Isopropyl alcohol fried my motherboard

So I opened my case yesterday to clean out the dirt and maybe add some front USB ports. I cleaned everything with isopropyl 99% industrial grade and then connected everything like it was before. But now the system is not booting up. I changed RAM, reinstalled CPU, changed PSU but nothing. There is electric charge coming inside the board but it is not booting up. I don't have a multimeter to check the voltage but I'm pretty sure it's fried. I think isopropyl did this. Beware!

Main system (Mini itx 80mm)

i5-7500 | Asrock h110m | Noctua L9i | Realan H80 Case | 8GB 2400 Ram ADATA | M600 SSD | 500 GB Seagate

Other System (Laptop)

i7 3632QM | Toshiba | 8GB Corsair VS RAM | Sandisk SSD PLUS | 500GB Toshiba HDD

Did you give it time to dry? I mean Alcohol evaporates fast, but if you didn't give it enough time it can short things out just like any other liquid.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

Did you give it time to dry? I mean Alcohol evaporates fast, but if you didn't give it enough time it can short things out just like any other liquid.

Around 20-30 minutes

i5-7500 | Asrock h110m | Noctua L9i | Realan H80 Case | 8GB 2400 Ram ADATA | M600 SSD | 500 GB Seagate

Other System (Laptop)

Just now, frozeNNN said:

Tried resetting cmos?

no, I didn't change anything in the bios so I don't think that will help. There is no spark when I put a metal between boot pins.

Other System (Laptop)

you probably ripped something off when cleaning, i really doubt it was the isopropyl alcohol as that been recommended and tried many times to clean electronics

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

4 minutes ago, Neftex said:

you probably ripped something off when cleaning, i really doubt it was the isopropyl alcohol as that been recommended and tried many times to clean electronics

I just gave it a bath. nothing else.

Other System (Laptop)

Sorry but isopropyl alcohol will evaporate within 60 seconds at regular room temperatures and the 1% of water content will definitely be fully evaporated within 20 minutes. There is likely a loose connection somewhere, or you damaged the board through either ESD or physical means.

EDIT: If you actually submerged the board, I hope you took the CMOS battery out and made sure to discharge all power from the board. You should have let it dry for much longer as well since there would be water underneath the SMT components.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

How did you clean your PC? What did you use to clean your PC?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

11 hours ago, DimasRMDO said:

How did you clean your PC? What did you use to clean your PC?

I just gave the motherboard an alcohol bath using a spray bottle. That's it! No cloth, nothing.

11 hours ago, 2FA said:

Sorry but isopropyl alcohol will evaporate within 60 seconds at regular room temperatures and the 1% of water content will definitely be fully evaporated within 20 minutes. There is likely a loose connection somewhere, or you damaged the board through either ESD or physical means.

EDIT: If you actually submerged the board, I hope you took the CMOS battery out and made sure to discharge all power from the board. You should have let it dry for much longer as well since there would be water underneath the SMT components.

I used a spray bottle.

Other System (Laptop)

31 minutes ago, rukspuks said:

no, I didn't change anything in the bios so I don't think that will help. There is no spark when I put a metal between boot pins.

Well then you would be surprised if I told you that hardware problems are hard to understand and often logical explanation isn't a thing.