Cloud 2 vs Alpha vs Sennheiser HD 579

tehMaestro

Alright, guys, normally this would be an easy question but due to the circumstances here you guys will understand why I'm asking this. 

So for starters, I don't have a soundcard or anything like that and my onboard is from an Asus P7P55D, yeah I know its quite old. There is a local shop here who is doing a promo so the 2 hyperX headsets would go for 85€ each and the Sennheiser is down to 100€ from 189€. I am realy clueless about sound in general but Ive always heard plenty of good about Senheisers, the thing is like I said my sound in onboard and I'm pretty sure I would need a soundcard or a dac or amp for the Senheiser even for the Alpha right? As why the cloud2 is in the question because that one comes with usb soundcard.

Also I dont realy need a mic, I have a RODE NT USB and my current headset is a SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism.

Thanks for the help and which one of the 3 should I get?

8 minutes ago, tehMaestro said:

Alright, guys, normally this would be an easy question but due to the circumstances here you guys will understand why I'm asking this. 

So for starters, I don't have a soundcard or anything like that and my onboard is from an Asus P7P55D, yeah I know its quite old. There is a local shop here who is doing a promo so the 2 hyperX headsets would go for 85€ each and the Sennheiser is down to 100€ from 189€. I am realy clueless about sound in general but Ive always heard plenty of good about Senheisers, the thing is like I said my sound in onboard and I'm pretty sure I would need a soundcard or a dac or amp for the Senheiser even for the Alpha right? As why the cloud2 is in the question because that one comes with usb soundcard.

Also I dont realy need a mic, I have a RODE NT USB and my current headset is a SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism.

Thanks for the help and which one of the 3 should I get?

Take the sennheiser, thank me later

4 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Take the sennheiser, thank me later

is my old p7p55d gonna be able to drive it?

I use a pair of cloud 2's, and theyre fantastic - even the mic is somewhat decent for a headset. 

Super comfy, have fair sound with some bass. Though I wouldnt recommend using the included dongle.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P