Best oem to buy gpus from?

42kq

Price is not concern. I just want a company that doesn't play around with the whole rma process and keeps my balls on the hook for weeks.

No zotac, no xfx and no msi!

I want gpus that are reliable. Evga and asus have crapped out on me in the past. While the rma process was stellar I'd rather not rma at all. And no I dont overclock.I used to rely on msi but after what they've put me through these past few months has infuriated me and I no longer will support them.

5 minutes ago, 42kq said:

I want gpus that are reliable. Evga and asus have crapped out on me in the past. While the rma process was stellar I'd rather not rma at all. And no I dont overclock.I used to rely on msi but after what they've put me through these past few months has infuriated me and I no longer will support them.

Then you should probably buy from the GPU vendor directly(Nvidia/AMD).

If you don't trust any of the companies, you're not gonna get very far.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Why so hostile? I just want a company that I have the least likely chance to do an rma with. Statistically speaking which company has the best reliability? I'd rather pay extra so I dont have to rma ever.

14 minutes ago, 42kq said:

Why so hostile? I just want a company that I have the least likely chance to do an rma with. Statistically speaking which company has the best reliability? I'd rather pay extra so I dont have to rma ever.

because you've pretty much rounded out most of the GPU companies. The rest have even worse customer experience.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

2 hours ago, 42kq said:

Wow if you think his comment was hostile I would recommend not leaving your house and going in public I've seen worse on license plates. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

59 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

Wow if you think his comment was hostile I would recommend not leaving your house and going in public I've seen worse on license plates. 

Man techforums have become so insular lately. Slight one and they close ranks on ya. 

17 minutes ago, 42kq said:

Man techforums have become so insular lately. Slight one and they close ranks on ya. 

Ya.

17 minutes ago, 42kq said:

Do you get that a lot? Maybe it's you?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

I know as you said above you don't really like asus or evga but if you lif in the US they both have extremely good customer support and while almost all asus gear has a price premium there is a reason that there motherboards are considered top of the line and extremely reliable in every class they are in. I personally like gigabyte but they have shitola for customer service. Also y'all need to chill.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean I keep hearing from Canadians and some others about some bad experiences with Gigabyte, but I've never been given an actual example of it other than stubborn customers asking for ridiculous bs.  Usually, they tend to be nice and helpful from what I have seen and experienced.  Guiding over the phone, giving extended warranties, and more.

hea i had a friend brick a card because a fan header fell off internally and he was fighting fo r a whilke for them to replace it.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

15 minutes ago, JEman99 said:

I know as you said above you don't really like asus or evga but if you lif in the US they both have extremely good customer support and while almost all asus gear has a price premium there is a reason that there motherboards are considered top of the line and extremely reliable in every class they are in. I personally like gigabyte but they have shitola for customer service. Also y'all need to chill.

I have nothing against either company. It's just the rma process with them sucks. Evga held me up for weeks and asus returned the wrong type of card.

22 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Do you get that a lot? Maybe it's you?

No, not really. I browse car, gun,and niche hobby forums too. Those places can be very nice. It's just the tech forums that are 'toxic.' I can pinpoint exactly what's wrong with the big three; Tom's has really bad moderation. Like quite bad. Mods like to power trip and break balls. Anandtech has been cucked beyond belief. Imagine neogaf but not as bad(yet). People get banned for holding the wrong political beliefs(personally I call myself a fascist just to fuck with them). And hardocp is very hierarchical, if you disagree or argue with someone who has more posts or is considered a part of the community, you get dog piled on.

And that's why I like LTT the most. So chill. I browse mostly. Post rarely.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

For ASUS, were they replacing or repairing?  If replacing it was a new gen out, or?  Cuz if so most only replace with the same power of the card you sent them.  Not sure why EVGA took so long, but rebates and RMAs can take weeks it's not just EVGA.  If you can't deal with that then I'd probably avoid most GPU makers cuz the process of either of those can take ages.  

Also if this was during the huge gpu shortages this year they may have had trouble adequate stock for you.

34 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

For ASUS, were they replacing or repairing?  If replacing it was a new gen out, or?  Cuz if so most only replace with the same power of the card you sent them.  Not sure why EVGA took so long, but rebates and RMAs can take weeks it's not just EVGA.  If you can't deal with that then I'd probably avoid most GPU makers cuz the process of either of those can take ages.  

I sent in a gtx 680 with asus' custom cooling solution and instead they sent me a stock oem replacement. They took it back but it shouldn't have happened at all. Especially since I overpaid alot for that card. And evga took weeks to get my stuff back to me. Shipping was not the problem.

35 minutes ago, JEman99 said:

Also if this was during the huge gpu shortages this year they may have had trouble adequate stock for you.

Nope years ago.

32 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean the only company I've seen have this super amazing customer service that OP is likely looking for no longer exists, and that was BFG Tech.  They gave like lifetime warranties, didn't take forever to deal with things, and rarely ever fucked up.  They now belong to PNY who has ASUS/MSI tier customer service.

I used to love bfg. Shame they went out of business. They were my first choice before msi. I probably bought nearly 20 cards of theirs. I never had to rma anything, until the very end when a gtx 270 stopped working and they refused to rma it.

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That was probably PNY telling you no with BFG as the name.  But, EVGA/Sapphire/XFX are really the best you're going to get in modern times in terms of customer service.  There's like no other option.

Shame. I dont buy radeons anymore. Amd ruined the brand. They should've never been allowed to buy ATI at all. I still cant understand how radeon cards had so much potential horsepower and could only use a fraction of it in gaming while consuming so much power. 

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

They were fine until AMD's whole RND budget got screwed by FX.  

Nah man. I had an X1950 and loved it. The HD2900 was a travesty. The last good card was the 4850 but even then it was still kinda hot. I bought another one to crossfire. I think things really started going downhill when the HD6000 series were released. Also amd has horrible drivers. I never had problems with ati catalyst only amd radeon drivers.

In my own experience both cards suffer same amounts of errors from overheating, bad drivers and so on.

But yeah, I don't think there's a GPU brand with excellent service, you better buy from a store with better warranty and post purchase service instead.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

To keep on topic, I would push for EVGA.

My buddy had bought an EVGA GTX 760 that started to overheat.

They sent him a refurbished GTX 960.

Basically, a free upgrade.

I've never seen better customer support out of graphics card manufacturers.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

11 hours ago, 42kq said:

They are all the same, for what's worth it though EVGA has always been known for disposing the best costumers support out there.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Their drivers have been fine for a while, Nvidia has had their fair share of bad drivers in the 2010s like 6 blue screening ones in a row, that 1060 issue recently, and quite a few others.  AMD cards are fine they just don't have much of an RND budget for cards due to the FX problem.  I know because I bounce back and forth between the two.  It seems you have been out of touch with AMD for like 10 years, maybe 8.

Don't forget that NVIDIA hit Oculus users with the black screen of death back in March with a driver update.

I have been running AMD exclusively in my personal systems since 2010 with no issues ranging from an HD 5670 -> HD 7750 -> R9 380 -> RX 580.

Everyone overall is pretty stable now.

Desktop:

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Logitech G903 Mouse

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

1 hour ago, Jon Jon said:

Don't forget that NVIDIA hit Oculus users with the black screen of death back in March with a driver update.

I have been running AMD exclusively in my personal systems since 2010 with no issues ranging from an HD 5670 -> HD 7750 -> R9 380 -> RX 580.

Everyone overall is pretty stable now.

I dont use, nor care for vr. Amd driver support sucks. I had to return an rx480 because the drivers wouldn't work in my win 7 build. I've had nothing but problems with amd radeon software. Ati software rarely failed on me. I was an early adopter of vista and used only radeons because nvidia shit the bed with their 64 bit drivers. I dont update software unless I need too because I need things to work. 

6 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Their drivers have been fine for a while, Nvidia has had their fair share of bad drivers in the 2010s like 6 blue screening ones in a row, that 1060 issue recently, and quite a few others.  AMD cards are fine they just don't have much of an RND budget for cards due to the FX problem.  I know because I bounce back and forth between the two.  It seems you have been out of touch with AMD for like 10 years, maybe 8.

Explain the fx problem I'm not sure what you mean. 

P.S. I've been going back and forth between radeon and nvidia for years. I have had; Radeon 7000, 8500, 9600 aiw, 9700 Pro, 9800 xt, 6800gt, x700, x1800, x1950, 8800gtx, hd2900, gtx 280, hd4850, hd5850, gtx 460, gtx 680, gtx 770, gtx 980, gtx 1060 and gtx 1080.Those were just for gaming. I also do a bit of mining on the side And I've had nothing but radeon mining cards. I've still had driver issues though. But that's probably due to linux being a pain in the ass. All my current mining rigs run vega cards. 

38 minutes ago, 42kq said:

I dont use, nor care for vr. Amd driver support sucks. I had to return an rx480 because the drivers wouldn't work in my win 7 build. I've had nothing but problems with amd radeon software. Ati software rarely failed on me. I was an early adopter of vista and used only radeons because nvidia shit the bed with their 64 bit drivers. I dont update software unless I need too because I need things to work. 

Explain the fx problem I'm not sure what you mean. 

P.S. I've been going back and forth between radeon and nvidia for years. I have had; Radeon 7000, 8500, 9600 aiw, 9700 Pro, 9800 xt, 6800gt, x700, x1800, x1950, 8800gtx, hd2900, gtx 280, hd4850, hd5850, gtx 460, gtx 680, gtx 770, gtx 980, gtx 1060 and gtx 1080.Those were just for gaming. I also do a bit of mining on the side And I've had nothing but radeon mining cards. I've still had driver issues though. But that's probably due to linux being a pain in the ass. All my current mining rigs run vega cards. 

To be fair, Windows 7 is relatively dead now except for specific use cases.

The last few generations of CPUs do not even support anything older than Windows 10 officially.

I can understand that frustration, but the fight to stay on old software and technology will produce those kinds of results. On Windows 10, both sides of the fence are rock solid stable for the most part. This is coming from someone who has some people that have to stay on older versions of Windows due to their software support requirements, and that's simply part of the challenge.

Also, I know that you keep referencing that you've been around for a long time, so have many of us here. I don't believe in referencing the old days, since the developers that developed the software back then are probably long since gone. Not to mention as consumer needs and requirements have continued to get more complex, so does the code. I don't believe in really referencing anything in the IT space that is older than 2 years because of the high turn over of developers and engineers in the industry.

Desktop:

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Logitech G903 Mouse

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

I have to use win 10 because of proprietary software that only works on win 10 and I hate it. There are plenty of workarounds to get modern hardware working on win 7, like my current ryzen build which surprisingly works better on 7. Less stutter and lag. MS only killed support for win 7 to force upgrades to win 10.

I'm not that old. I've just went through lots of gpus. I upgrade parts every year or so and the gpu has been the main one for me. I still have some of my old gpus and they work fine. I dont like forced obsolescence. I dont reminisce about the 'good ol days.' I just want software stability. Which nvidia has provided me for the past 8 years admirably(with a few exceptions here and there). Amd does not have good driver support for their cards. In my mining rigs I have to use custom or user made drivers and profiles because I dont trust amd at all. 

I dont rma mining cards. Once they're dead, they're dead. I've probably went through a hundred of them by now.