Fallout NV

cjeffcoatjr

Its $2.74 on steam right now. Is it worth it? I hear it is like Skyrim... And I love Skyrim... Especially with all dem ENB's...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Yes it is. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

A resounding fuck yea

Beware, the leveling system is a bit more complicated than in skyrim. Do your research before starting a new character. Fallout 3 GOTY is better btw. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

A resounding fuck yea

Beware, the leveling system is a bit more complicated than in skyrim. Do your research before starting a new character. Fallout 3 GOTY is better btw. 

I have to agree because Fallout New Vegas doesn't feel like a fallout. Just feels like.. Nevada. In 3 everyone if depressed and out to get you. 

Still a great game tho 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Fallout New Vegas just feels like.. Nevada.

I wonder why... Thats so strange...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I wonder why... Thats so strange...

Well it's supposed to feel like a nuclear waste but it's hard to feel that when Vegas is completely untouched and everything else is desert.. Just like.. Nevada.. 

Well it's supposed to feel like a nuclear waste but it's hard to feel that when Vegas is completely untouched and everything else is desert.. Just like.. Nevada.. 

Vegas untouched? You mean the small derelict town built pretty much scrap metal (minus a few buildings). Yup totally untouched. 

Fallout 3 has a better environment and atmosphere, New Vegas has a better story. Although both games are still amazing.

Vegas untouched? You mean the small derelict town built pretty much scrap metal (minus a few buildings). Yup totally untouched. 

Fallout 3 has a better environment and atmosphere, New Vegas has a better story. Although both games are still amazing.

The strip is untouched 

Fallout NV is pretty fun, got 24 hours into the game but I haven't finished it yet. 

One warning tho: There is a fudgin huge amount of stuttering at any setting for me. Hurts my eyes.  :(

CPU: 2500k 4.6 Ghz 1.38V   Cooler: CM Seidon 120M   Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V   Memory: Patriot 1600 Mhz (4x4Gb)   GPU: MSI Twin Frozer 3 7950 (1100/1500)  

Storage: Patriot Pyro SE 120Gb, Seagate 500Gb,  HGST 1Tb   PSU: OCZ 700W   Monitor: Dell ST2420L   Mouse: Razer Naga 2012   Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate (Mx Blues)  

I greatly disliked New Vegas.

Fallout 3 was so much better imo...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

YES!  :)

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Its $2.74 on steam right now. Is it worth it? I hear it is like Skyrim... And I love Skyrim... Especially with all dem ENB's...

yes, be sure to mod it thought

The strip is untouched 

Have you read the lore? Theres a reason its not as decimated as the Capital Wasteland.

And if you want the best of both worlds: http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/faq

Fallout NV is pretty fun, got 24 hours into the game but I haven't finished it yet. 

One warning tho: There is a fudgin huge amount of stuttering at any setting for me. Hurts my eyes.  :(

Theres a few mods out there that help with the stuttering.

Have you read the lore? Theres a reason its not as decimated as the Capital Wasteland.

I know I think it's dumb that it's untouched, that's it. Makes it feel less Fallout-ie 

I think that price is for Fallout NV alone, no DLC.  I'd spend the extra $4.30 to get the GOTY version.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

New Vegas is always worth it. If you're a fan of the original games you'll like New Vegas. If you've never played the older games than I recommend Fallout 3. New Vegas is more for the Fallout Lore lovers.

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz | 8.00GB DDR4 | MSI Z170A SLI PLUS | GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte) | DELL S2415H (1920x1080@60Hz) Acer 23" S230HL (1920x1080@60Hz) | 120GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO, 1TB Western Digital HDD,  1TB Western Digital HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

If you compare it to Skyrim, be prepared, its less watered down and much more "hardcore"

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Wat? Skyrim, and Fallout? Comparable? You mean elves, dwarves, magic and swordfighting... is comparable to the horrible devestation of war and a nuclear apocalypse? Here's the original Fallout introduction video, just to give you a taste of what the Fallout lore is all about...

The only thing thats comparable is the game engine, really. First of all it's more of a first person shooter (though you do have melee combat as well, which is similar to Skyrim), with the added V.A.T.S. function which pauses everything and lets you choose which opponnent you want to shoot, as well as choosing which body part to shoot and seeing the probability of hitting said target in precentage. So a 10% shot to the head has a very low chance of hitting, sort of like rolling a die in an RPG.

Other than that Fallout is a dark comedy with bits of drama and tragedy. It's very dark, dreary and focuses on drama as well as shock and awe to get through that this world, the circumstances that created it, and the people in it aren't pretty. My friend prefers New Vegas, I prefer Fallout 3... what can I say?

Personally I think that if you _REALLY_ want to get the full fallout experience start with the first game (which is a DOS game, but is a isometric top-view RPG with turn-base action). There's so much to get from it, be it story or the theme of the Fallout world it self. Plus, Richard Dean Anderson has a little role in it...

YT3tBkD.jpg

Figures MacGyver would survive
the nuclear apocalypse...

Thoroughness rating
#########