Best oem to buy gpus from?

42kq
6 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, that is probably because you're mining.  Their drivers have been fine for gaming and other usage, and ya linux and drivers is always a problem.  As for the FX issue AMD lost a lot of money with the FX CPUs which lowered their RND budget for every part of the company.

Nope, amd drivers have been nothing but trouble for me in day to day usage. Mining is a completely different issue. 

Btw why did amd invest so heavily in such a shitty architecture? Why did they go full steam ahead if they saw it was going to be such crap?

I'm not talking about my mining rigs. I'm saying in general amd drivers have always given my problems. The last time was when my rx480 wouldn't work with amd crimson and I had to return the card and get a 1060. In contrast Ati drivers rarely gave me problems. I relied on them to run my vista machine, because nvidia dropped the ball with their 64 bit drivers. I heard horror stories about ati linux drivers, but I never got the chance to use them. I've only been mining for a few years now.

12 hours ago, Jon Jon said:

To keep on topic, I would push for EVGA.

My buddy had bought an EVGA GTX 760 that started to overheat.

They sent him a refurbished GTX 960.

Basically, a free upgrade.

I've never seen better customer support out of graphics card manufacturers.

EVGA second hand warranty was updated now requires invoice after May 2018

On 7/26/2018 at 12:10 PM, 42kq said:

Nah man. I had an X1950 and loved it. The HD2900 was a travesty. The last good card was the 4850 but even then it was still kinda hot. I bought another one to crossfire. I think things really started going downhill when the HD6000 series were released. Also amd has horrible drivers. I never had problems with ati catalyst only amd radeon drivers.

Man i still game on most games except some AAA titles, high settings 1080p with my 8 years old enthusiast hd 6950 unlocked card and when 6950/6970 were out they beat the crap out of gtx 5XX nvidia series. What are you talking about?
BTW the support driver support for radeon hd 6XXX series stopped before two years.  

P.S I am not a fanboy. I get the best from every brand.

3 hours ago, Settlerteo said:

Man i still game on most games except some AAA titles, high settings 1080p with my 8 years old enthusiast hd 6950 unlocked card and when 6950/6970 were out they beat the crap out of gtx 5XX nvidia series. What are you talking about?
BTW the support driver support for radeon hd 6XXX series stopped before two years.  

P.S I am not a fanboy. I get the best from every brand.

It's the driver support man. My HD5850 was alright but something happened around the HD6000 series release. My 5850 wouldn't work unless I used older drivers. When the gtx600 series came out I barely had issues with nvidia cards.

The answer is EVGA. I have never had an issue with their support and they have consistently proven to raise their support above other OEM's

8 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

The answer is EVGA. I have never had an issue with their support and they have consistently proven to raise their support above other OEM's

Alright I'll give them another go when I need a new gpu. Still haven't forgotten the 4 week wait last time.