[Non-Tech News] YouTuber PewDiePie makes fun of Demi Lovato on Twitter for overdosing on Heroin

AlTech

YouTuber PewDiePie is now in the spotlight for making fun of Demi Lovato, the pop singer and artist, on Twitter for overdosing on Heroin. Lovato recently almost died because of a heroin overdose after her addiction came back.

She was admitted to a hospital just in time to save her life.

That didn't stop PewDiePie from making fun of her in a meme he posted on Twitter. People on Twitter saw the meme and found it to be in incredibly poor taste and so the media came after PewDiePie.

PewDiePie, YouTube's biggest star, tweeted a meme that mocked Demi Lovato for her recent hospitalization over what her reported heroin overdose.

The star, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, shared an image to his 15.7 million followers which shows Lovato asking her mom for money to buy a burger, which she then uses to buy heroin.

The meme has since been deleted, but lots of accounts took screenshots while it was live.

image.png.395400773da1e131c6c88df4cc2a352a.png

PewDiePie claims he was ignorant and did not know the full details.

Kjellberg took down the meme after a few hours of backlash, and apologized on Twitter.

He said: "I didnt [sic] mean anything with it and I didnt fully know about the situation. I realize now it was insensitive, sorry!"

A representative for Lovato told Business Insider on Tuesday that she was "awake and with her family" following reports of an apparent drug overdose.

They said that some of the information that has been reported about Lovato's condition was "incorrect," but did not give specific details.

Multiple outlets reported that Lovato had been hospitalized on Tuesday. TMZ was the first to report that Lovato, 25, had been hospitalized in a suspected heroin overdose.

The outlet cited law enforcement sources and claimed that she was given emergency opioid overdose treatment Narcan at her home before being brought to hospital.

A host of celebrities have sent her support online since the news broke, with many reminding their followers that addiction is a disease and not a choice.

Nobody is saying that people should do illegal narcotics and nobody is saying that what PewDiePie did was a good thing.

I think the meme was in poor taste and PewDiePie needs to face some level of repercussion for what happened whether that would be in the form of a YouTube strike against his channel or something  else.

Sources:

https://amp.thisisinsider.com/pewdiepie-meme-demi-lovato-twitter-drug-overdose-2018-7

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Wait, are they back to it being heroin or are you following old rumors? The last I heard of the case her aid denied it being heroin, yet wouldn't confirm nor deny it being an opioid.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/28/entertainment/demi-lovato-hospital-wilmer-valderamma/index.html 

11 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I think the meme was in poor taste and PewDiePie needs to face some level of repercussion for what happened whether that would be in the form of a YouTube strike against his channel or something  else.

The problem with that is that you're essentially asking one private platform to take action on behalf of different private platform.

It basically like Blizzard banning player from Overwatch due to questionable behavior on Twitch, YouTube or Twitter.  

Why should a distasteful tweet lead to a strike against his YouTube channel? 

Should it affect his Twitter account? Perhaps. As long as what he did is against Twitter's ToS, then I see no issue with that. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It's just a picture on the internet. Unless Demi herself is offended then I don't see why we should be. If this was me I'd have a good chuckle. 

I don't see anything wrong with the post. If she uses heroin then there is nothing defamatory about it. People are too sensitive sometimes.

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Wait, are they back to it being heroin or are you following old rumors? The last I heard of the case her aid denied it being heroin, yet wouldn't confirm nor deny it being an opiod. 

I can seem to find where it says it but it says Law Enforcement sources stated that it was a Heroin overdose. Although theoretically, it could have been any opioid.

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

The problem with that is that you're essentially asking one private platform to take action on behalf of another. 

Why should a distasteful tweet lead to a strike against his YouTube channel? 

Should it affect his Twitter account? Perhaps. As long as what he did is against Twitter's ToS, then I see no issue. 

It's not against Twitter's TOS per se afaik, it's just disrespectful and just so wrong on so many levels.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's not against Twitter's TOS per se afaik, it's just disrespectful and just so wrong on so many levels.

In that case it's not really up to Twitter nor YouTube.

if what he did falls within the guidelines of the platform, then nothing should be done on an administrative level.

What people decide to do is a different story. If you find his tweet to be in poor taste, then stop his revenue stream at the base by refusing to view his content.

You can even take your outrage to social media and try and rally other people to your cause.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Imo he did nothing wrong. He made a fucking meme, come on you're famous in 2018 and do stupid shit like take drugs people are gonna take the piss out of you. If you can't take it off you go to your safe spot snowflake.

I have seen better edited/written memes created by 8 year olds.

can't they see this cheap ass troll does it on purpose so others start talking about the shit he says, FFS stop giving him the attention he's desperately looking for

is like 40 years old and still acts like a little spoiled brat 

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Demi Lovato, the pop singer and artist

artist... yeah, sure... haha

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

People on Twitter saw the meme and found it to be in incredibly poor taste

yeah because that brainless amoeba spent literally 3 seconds on MS paint copypasting a picture of lovato on a 2005 rage comic so the flock of sjw's and 50+ yr old ladies that roam Twitter 24/7 looking for stuff like that do exactly what they always do, viralize shit so it reaches websites like insider or buzzfeed in a minute.

1. post shit pic 

2. wait 4 hours and masturbate to sick japanese cartoons

3. ??? 

4. "apologize" and repeat #1 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I mean, I can't help but think of this scene from Its always sunny in Philadelphia

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

It happens, I've lost family from Heroin overdoses. I don't think it's that big of a deal, the way I saw it was its their fault for getting into drugs. I don't care what other opinions have about what I'm saying, I've experienced it first hand. I've said no to drugs many times, it's not that difficult to say no. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil