keep dead skin particles from going airborne and finding their way inside the case?  Do we need to scrub our skin with steel wool to minimize said dead skin?

It's just so effing disgusting, and there is so much filth in the air.  

Air pressure.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positive air pressure and dust filters on all of the intakes

EDIT: Positive pressure meaning, more air is coming in rather than leaving.So 2 intakes with one exhaust or 4 intakes with 2 exhaust etc

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

A dehumidifier if you want something to clean the air in your room. But as the others have said, you can work wonders with dust filters

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

All dust, no. Most of it, yes. As others have said positive pressure and filtered intakes are the best option.

you could try some sort of hepa air purifier and put filters on all your ac vents and keep the room in positive pressure all the time.  ( same idea as a clean room )

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

dust filters, placing your rig on your desk instead of the floor. keep your place clean. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

dust gets in everything. nothing you do will keep it out 100 percent but I did find out by coincidence that having an efficient air purifier in the same room as a pc will reduce it a lot. 

Positive air pressure and dust filters, but its nearly impossible as when your PC is off, it just falls in.  Try doing a clean out every know and then

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Unless you build clean room there will always be some dust. Electronics gather it. Thats fact. You could place PC inside some light ventilated fabric with rubberized holes for cables. That way the fabric would gather all the dust.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Dustfilters and positive airpressure.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Lots upon lots of dust filters, and a well thought out fan configuration, maybe even components with the thingie when the fans turn in the different directions to prevent dust build up, but that's probably overkill.

Try to maintain a positive air pressure in the case and have filtered intakes.http://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh_positive&area=usa

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

70%, 80% up to 99% of dust comes from dead skin.depending on the household enviroment  Anyway ...I use a Philips Clean Air system and sucks up most fluff around and it works a treat. My acrylic case after 7 years had such a fine haze of dust on the inside floor, I only noticed it after polishing it in my recent refit. AND I dont have any filters on the fans. (to be honest, I never knew cases had them. :blush:  )