Archos to unveil $100 ‘pebble-like’ smartwatch at CES 2014

VR-Zone reported, another tech company will enter the wearable market. The French tech company Archos will release a "pebble-like" smartwatch in CES 2014. The best thing is, Archos is looking at deploying the smartwatch at around $100.

archos-smartwatch-650x0.jpg

Digital Trend also reported that the Archos smartwatch may be starting from around $82, as on the press release from Archos's UK website stated,

-“Be unveiling a selection of smartwatches starting at under £50.”

-“A Pebble-like design and compatibility with both iOS and Android devices.”

Archos smartwatch will work with other Archos Connected series gadgets, a series of smart home devices, including mini cam, motion ball, movement tag, weather tag and smart plug.

Press release from Archos UK

Teasers of the Connected series devices from Archos's Youtube Channel

Archos Connected Series Site

That wrist band is going to be terrible with it making your arm sweat.. Nice looking smart watch though.

That wrist band is going to be terrible with it making your arm sweat.. Nice looking smart watch though.

i have a rubber wrist band watch, and i have no problems with that

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Don't believe I've ever had my arm sweet because of a watch lol.

& It looks nicer then all the alternatives so far. I'm glad its improve quickly. Still I'd rather keep my watch classy then techy

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't believe I've ever had my arm sweet because of a watch lol.

& It looks nicer then all the alternatives so far. I'm glad its improve quickly. Still I'd rather keep my watch classy then techy

i have a rubber wrist band watch, and i have no problems with that

The few I've had and a lot I've seen can cause your wrist to sweat because of the rubber/plastic junk in it. This also varies by climate and season but for the most part I've seen a lot of rubber watch bands do this.

The few I've had and a lot I've seen can cause your wrist to sweat because of the rubber/plastic junk in it. This also varies by climate and season but for the most part I've seen a lot of rubber watch bands do this.

Well different people are different. And if you couldn't swap the band then it's automatically a dumb watch anyway.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Well that probably means its too tight for you or too hot outside, or both.

#fatpeopleproblems MURICA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that probably means its too tight for you or too hot outside, or both.

#fatpeopleproblems MURICA

And you're saying that to the person that's skinny? :D I think it's just something in the rubber that reacts with your skin making it sweat, either way I prefer cloth bands anyways, they're more comfortable to me too :P

And you're saying that to the person that's skinny? :D I think it's just something in the rubber that reacts with your skin making it sweat, either way I prefer cloth bands anyways, they're more comfortable to me too :P

Haha nope just in general about the rest of america. I prefer the feel of cold steel against my skin. It's like sex with a iron dragon on your wrist.

Real men wear metal clasp watches. >.>

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I don't think I'll ever go with a smart watch, simply because I love my mechanical (is that the right term?) watch and I don't use my phone often enough to see it on my wrist instead of taking my phone out.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I am looking for a smartwatch, but I don't want to pay that much for one. I know the Pebble is inexpensive when compared to other smartwatches out right now, but I find even that pricey.

Let's see what Archos has to offer for that $100 price tag. If it's good enough, I think I'll pick one up.

COMIC SANS

Haha nope just in general about the rest of america. I prefer the feel of cold steel against my skin. It's like sex with a iron dragon on your wrist.

Until the links get caught on your manly arm hair

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Until the links get caught on your manly arm hair

nah my manly arm hair is too thick, like a lions mane.

I am looking for a smartwatch, but I don't want to pay that much for one. I know the Pebble is inexpensive when compared to other smartwatches out right now, but I find even that pricey.

Let's see what Archos has to offer for that $100 price tag. If it's good enough, I think I'll pick one up.

Well you'll be happy to know that Archos is planning on releasing 3 versions of this watch with different battery life/screen type/ID and they planned prices are $50/$150/$200.

All support Android and iOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glC7tEnm6uM