How different is CS:GO from CS 1.6?

HK_Rage

CS 1.6 used to be my drug of choice those many years ago and since my parts for a new PC are arriving soon, I can now finally run CS:GO and I want to know how much it's changed.

IMO not much apart from graphics, though I do enjoy me some 1.6...

GW2: Vettexl.9726

enough to be interesting, imo.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

CS:S is better

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

theyre all the same imo besides graphics and a few tweaks here and there.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Movement is a lot better and sprays are more predictable which is a good or bad thing depending how you see things.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

CS 1.6 used to be my drug of choice those many years ago and since my parts for a new PC are arriving soon, I can now finally run CS:GO and I want to know how much it's changed.

I've played CS since I used to piss the bed. It's the same with new graphics and the movement is a little different. Bunny hopping and tricks like that are a little more different. Graphics are more up to date and some of the maps are a little different. For the most part the same. Also new grenades and buy menu.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from the obvious graphics changes, pretty much everything from weapon selection right down to weapon handling. I like CSS more, though less so bow after that patch a year or so ago that needed the awp and deagle. You can still have fun with either if you put time into it and get used to the physics.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Better in every single way IMO, but I guess that is just because I hate playing games that look like crap...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Because it's more global and more offensive

if you still play cs 1.6 and started when it was cs new like i did then i would guess you will not care that much for cs:go its source part 2 and source wasn't that good. I own cs1.6 cs:s and cs:go for the price it isn't bad but meh i still play 1.6 more

I think it's way different to 1.6. The learning curve is far less steep in GO.

As much as people say CoD is the same each game, CS is the master of not changing a damn thing. Besides guns handling a bit differently it's basically the same game.

As much as people say CoD is the same each game, CS is the master of not changing a damn thing. Besides guns handling a bit differently it's basically the same game.

that is so true. cs and cs:cz then cs:s and cs:go they like to give use the same game 2 different times per engine just to make sure we know that they can update a game lol

nope.

___

Really like the matchmaking + tournament style games.

Playing CS since 1.3 btw

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

GO is like a combination of Source and 1.6. You also get some cool new stuff like Molotovs/Inciendary grenades(same thing) which dont do much damage but you can lock up places with them so that your enemies SHALL NOT PASS :P. There is also Arms Race which is Gun Game and there are 3 never before seen maps for that. 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

At least Valve doesn't scream: "Hey look this is an all new game with extreme graphics, new engine and very immersive story and a revolutionary new gamemode!" like the makers of CoD do and they don't sell it for 60+ euros/dollars.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

It's changed enough to justify buying it for the price it's at.

At least CS isn't released every years and sold as a completely new game when it really isn't. Go was advertised as exactly what is was. An updated Counter-Strike game that, unlike CoD, will be getting support from the devs for a very long time.

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz | 8.00GB DDR4 | MSI Z170A SLI PLUS | GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte) | DELL S2415H (1920x1080@60Hz) Acer 23" S230HL (1920x1080@60Hz) | 120GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO, 1TB Western Digital HDD,  1TB Western Digital HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

You've just won The Best Argument Awards 2013

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

You've just won The Best Argument Awards 2013

You've just won The Most Sarcastic Award 2014

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

You've just won The Most Sarcastic Award 2014

That one I don't mind winning

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970