Can i Use My AIO Water Block and Radiator in a Custom Loop

So I have a Cooler Master: Master Liquid 240L AIO and I want to build a custom loop, the problem is that I don't want to pay $150 extra for a new water block and radiator if I already have one. I am planning on buying a new pump/reservoir and tubing though.

Generally, no (definitely not the block). And why would you get a custom loop if you already have an AIO? If you were going to reuse the original rad your temps are going to be similar, your PC won't benefit form having a custom loop.

43 minutes ago, FireFalcon 697 said:

So I have a Cooler Master: Master Liquid 240L AIO and I want to build a custom loop, the problem is that I don't want to pay $150 extra for a new water block and radiator if I already have one. I am planning on buying a new pump/reservoir and tubing though.

AIOs use cpper base plates but aluminium radiators, this would be a mixed metal system and should not be incoorporated into a custom loop.

You can't take apart the AIO anyway without ripping everything apart. And you would not be able to connect fittings for custom loop.

The short answer is you'll spend more trying then replacing both will cost.The long answer the rad is thin and aluminum and a copper rad same size will cool better.The fittings aio use are a funny size and you'd spend a lot in adapters to even use it.The waterblock is really a waterblock and pump and really not the best thing made both custom loop will out cool them.Your not the first to ask this or the last its never a good idea to try.